Nightime Playtime

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Friday night, Cam was up from 1:30-3:30 and 4:30-6:30, wanting to play and dance etc. Last night, he was up from 1:30-2:45 (in addition to 11:30, 4:30 and 6:30...). He has always nursed and gone back to sleep, so this is new.

Any advice to make it not playtime? I turn on his frog (music he goes to sleep to, like white noise), pat his back, tell him goodnight, don't make eye contact, avoid picking him up. I need some new things to try!

Edited to add: he will start freaking out, so I pick him up, and he starts smiling and giggling, and dancing (wiggles his whole body back and forth - its pretty cute...during normal waking hours!). I put him down, he starts freaking out.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Last edited by Jessimaaka; March 25th, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
March 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Following! I have a rebel on my hand and I've tried everything.
I hope you can get some sleep soon!

March 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer has been doing this too!!! If I can't get her to go back down within like 3-4 tries I put her in her swing with cartoons on and I go back to bed. The first 2 times I did this I noticed she passed out within 15 minutes. It's probably not the greatest thing to be doing for future sleep issues, but it's working and we're both getting some sleep.

March 25th, 2013, 08:16 AM
That's how I got him to sleep Friday morning at 630am, but in his swing, he rarely sleeps for more than 45 minutes...I'm hesitant to do that at night! But we may try that out if its close enough to the morning again.

Jess
March 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I threw in the towel. When she wants to play, I get up and play with her. Otherwise, she kicks her feet, blows raspberries, and slaps me until I get up.

March 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That sucks, Jess, Can you sleep holding him? I do that with Theo if he won't sleep alone.
March 25th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Nope, not anymore. He won't even co-sleep with me anymore either, if I bring him in with us, he's extremely restless and just disrupts my sleep and his.

I wish I could just give in, but I'm a zombie. He's content to cuddle in my arms sometimes, but only if I stand, not even sit. As much as I love him, I cannot do that night in and night out. I mean, he's only done it 2 nights so far, but its 2 out of the last 3 nights, which is not cool.

I really really hope this is a quick phase!

Jess
March 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily does that occasionally but we co-sleep so usually I just kind of pat her and let her roll around and babble for a few minutes and eventually she goes back to sleep when she sees how boring things are at that time of the morning.

I think they are developing so much right now that they're just really excited to practice all their new skills and can't sit still.

March 25th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree they are wanting to practice new things in the middle of the night. E wakes up, rolls over, wakes me up, coos/"talks" and smiles, and wants to nurse. At least that's how it's been the last few nights.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

March 25th, 2013, 11:53 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Harper was a bugger last night too, first time ever she's been like that. Wouldn't sleep during the day and wouldn't go to bed, then woke up a tonne during the night. I hope she sleeps better tonight, I am stuffed!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search