Update on us

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I haven't been around as much lately...a lot's been going on. As some of you know, my grandfather has been on the decline for quite sometime and he passed away on Friday. I took Emily to their house the day before so at least I got to have a few last moments with him and I am so glad he had these last 8 months to get to know Emily. And it was so touching when the picture of him and Emily won for "G is for great-grandparents". While he had lived a very long, full life and his death was totally expected, it is still nonetheless very sad and hard to process.

On a lighter note, my involuntary vacation following my company's layoff is coming to an end after this week. I got a new job as a Communications Director with a state association and while it is not ideal and pays far less than I was making before, I'm going to try and make the most of it...at least until I find something better This time at home with Emily has been great but I'm kind of looking forward to being back at work. I definitely give you SAHM's props because it is not easy!!!! I am glad that I got to watch Emily accomplish some of her milestones like sitting and discovering her voice and starting to crawl but I will not miss her fighting naptime or the occasional meltdowns.

March 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Good luck at your new job and I am sorry to hear about your grandpa, I LOVED that photo. If I were you I'd get it framed.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 25th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry. Huge hugs!! I am so glad he got to meet Emily!!

Congrats on the new job!
March 25th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sorry for your loss. I also loved that photo, and agree about getting it framed.

Good luck with your new job!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 25th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry about your grandpa. I recently lost my grandmother. It was tough.
Happy to hear about your new job!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

March 25th, 2013, 02:36 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your loss! I also loved that photo and I agree, you should definitely frame it!!

March 25th, 2013, 04:22 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I am so sorry for your loss. Even though it was expected itbus very hard losing someone so close that you have had in your life for so long.
Huge hugs xo

March 25th, 2013, 11:56 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandfathers passing. It's never easy, no matter what the situation. Thinking of you and your family at this time

Congratulations on the new job

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

March 26th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Super Mommy
Prayers and hugs for you.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search