How are your other (older) children/babies doing with your NEW LO?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Reasons2Smile
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By Stepp_Ann
  • 1 Post By MrsTiffy
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Veteran
How are your other (older) children/babies doing with your NEW LO?

Our 11 yo dd does an excellent job in helping out, with the exception of changing diapers! Quite frankly, I think she adores the attention she gets when we're out and she's holding the baby. We were concerned when we had Liam that our 2 yo dd may be a bit jelous but, she, too, has taken on a "little" motherly role. From getting diapers ready to gathering up bottles, she's such a little helper. And, I absolutely LOVE when she tells everyone, "I love my little brudder"! Precious! She never took a bink but, when we first brought him home, she would occasionally steal his. Overall, I'm very happy (and a bit relieved) to see how well both of our children have adjusted to the new baby. I know at first I was terrified of the thought of having a boy (with all sisters and baby girls) but, Liam was obviously the pefect fit. GOD had a plan...I just needed to trust that all would be well. Looking at all of my children, I know just how very blessed I am!
March 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
My boys are 4.5 and 3 yrs. Both are great with Evelyn for the most part they ignore her but if she is crying they both will try to talk to her and let her know she is ok and both are happy to run and grab a diaper or wipes when needed. My oldest sometimes will pick out her clothes lol.
Brandiwine3 likes this.
March 27th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older kids are dd1 (16) dd2 (14) ds (12) and dd3 (10). They absolutely adore baby Kyah! They all want to hold her and snuggle her and play with her all the time! There just isn't enough Kyah to go around most of the time, lol! As soon as Kyah wakes up and we get out of bed all of the kids are saying "Can I hold Kyah?"...and then it's "I asked first...."....

She gets LOTS of attention!! We think she probably feels like a celebrity So many camera flashes and videos being taken...so many people wanting her attention...LOL
Brandiwine3 likes this.

Last edited by Blessed Mommy Of 5; March 27th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
March 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my boys are great with him. They love to play with him and hold him!
Brandiwine3 likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Super Mommy
Our girls are amazing big sisters to him. Since they are older, we all joke that Brady Man has 4 mommas. The way he lights up when they get home from school everyday is so awesome to me. He is a lucky little guy to be so very loved by his sisters.
Brandiwine3 likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My kids love her. My oldest ds is her favorite person next to me. Every time she sees him she smiles really big, and she loves it when he holds her. My 2 year old doesn't really care that much. He likes to kiss her, and give her toys. Other than that he doesn't mess with her. My dd likes her but she keeps her distance. She will play with her sometimes, but that isn't very often. She hates that Maura pulls her hair all the time, so that might be part of it.
Brandiwine3 likes this.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My girls 9 and 8 fight over him all the time. It's nice when they are home on weekends then he gets entertained while I clean. The littler kids couldn't really care less, and Noah who is 11 will bring him down if he's crying in the morning when he gets up for school or something. Other than that he really doesn't care either.
Brandiwine3 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search