Carseats

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Who's been switched to a convertible and who gets to remain in an infant carrier?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 26th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
We switched to the convertible a little over a month ago. He is so much more comfortable in it. He hated the carrier.

March 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We switched in November. I hate using the infant carrier.

March 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emmett is in the carrier still but he seems to hate the car more and more so we will probably switch him soon.

March 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
We have the convertible in one car and the infant carrier in the other. He's still using the infant carrier most. His growth has plateaued around 20 lbs, he has only grown about 1-2 lbs since Christmas so we might be able to squeeze a little more time out of it then I thought we would. Its more convenient so I keep using it despite how heavy it is to carry.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Sarah has about outgrown her infant seat but I'm not sure if the convertible we have will fit with the seats that the big girls sit in....
March 26th, 2013, 09:11 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Convertible. We all hated the infant carrier.

My Ovulation Chart
March 26th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still in the carrier as it's easier to plunk it in the car base and then move the seat right into the stroller. He's getting too long though so we'll have to put him in a convertible soon.
March 26th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
I'm hoping she'll fit in the infant one until May when Nathan will move out of the convertable to a new seat.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 26th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the opposite problem! Micah is mainly in the infant seat still and hates the convertible. He is almost out of belt though so I will have no choice but to switch him soon. He has toys hanging on his infant seat and there really isn't a way to do that with the convertible.
March 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam is in a convertible in both cars now, but he still falls asleep a lot in the car, and I have to pull the truck in the garage to not disturb him and let him sleep. I miss the days of just pulling the carrier out! He's been in it for about 3 weeks now.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
Cetch is still in his carrier. He hate it though! As soon as I set him in it he flips every direction trying to get out before I can snap him down.

I like it because it is so much easier to bring him inside from the car if he falls alseep on the way home.

I guess I need to look into switching him soon.

So, how long do they stay rear facing?

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

March 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
We still have Pippa in her infant carrier, but we will switch to a convertible seat in a month or so. It did not make sense to switch her out before she could sit up well enough for a high chair in a restaurant, a basket in a store, or her stroller. It was not safe to just carry her in places. (Also, we paid a primo price for that Italian leather.)

It is getting very hard to carry her in the carrier now. My husband has an injured back, and I'm only 5'2" which makes it very hard to get the seat out of the middle of the second row of the SUV. I don't have enough leverage to reach it and lift it out since it is now so heavy.

Pippa has never been a fan of the carrier. Now she has a lovely new trick I like to call the ironing board. She goes ramrod stiff so that you can't put her in and buckle her. Then I start laughing so hard I can't buckle her anyway.

March 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
We ditched the infant seat at 3mo and haven't looked back. We never liked it even with our first.

As far as RFing p - BY LAW, it's 20 lbs AND 1yr. Meaning that if they're 20lbs now, they can't FF till 1 yr still. Or if they turn 1 and are NOT 20lbs yet, they cannot FF until they're 20lb. It isn't a either/or situation, it'd AND. Meaning both requirements need to be met. That said - It's recommended to keep them RFing until at least 2yrs.
megg0, MosaicWife and Pixie Dust like this.

March 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Still in the infant seat. Has plenty of room to grow. Probably won't be switching until he's one like with the other two.

March 26th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Shes been in a convertible for a month or so...I'll admit, I didnt mind lugging the thing around and miss the benifits. Oh well.

March 26th, 2013, 05:45 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Finn is still in his infant carrier and hates it.
We're actually getting his new one within the next few weeks!
He is growling like a weed!

March 26th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Funny, we're switching next week too. I think we're going for the new Chicco Nextfits.

Extended rear facing folks here DS is 2 1/2 and still going strong...trying to hit at least 35 lbs with him!
megg0, AllyssaM, afwifey09 and 1 others like this.
March 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Regular
We are still using infant carrier, but have been wondering when to switch.

For those who have used convertibles, or are planning to buy one - which one is the most preferred?
March 26th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Veteran
Ryan is still in the infant carrier and will be probably be in it for awhile. I have the infant car seat that goes to 32 lbs. Ryan is staying at 16lbs or so for the last month, so I should get a lot of use out of it. When he can start sitting up better I will leave his carseat in the car like a convertible, since the seat is heavy. I recommend keeping babies rear facing till there are 2 , because its the safest way for a baby to be in a carseat in a car.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search