Are you still....

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to?

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse?

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why?

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer?

March 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? No, although he won't nap out of my arms much. He never officially co slept, but was in a bassinet after the first couple weeks.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Yes and I don't have weaning plans.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? I have stopped. I have stink issues I can't solve and I already have at least three loads of laundry and with as much water as I was using for the stink problem, I don't think it ended up being very beneficial. I refuse to sell my diapers though!

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer?
What is" baby wearing"? I don't know if I am a baby wearer by definition but I do use my carrier a lot. ?? I think I am....he is in the carrier about 3-4 hours total in a given week, either from being out and about or just being cranky while I am busy with other things at home. Am I a baby wearer? Haha, I dunno...

March 27th, 2013, 10:06 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Nope, she's in her room for all naps and nighttime now.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse?
No. Many issues.

Yep.

Yep. I do it whenever a cart isn't available. She loves riding in carts so I'll skip it for that, any other time she's in the ergo.
March 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Co-Sleeping/Bedsharing: Half the night. I was trying to wean her from that, but then her little body went through all sorts if changes and she was all off schedule. She's starting to get back on schedule, so I'm going to start working on it again. She's getting bigger, I'm running out of room, she wants to nurse often in her sleep when she's in bed with us..but mostly because she's started waking up with DHs alarm and staying up/fighting going back to sleep. I can't do that.

Breastfeeding: Yes, absolutely. No plans to stop at any time.

Cloth Diapering: Yup, most the time. Some days we use disposables. We do every night. But most days is cloth.

Baby wearing: Absolutely. It's almost needed, for me, with two kids.

March 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Super Mommy
Nope, she was in her room from the start.

Yep, no forseeable end in sight. Nathan was done around 17 months. We'll see w/ Abby. She seems much more attached.

Nope, never tried.

Not as much as I thought I would. She likes riding in the stroller w/ Nathan. I will if we hike or in stores w/ out carts though.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? Yep. No plans to stop anytime soon.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Yes, even woth both breasts clogged up. No plans to wean until he's ready.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? Absolutely! I have my Babyhawk which I use all the time though not right now because of the clogs plus I just ordered a wrap conversion mei tai to be custom made.

March 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Yes. It's the only way she will sleep or nap-period. I plan to do it as long as she wants.

Yes. I plan to let her decide to wean. If she is two or three, that's fine with me.

I really always wanted to because fluff is just so adorable! However, as a working mom with a home daycare provider, it really was not an option. My provider is not keen on the idea. Also, I know people say it is less work, but it's more laundry, and I can barely keep up as it is.

Sadly, Pippa never took to the Baby K'Tan or any of the many other slings and wraps I tried. She really does not like being confined. She's a free bird, and I respect that. She does, however, love to simply be held, and I do that more often than I put her in the stroller.

March 27th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? We stopped about a month ago. He was waking me up in his sleep and I was in turn waking him up. He is getting more rest on his own now...me sort of

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Yes, no plans to stop anytime soon My goal is 12 months and we'll go from there.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? We do off and on. We're back off right now as I don't have a diaper sprayer. I may just wait until the poop just plops off to start again.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? If I'm doing the floors and sometimes when I'm cooking. Walks he's currently in his stroller, but once we need less layers, he'll be back in the Ergo.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? -- NO we stopped a few weeks ago. Sometimes I will bring him in bed with me for an extra hour in the morning though

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? I am. I am going to play it by ear but I am determined to keep Micah EBF until he is a year old. I would like him to continue to get bm until he is 2 though. We shall see

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? I never started.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? I still use the ergo from time to time but when we go to the park or the zoo ect Micah likes to look at everything so we use the stroller then. Whenever I take teh dogs anywhere I always wear him though!
March 27th, 2013, 12:29 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Co-Sleeping? The last few nights I layed him down in his pac n play right up against our bed. He stays sleeping in it for a few hours then wants to be held. He also wants to be held for his other naps also, but I'm trying to get him to take them in his swing in the kitchen.

Breastfeeding?
Yup still bf. No food as of now. I'd like to till a year old, but my fam thinks he's sucking everything out of me, and thinks I should give him food. lol
March 27th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? *Sigh* I don't even want to talk about sleeping arraignments.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Yes, of course. I will let Sarah wean when she's ready. I will move to the don't offer don't refuse method when she's about 18 months or so and will encourage the weaning process after she turns two.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? Yes. No reason to stop. Disposables ick me out.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? Yes, we baby wear. I have a new ergo and I'm still breaking it in. It's not as comfortable as my old one and I'm not sure I have it adjusted the same way yet. I have moved Sarah to my back, finally!! (Not a huge fan of ergo on the belly). I wear her when we shop and go for walks and once in a while when I'm cooking supper if she's super fussy.
March 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I am still breastfeeding! I am going to let Oz wean when he is ready though I am offering him solids at least 2 times a day. He mostly eats finger foods and just eats as much as he likes which usually isn't a ton.

Baby wearing - yep. I don't do it everyday, but when I need to. Once its spring we will be a lot more.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? Occasionally though I don't enjoy it like I did with my DD.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Yep - no time limit, just a minimum of one year and then for as long as we are both happy continuing the relationship.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? Yep.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? I babywear basically any time I'm taking Emmett anywhere. I usually use our ergo sport.

March 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-Sleeping? Yes. I really want to transition her but she just doesn't want to sleep in her crib. She either cries non-stop or just rolls around and plays. And now she's in the middle of a wonder week period so her sleep is really whacked out.

Breastfeeding? I've been struggling with production for a while. My right boob, which has always underproduced, has dried up and now the left isn't much better. I still try to nurse when I can but I've started supplementing with formula and solids. Now that I'm starting back to work, I'll probably wean soon.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? Never did.

Baby wearing? Never did much of that either.

March 27th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? We are. Connor won't have anything to do with his crib so he sleeps in bed with me. We're both much happier that way.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Still going strong and we'll keep doing it as long as Connor wants to.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? We've always used sposies.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? I wear him every day, he'll usually nap while I do things in the morning. Now that the weather's getting nicer I'll be taking him out for walks more too.
March 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yuppers. we have been slowly transitioning to his pack n play. he doesnt sleep nearly as well and neither do i :/ but soon he will have his own room, not that he will sleep in it, he will be in our room for a long while yet but perhaps for naps he will be in his own room since for naps he will sleep by himself now

yes and no. i nurse him as much as possible. and at night he is BF'd all night long. i work 2 jobs tho :/ so he is supplemented. i dont forsee any stopping anytime soon.

i still cloth when we are home. (for the most part) recently we have been very busy and havent been able too cause i just havent had time for the laundry, but we still fluffy butt it up

I love baby wearing i wear him a lot. i LOVE my baby hawk!!!! and so does he he falls asleep on my back a lot taylr baby wears too tho he isnt a fan of the baby hawk so we got him an easier to use infantino that he likes to use. when the weather is nice hewill go in his stroller but he will still be worn a lot!

March 28th, 2013, 03:43 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? Yes. I put him to bed in his crib, but he comes to bed with me when he nurses at night and just stays. He wakes up earlier than I do, and I just put him back in his crib with toys to play until I wake up. It's working for now. He'll probably be in my room much longer than any of my others, just because I don't have anywhere to put him. He'll move out when he's sturdy and old enough to room with his big brothers.

Yes. Till we are mutually finished. Hopefully 1.5-2.5 years.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? Yes

I use a carrier instead of a stroller for Rowan. When I go out of the house, I usually have Rowan on my back and two seats in the stroller for his big brothers. The only time I wear him at home is when I am working in the yard.

March 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? Yes, but we've been working on transitioning. With daycare and illness throughout more of that time than not, it's not been going so well. He'll be out of daycare and in the care of his aunt starting 4/9. We've told her that we exclusively want her to have him nap in his crib, and we're making the commitment to transition him to nighttime sleeping in there as well. I know we'll all sleep better that way. I just hope I don't have to get up ten times per night when I have to work the next day.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Yes. My current goal is 12 months. I've been able to keep up with pumping so far while I'm at work, and I hope it continues.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? No. Never did.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? Yes, as much as possible. We do use the stroller sometimes. It just depends on the situation. He and I both like the Ergo. When he was really fussy and sick, it was a lifesaver. The only way I could get him to nap.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
March 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, never did, never did, and rarely
March 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Co-Sleeping? If not why? If so how long do you plan to? Yes, I'm too lazy to quit. If she would sleep in her crib I would stop now.

Breastfeeding? If not, what made you stop? If so, how long do you plan to nurse? Still going and want to go as long as she wants to.

Cloth Diapering? If you stopped, why? Hahahaha. I stopped when she was a couple weeks old. With 2 kids, it just didn't work for me.

Baby wearing? Tell us about it, do you do it all the time? Do you plan to do it more when the weather is nicer? Just starting to do it more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search