The Adventurs of Owlbert in the Frigid North

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By TuckrLeesMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well Owlbert flies tomorrow (or friday depending) so i have finally assembled the pictures of his adventures!
We received Owlbert and Tuckr IMMEDIATELY took to him. I have been weaning him off his beloved friend and back to his Tigger (its not going well)

Owlbert had literally just been unpacked! With Owlbert also came a fun Tshirt that says "I do all my own stunts" from Jaq (I will post a pic later as im not sure where the original picture i took of it went)
but here he is fresh from Tennessee

Tuckr immediately took his new friend on a tour of the house more specifically under to coffee table lol

later he took a nap with his new friend

we decided that Tuckr is just a little to young to go sledding, it was a bit dangerous so we tried to build a snowman lol but the snow wasnt packy enough so we just played in the snow instead

Tuckr shared some taggie love with his buddy he loved chewing on his butt tag and his scarf lol

Owlbert came with us on lots of fun adventures. We went to lunch with Gamma gamma and aunt sissy and brought him along this was after when we were sitting on the couch outside the restaurant

Taylr and i train MMA and we are at the gym a lot. we call Tuckr a mat rat lol he comes along and has a grand old time watching us. so Owlbert came too of course

Now where we live is a very special place. We are right on the border of Canada and we are also home of the famous Soo Locks. In the summer this place is BEAUTIFUL but in the winter its pretty dead :/ i plan on purchasing Tuckr his own OwlBuddy and going on adventures and posting what this place looks like in the summer there are so many things we do. well we wanted to show off where we come from so here we go.

This is the sign pointing straight to Canada. Right before the bridge

This is the International Bridge. It kinda cool at night its all lit up red white and blue, well on our side at least, but that land you see behind us is O Canada and the smoke and stuff to the left if the Algoma Steel Plant.

This is the sign in front of the Famous Soo Locks. The Soo Locks is a locking system for freighters to pass from the Lake Superior level to the Lake Huron level. a difference of 21 feet. It was built by Irish immigrants fleeing from the potatoe famine. This is vital for industry in the united states. Coal, grain, and tacanite iron ore are just a few of the things shipped on freighters that gets sent all over the world

This is a cart that all the crew members use to scuttle around. we got lucky and the crew member knew us and we got to get a picture on it in front of the guard shack

The stone structure behind us that looks oriental was a gift from the Japanese, from our sister city way over there.

This is a freighter that used to run the lakes. It is very small compared to the ships that sail the lakes now. My step dad works on them actually. this ship is only a little over 700 feet long. The average now is 700-1,000+ feet long. This ship was retired and has been transformed into a museum. Most of you ladies may have heard the Gordy Lightfoot song the Edmund Fitzgrald, well that ship sunk not to far from where we live and the life rafts and many artifacts found are housed here.

Sault Saint Marie is also home to the worlds largest horizontal hydro-electric power plant. It is made entirely out of sandstone harvested from the canal that bisects the town creating an "island" out of the downtown area/historical district. If you look close you can see light houses masoned into the sides. this structure was built by Italian Stone masons and is 100% functional. In one week with all the turbines turning at full power it can put out enough power to power the city of Chicago for 6 months. The yellow boat in front of it is actually boats i used to work on. They are part of the Soo Locks Boat Tours.

Part of being in a historical shipping area there are anchors placed all over the place. this one we could actually get to so we stopped to pose :

Now during Owlberts stay we had a fight weekend so Owlbert came along and had some fun in the cage before

Tuckr and Taylr in the cage

this is our friend Stella she is one of the MMA babies well they are the only MMA babies lol. She is 10 months old and she had lots of fun playing with Owlbert too. we shared our toys.

we all had a great time hanging out and playing together like we always do. Stellas dad is the announcer for Big Johns MMA so she comes to all the shows with her mom and dad. Maria (her mom) is a fellow baby wearing nursing mama. we have lots to talk about. its fun to know they will grow up together in this world our families love

well that was our adventure!!!! We had so much fun with Owlbert and he was such a little trooper when Tuckr was sick and needed a friend!
cant wait to see where else he will end up!!!

We hope you enjoyed our adventure as much as we did!!!

Thanks for reading

Maddie, Taylr, and Tuckr

<3

March 27th, 2013, 07:52 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I love your adventure! There's so much interesting history thanks for sharing

Pinterest
Flickr
March 27th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you! im glad you enjoyed it!!!

March 28th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I will come back to comment more later as am dashing, but I love all the sweet pics, Owlbert is certainly experiencing some extremes of weather lol, I'm glad Tuckr loved him so much and enjoyed his stay...and I just love the pics of you, you have such a stunning smile.

March 28th, 2013, 04:16 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Aww great pice Maddie!! Looks like Owlbert had a blast

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

March 28th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe shucks sharron thank you.
We had a blast!

March 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Love all the historical places Owlbert is getting to visit! I don't know much about the US side, but my DH is up at the Canadian side all the time for work Looks like Tuckr had lots of fun with him.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Thanks for sharing, Maddie! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search