Who was your childhood best friend?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AllyssaM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 05:01 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Did you have a best friend in school? Have you kept in contact with them? What did you two spend your time doing during summer breaks? Did you ever take a vacation together? What's your favorite story or memory you had with them?

March 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I had a few childhood best friends... But sometime in Middle School, something went wrong and we broke up. One of them was my neighbor around the corner... We went to school together and we played at home together. We never went on vacations together. Her and I were OBSESSED with baby dolls. We played with them, outside and around the neighborhoods, until we stopped being friends in middle school. Ha! We had REAL infant car seats that we carried them around in around the neighborhood. And whenever a car drove by, we acted like they were real babies

Thankfully, we reconnected via facebook about a year or two ago. We both ended up pregnant together and she had her first baby girl about 7 weeks after I had Adalyn. Ever since then, we started texting often which turned into all day every day. When we visited home in Feb, we got together with the kids a couple times, she came to a family get together, and we left the babies with daddies and went out for a couple drinks together. We constantly wonder what went wrong, we still don't know 100%. We are SOOO much alike, though, it's crazy. She is deff my best friend now - Even if an ocean separates us. I'll be going home for a month with the girls soon, and I'm sure we'll spend all our free time together. She has even told me that she wants me there during her next delivery.

My bestestest friend of all time, though, would be my mommy.
MosaicWife likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Did you have a best friend in school? Have you kept in contact with them? What did you two spend your time doing during summer breaks? Did you ever take a vacation together? What's your favorite story or memory you had with them?

I've gone through several. Through preschool and elementary school, my friend Danielle. We still talk although not as close. We played pretend, dress up, capture the flag, etc. Best memory would be this made up game we played that is far to embarrassing to even attempt to explain on here - it involved pretending LOL.

In highschool, it was Laurel (some of you know her from JM). We had a falling out, but a few years ago became closer again. Now that we both have kids, we're even closer, I see her about every 2 weeks and we text all the time. We went to the bar, chased boys, had house parties....generally were teenagers I could go on forever about my favourite memories with Laurel - she's pretty awesome.

After, I started dating DH and he's one of my best friends still Just before that, I was close with a girl named Nikki, we talk from time to time, but she does a lot of things I disagree with so I don't push for the friendship.

Now, my best friends would be my one sister and my friend Jenn (met her when I started my first job after university).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I had a best friend in grade school named Rachelle. We did everything together. But then her family moved away before Jr. High. We used to write all the time but as the years went by, we lost track of each other.

In Jr. High I became best friends with Katie and since our mothers were good friends and we only lived about 2 miles apart on the next road over, we practically lived at each others houses lol. We would spend our summers playing basketball, biking or swimming. We went on summer vacations with each other's families all the time. She has a little brother who was about 12 years younger and I always babysat him if she was working and I was free.

My favorite memory was when we were still in high school and we were in a student club called S.A.D.D. (Students Against Drunk Driving). We had a Lock-In at the school to raise money and her and I were just playing around on the Basketball court when 2 guys came up and asked if they could play 2-on-2 with us. They wanted to know if we wanted boy-girl teams or boys vs girls. Of course we took them on girls vs guys and beat the crap out of them Plus the best part was when the guy blocking me thought he was being all cool and stopped blocking and told me to go ahead a shoot from where I was on the 3 point line, thinking I'd never make it....sucker! Katie looked at him and goes, "You sure? That's her sweet spot! She never misses from that spot." But he said go for it, so I shrugged and put it in easy as pie. The guy's team mate punched him in the arm for giving us 3 points lol. That was the best. Never underestimate girls who have tons of time playing B-ball during the summer

March 30th, 2013, 02:11 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I had a few childhood best friends since we moved a couple of times when I was young.

One of them just had her first baby in January! We are not close but we touch base now and then.
March 30th, 2013, 07:15 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I just saw my childhood best friend today! She cam to Harper's birthday party. We were inseparable from elementary school through most of high school but after she started dating her high school boyfriend and graduated we drifted apart. We started talking again when we realized we were pregnant at the same time (seven months apart) both boys and then again when we were pregnant with our girls and due only a few weeks apart. Drifted apart again and re-connected over FB.

My second closest friend I met in high school and we are still pretty close. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff so it's tough plus we have completely different lifestyles but we still try.

My bestest best friend and heterosexual lifemate and I met in high school and we didn't really like each other. Then something happened, she moved away for a year and came back a changed woman. I was supposed to move too but wound up coming back home instead at the same time she moved back but all of our mutual friends moved away. Something possessed me to call her and let her know I was staying even though we weren't really close and she screamed, "Yes! I have a friend!" I'll always remember that. That was the beginning of an amazing friendship. We were connected at the hip until she left for college and even though she's lived in a lot of different places, currently NY, we talk every single day and visit as often as possible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search