Did I tell you guys?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I am not sure if I shared this here or not. Dh finally found out where we will be moving this summer. We are going to be going to Norfolk Va. It wasn't what we wanted at all, and we were both pretty upset about it. We will be there for 5 years, and most of that time dh will be gone. I have accepted it (it took me about a week to quit feeling sorry for myself), and I have started to get things figured out. We found out yesterday that we should be able to get into base housing when we move. We can't get put on the waiting list until dh gets a hard copy of his orders though, so we are still waiting on that. Dh also has to reenlist and he can't do that until he gets his orders. We are kinda racing the clock with that. As of right now he will still get a reenlistment bonus, but that could change at any second. I am hoping that he can get reenlisted before his bonus goes away because that will help a lot. I am slowly getting my house ready for the move. I still have a lot left to do, and not that much time. I want to have everything done by June, so I only have 2 months to get it all done. We are also looking into buying a new car. I am going to go this weekend to test drive some things, and if I find what I want then dh will go up there to get it for me. In the past few weeks my house has been turned upside down. My dd broke her elbow on the 5, and had to have surgery to put two pins in it on the 15th. My mom was down here for that, and went home last Sunday. Then we found out on Monday that dh's grandfather passed away. Him and I were really close, and it has been pretty hard on both of us. We couldn't make the trip up there right now, and that really sucked. We just couldn't afford to go up there now, and then go again over the summer. If we went up there now we would only be able to spend 3 days, but if we go up over the summer then we will be able to spend a week or two. This will be dh's last time to visit his family for awhile, so we want to make the most of the trip up there. Also with my dd's arm being broken I wasn't sure how she would handle that long trip only a week out from surgery. I really hope that things chill out around here a little, and that things start going smoothly. It is either that or I pull my hair out. Lol.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 28th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Veteran
Tiffany, I'm sorry to hear of your DH's grandfather's passing - losing someone is always difficult. Top that off with your news of moving and you're really getting hit hard. Well, here's to hoping things settle down and that your dd's elbow heals quickly - ouch!
March 28th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think this is a time where you just have to let go of some things, and let stuff fall into place.
I know you couldn't make it for the funeral, but maybe you could spend some time with other family members and talk about memories of the grandfather.

Take care of that poor little elbow too! I know what it's like to have something like that happen at the worst time. Noah started school Sept 1st, broke his leg on Sept 9th, and Weston was born on the 23rd. Not the greatest time for it!

March 28th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry about your DH's grandfather passing. That is tough that you all couldn't make it up there. It sounds like you have had a lot of things going on and a lot of stress. I hope things get smoother for you and your family! I hope you end up liking your move to VA, and I hope you find an awesome car!

I hope your little girl's arm heals quickly!

March 31st, 2013, 09:26 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I'm so sorry about your grandpa! Its so hard loosing a loved one and I'm here if you ever need to just talk. I'm also sorry about your dd arm! I hope she heals fast! Thats no fun you guys are getting pcs to a crappy place and for 5 years! Thats never nice but still try to see the up side and its still a new place place to see right. I'm so sorry though you sure have had a lot going on lately! I hope it all getsbetter soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search