Other names

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sherry777

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What were some of the other names you considered for your children? (Any of them) Post a picture of them now and if you can picture them being called that name.

March 28th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kailyn was going to be Megan, Maya, or Paige. Then one day I found the name Kailyn and knew that was hers. I couldn't picture her as anything else from that moment on.

I had a harder time with Connor. We considered Evan in the beginning, and Owen or Noah. His middle name was going to be James. We didn't name him until we were about to leave the hospital and he came home as Connor Michael. I can't picture him as anything else either!
March 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Audrey was always going to be Audrey. We had her names picked out years before she was born.

I wanted to name Sam Gretta and it totally doesn't fit her at all.

I had 3 names picked out for Sarah. Laura, Sarah and Jessica. I think Sarah fits her well.
March 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
We had a hard time with names.... He was nameless for three days after being born. We were using the family initials of JCH (called by middle name)
Jaxson Cetch H

We considered
Cash
Case
Coy
Clay
Catch
Cetch (something incredible that can't be described)
and a ton more that I don't even remember now!

His frist name is Jaxson. That was a nightmare fining a J name.
Now I wish we had used Jaxson but spelled it Jaxon, Jaxxon or Jaxton

I can not picture him as anything but Cetch! He is such a mess the name fits him.

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

Last edited by Pixie Dust; March 28th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
March 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
DH had this plan that we were going to have twin boys. We always had the names Cameron and Nolan picked out. So we had to pick between the two. Nolan is our pick for a second boy atm, but we'll see if that sticks once we're expecting again. I can't see him as a Nolan, he is so very much a Cam!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Katalina could have been Magdalena, but we changed it the day we found out gender. I cant imagine her as Magdalena...but I really believe the baby makes the name theirs...

March 29th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Christian Kelly narrowly avoided being named George Bradley, III after my husband. My husband, who has 100% naming rights, decided he would rather honor our religious beliefs and my deceased brother instead of his own family. He decided this in the 11th hour. It fits. He certainly does not look like a George Bradley.

George considered Pippa Samone for Jessica Brooke, but he felt we just hadn't had "our Pippa" yet. Therefore, he named her after the perfume I wore on our first date. Brooke just sounded peaceful with it.

Pippa Samone- nope, no other name would fit! Pippa is NOT from the royal family; it is from a character in Steven King's 1999 movie Storm of the Century. Samone was a childhood friend I had. She was a spoiled princess, and I told George if we ever had a princess, her middle name needed to be Samone! This girl was so spoiled she didn't even spell it like the other girls (Simone).
rainbowfish likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
Nathan was going to be Nathanael (gift of God) Eric from the start. I loved the name Nathan and DH wanted Eric as a middle name after his childhood best friend that passed away in 5th grade.

Abby, we knew we liked Abby or Addy. The meaning won us over, Adyson - one more child, or another child (she would be 2nd but it didn't seem super sweet). Abigail, Father's delight, I love that her daddy and her heavenly father both delight in her.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Finn was going to be Jett!
He definitely doesn't look like a Jett. LOL!

March 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lily was lily from before we were pregnant. I nevwr had a girl name in mind. Shes named after my mom and grandmother.

Other names I liked with Em are Adam, Lucas, and Dominic. I think he could be an Adam or Lucas still. Rami was his middle name until Ben said Emmett rami out loud and I though he said "mitt Romney" and from then on... Forget it. We hasn't decided on his middle name until we were discharging and I just cried and Ben decided on it lol. He gave him my maiden name, Murphy, because I had a really hard time giving up my name since I was the only one left.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search