HELPPPP!!!!! Crib Sleeping!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I've been desperately trying to transition Emily into her crib before I start my new job next week and it's going horribly. As soon as her head hits the mattress, she instantly wakes up. At naptime, she doesn't cry but she'll just sit up and start rolling around and play with the sheets, the liner, rails, etc.

So I figured nighttime would be a little better since it would be dark and she wouldn't have the distractions. I've been doing the whole bedtime routine and tonight I spent almost an hour rocking her, waiting for her to drift into deep sleep and she still woke up when I put her in the crib! I've tried all the tips from the No Cry Sleep Solution and they're not working. For the past 30 minutes, I've just been letting her CIO, but checking in on her every 10 minutes or so and reassuring her. She won't lay down, she just sits there sucking her fingers and crying. I feel like I made a huge mistake in co-sleeping this long. Now that she's mobile, she's all over the place and won't settle down on her own. I'm afraid this kid will be sleeping with me until I'm 30! Any advice?

Last edited by ufmelissa824; March 28th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Things that helped us include:
- we established a bedtime routine in my bed including lighting and a music thing
- we moved that to his room
- the sheets on my bed for the week before we tried transferring him were the same colour/texture as his crib sheet
- heated magic bag
- my scarf in there
- the first few nights, I still let him fall asleep cuddled up to me in my bed, and then transferred him about 25 minutes after he fell asleep

I have a worn shirt in there right now still that I rotate out when I notice he gets fidgety after a sleep cycle.

Hope she sleeps in there for you soon!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 29th, 2013, 01:43 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I second the worn shirt.

Now that Adalyn is crawling, I'm having to swaddle her for her naps, or she'll pop right up to crawling/sitting position half the time when I transfer her we were only swaddling at night. But oh well, imkeepmreminding myself that she won't go to college swaddled

Just curious - But why do you want her out of your bed before you to back to work?

March 29th, 2013, 06:02 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Consistency won for us. We tried everything in the beginning and I don't think any of it did a lick of good. We just kept putting her down in there over and over until she finally realized that's just where she had to sleep from now on.

My Ovulation Chart
March 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
My advice: let her sleep with you. She obviously needs and wants you.

I gave in. Pippa is the first baby that desperately wants in my bed...so I let her. Otherwise, I simply could not get up for work.

March 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've tried to get Connor to sleep even for a short while in his crib so I could work downstairs or just get some "me time" in the evening but he just won't take to it. I'm the same as Sherry. I figure he needs me so I let him have me.

Could you try having her sleep with you until you have to get up in the morning and then try and put her in the crib? Or just part of the night? What about side-carring the crib to your bed?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search