Pacies for babies in heaven

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By TKbunny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 09:22 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
So a while back, during DH's side's baby shower for Elias in fact, Jared's (DH) cousin was telling us about how hard it will be for us when we get to the stage of making him give up his paci. She told us her twins refused to give them up no matter what they tried until one day, she came up with a plan.

She told them about all the babies in heaven and how much it would mean to them if, now that they themselves were big kids and had no need for pacies, they would share their pacies with the babies up in heaven who didn't have one. The twins loved the idea of helping the babies in heaven, so their parents let the twins pick out a big helium balloon each and they tied all their pacies to the end of them and released them up into the sky to fly to the babies in heaven. After that, any time the twins whined about wanting a paci, they were reminded that they had shared them with the babies in heaven whom needed them and that always made them smile until they just stopped asking for them any more.

I thought was a cool idea. I had planned on using it myself when the time came, but as it is, Elias hates his paci and refuses it so I think that's one stage we get to pass by. But I thought you ladies might like to hear about it in case some day any of you find yourself needing a way to get rid of the pacies and your LO is having a hard time with it

March 31st, 2013, 07:09 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Nice idea. We call them dodies here, and Daniel totally bought the dodi fairy who takes them to babies in poorer countries who need them.

March 31st, 2013, 07:59 AM
LuvRBx5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking but I know how hard it is to get some children to let their paci go. I had 5 and only 1 of them was a paci addict so we told her that if she puts it under her pillow, the paci fairy will come and take it and leave her something in place of it. She was about 3 at the time and for like 3 nights she would change her mind and say she's not ready, so we would say maybe the next night and keep talking about it to let her build up her 'courage'. One night she said she's ready and had 2 pacis. We were at my parent's house and she wanted to put them under the pillows in the living room.

She was super excited when she woke up and there was a doll in place of each her pacis. She missed the paci a little but we'd remind her how the paci fairy was passing them onto little babies who needed them and how she is such a good big girl.
March 31st, 2013, 08:42 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
That is adorable! I doubt we will have this issue since he only takes one when he's falling asleep but what a great idea.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 31st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That's so sweet! Love these ideas. I'm not sure how much of an issue we'll have, he is only attached to it when his gums are bothering him, he chews on it moreso than sucking. But I will keep these in mind for sure!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search