Open Letter To Ladies Of This PR

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree80Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Dear Mama Owls

I have a million and one things to do today, but before I do them, I wanted to do this.

I feel like a pause for thought would be good around now. I wanted to let you know what I see in this PR from a host's eye view.

When I first got pregnant I knew I wanted to host my DDC. I have always loved hosting and loved JM, but I had a previous bad experience in a DDC where I felt left out and sidelined, possibly because I came to it late. I was completely determined that if I got the host slot my one mission above all others was to ensure every person in the DDC was included, welcomed and there was not going to be a clique. I wanted it to be caring, friendly and trusting and avoid the drama that so many other DDCs get into because of the nature of DDCs being a bubbling pot of hormonal women.

Even before I got the host slot, I KNEW that this would be possible with this group.

We have such a diverse group, but so much wisdom and strength within it. During our pregnancies, everyone rallied together, sharing love and laughs and support and wisdom and strength. We talked about everything - every birthing and parenting decision in such an open and respectful way. Nothing turned into an ugly debate which happens with controversial topics on other DDCs - from abortion to breastfeeding to AP/TP to birth choices to circumcision to drinking while pregnant or breastfeeding. Topics that are like red flags in most forums. But here they were discussed in the spirit of sharing and support, and everybody seemed to go into the third trimester well-informed and empowered to make their own decisions.

We were stung a bit by trolls, again something that happens on many DDCs, but I was amazed at how quickly we came back together as a group and the trust did not die at all within the core group of ladies. We were still welcoming to newbies, once we got to know them, it maybe just took a little bit longer getting to know them first.

We had our share of loss and pregnancy scares, as well, and I just loved how everybody rallied around those affected with love, understanding and support. The way people showed their love for Misty and Graham on here was mindblowing. People who contributed to her commemoration gift, PMd me with their words of support for her, asked about commemorating her angel on the PR. It was completely wonderful.

We waited out those final weeks and days together and there are several people here who absolutely kept me sane when I was losing it with the threat of induction over my head. DDBs did wonderful jobs of updating everyone on each other, so positive vibes were being sent out all across the world to each other supporting each other through that life-changing experience. Que, and I'm sure she won't mind me mentioning her particularly, was an absolute rock and font of knowledge for so many of us at that time, when she didn't have it easy herself. We are bonded forever from this in a way that words can't express. At least, I hope so.

And since the owlets have been born, people have continued to be this strong, wise, supportive, loving, caring group of ladies I got to know and love.

Some of you have no idea how wonderful people have been behind the scenes.

I have had PMs from concerned ladies left, right and centre about ladies who obviously needed a bit of extra support. I had a whole group of concerned ladies PM me about one lady who was struggling with PPD - asking if there was any way we could get hold of contact details etc for family to alert them to say they felt she needed more help and support IRL. Of course, there wasn't anything more we could do than be here on the board, due to confidentiality etc, but it was wonderful to see how much people cared - and respected as well, to not post anything like that out on the board, and keep it in PMs.

When we did the Secret Santa exchange and I'm sure Maddie won't mind me mentioning her here, when she as a young mom felt she couldn't financially participate but really wanted to, I had a lady PM me to say she wanted to send her an extra gift. This is people caring about each other's feelings and about including everyone. This is true, true friendship. And then another lady, later on, wanted to send her a baby carrier to help out.

People genuinely read each other's posts and take in what's been said here. And more than that, they have such compassion and caring they want to help, they want to reach out to that person and DO something about it. Whether it's practical advice, virtual hugs, words of support, or PMing me to ask if they can do more to help, people here care about each other. Make no mistake about that.

There are a whole bunch of earth angels in this PR. People who go out of their way to help one another. People who genuinely care.

And not only that but people who are dead honest to each other's face. I haven't seen a whole bunch of evidence of sniping and backbiting behind backs because people say things out in the open here.

I have also never known a board with such dedicated members that are willing to give up their time to help the hosts out. We have a whole group of organisers here, people who have brought fun, laughter and happiness to this board from the goodness of their heart who get nothing in return, not even their name at the top of the board.

People here know how to be a friend and they know how to be a genuine help.

Right down to this morning, when I was reminded of all this by yet another lady who had noticed one of our mama owls has been feeling down and going through something recently. She doesn't even know exactly what the lady is going through, but she wanted to ask me for her address to reach out to her and send something in support.

You know what? This does not happen on many online groups at all. I have only ever seen it on one other and even there, not to this extent. You are part of something really special here. I wanted to put all these blessings together and post about them so I know that every single person here knows they happened...knows the extent and the level of love, caring and friendship that lives within this group, whether it's always seen or not.

This is aside from friendships that have grown beyond the confines of JM, and people being there for each other day and night when they needed to talk. Have you ever tried reaching out in PMs or on FB to people from the PR when down or upset? I have. If they're online, in my experience, these ladies answer in two seconds flat, even if it's someone you may not have spoken to much on the actual board, and are there for you whether it's convenient for them or not. Not to mention the fact that there have been times when I've been down and upset and someone has noticed it even when I've not openly said anything, and they have PMd me or sent a message on FB to say they care and that I can talk to them if I want to. Pretty sure I'm not the only person this has happened to - I've done it to some others, for a start, and I've had others say "such and such was there for me". When I go on FB and see your comments on each other's posts, it's an extension of what happens here. Full of love and caring and loving sharing one another's joys.

I appreciate every one of you and the contribution you've made here, whatever that may be. Everyone is noticed and cared for. I mean everyone.

Much love to every one of you, you group of wonderful, wise, inspirational ladies, true angels who have enriched my life and the lives of this group. We still have something special here from where I'm standing. I just wanted you all to know what I see from my perspective.

Love and light to you!

Sharron xxx

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; April 2nd, 2013 at 03:54 AM.
April 2nd, 2013, 04:16 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
This was certainly something I needed to read this morning, a beautiful reminder on how fantastic our board is and the friendships that have been made. I love and appreciate each and every lady here. Every single one of you, has brought something special to our board. I couldn't of gotten through the past 12 months without you all, I truly couldn't. I admire and look up to so many of you, and feel like I have made some true life long friendships. *group hugs*

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
April 2nd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Super Mommy
Aww, Sharron, you made me cry. I might be the quietest regular here, but I love each of you very much!

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
April 2nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Sharron, you are the most wonderful host ever. I love you girl! You know how to make someone cry and laugh and forget things we need to. Thank you that. Do you know how special YOU are? Don't forget to look in the mirror when you're handing out compliments, woman

April 2nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Gawww.

There are some pretty special mamas on here that I'm so grateful to have met!
April 2nd, 2013, 06:32 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't have said it better myself. LOVE & HUGS!

Jan 2010 August 2011

April 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Tears here too. I also would not have made it through out the last year with out the support of this board. I know I'm kinda hit or miss with my posts here but I do keep up with everyone on FB.

And to Colleen, if you're reading this. I've always felt you were a great asset to this board and felt a connection to you. I hope you are doing ok and decide to give the board another chance.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
Your words are so true! Amazing ladies!

Another thing I really appreciate about this group is that I don't feel like it is a "race" to see which baby can do what first. We can share milestones (or lack of progress) without feeling like we are bragging. Everyone is excited when prgoess is made. We can talk about mistakes and ask questions without feeling judged!

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this group!

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

April 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
D'awwwwwwwwwwww! Sniff! Love you ladies!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
We do have an awesome group of women here, and I am grateful for all of you!

I still talk to women from by DDC with my son who is 7, and I hope to be able to have those kind of long lasting friendships here as well.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Awww So sweet!

I've been MIA for a bit and finally found time to pop in, and this was one of the first threads I saw!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I think your post was very well written Sharron.

I have to agree with Sharron. I would consider myself a very heavy internet user and I have been a member at many forums and online communities over the years. I will say I have only come across a group like ours on three different occasions (this playroom being one of them). In fact, in the other two I was able to meet up in person with several other members and I know that other members met up with each other. I hope someday some of us can meet in person.

I really appreciate the type of relationships that can develop online, and I often turn to you ladies for advice even though I have friends and family in my life who have young children and babies. People are far more candid in an online community, I think because there is always a shred of anonymity even in the most open communities and it bolsters confidence. I believe straight-forward honesty is the most direct route towards my most preferable type of friendship: one that isn't always smooth but one where the parties know each other deeply and don't mind their differences.

Pinterest
Flickr
April 3rd, 2013, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness!!!
:,) sharron you are such a lovely lady!!!
I have said it before and I will say it again...
I feel so blessed to have found this board and to have been able to forge the friendships and love I have with you ladies! My little boy is the luckiest in the works to have literally aunties all over the world who genuinely care and love him. A big family watching him learn and grow. And I feel blessed in being honored to watch all the little owlets grow!
There are ladies here who have touched my life in ways I couldn't possibly repay!
:,) :,) :,) :,)
I needed support and friends when I first came here, and despite coming in a little later than most, I was welcomed with open arms. This group of women is by far one of the most loving, caring groups i have ever had the pleasure of being a part of!
We have had our ups and downs but like any family we pull each other up by our boot straps and carry on! I respect and admire you ladies so much. Thank to each and everyone of you who have touched my life and blessed it.
And now that I'm bawling my eyes out! Just thank you! Everyone!

Much love, light, and blessings to you all!
Maddie and Tuckr
Carwen*Angel and afwifey09 like this.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This seriously brought tears to my eyes. I don't know what I would do without you ladies! You guys have helped me in so many ways and I have learned so much. Each and every one of you are special!!! xoxoxo
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Jfolk826's Avatar Kayleigh & Kendyle's Mom
Sharon, you are such a great person and a wonderful host. I always feel so welcomed on this board, even when I can not make it to the boards every day...I love this whole group of ladies and always know that I can come here for a place to vent about my bad days, or to come and brag about something new that DJ has learned!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a beautful note, Sharron. I have learned so much, and have gotten great advice from JM over the years.
I do tend to be on FB more lately, but love, love, love keeping up with everyone.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

April 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was beautiful Sharron and a lovely little reminder. Love you ladies. Why haven't teleporters been invented yet so we could all hang out?!?
April 5th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
If you ladies could figure out a place in the US where all of you could get to potentially, and we could set a date for our 10th anniversary as a group or something, maybe we could all save up and me, Emma and Sarah (newmommy) could co-ordinate a visit over so we could have a great big party.

Failing that some mini get-togethers would be cool and we could set up a gallery for pictures!

April 5th, 2013, 07:02 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't get on here much but still crazy love for all of you <3
Carwen*Angel likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
This is beautiful. And I agree... Some boards if you go MIA for a while or post only occasionally like I have a tendency to do, when you come back you feel lost or people don't seem to care. I don't feel that here. Maybe it's because I also keep up with many of you via Facebook, or maybe it's just because we have a cool group of mamas here. Whatever the reason, I'm feeling blessed that whether it is God, Goddess, Nature, or what it may be, that I was finally blessed with my miracle baby for August 2012 so that I could meet you all and be part of this group.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search