Two for Tuesday 4/2/13

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's Tuesday!

Two questions...

Do you find yourself carrying baby around often? Like, in your home....or is baby content sitting/playing without you packing baby around?

How long does baby play in an item such as exersaucer/jumperoo at a time...happily?

April 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Veteran
Do you find yourself carrying baby around often? Like, in your home....or is baby content sitting/playing without you packing baby around? When I'm home in the evening, on my Fridays off, or the wknd, I usually carry Liam around. Even when I'm eating my meals, he'd rather be on my lap. And....being I'm away from him through the week working, I just can't resist that smile and picking him up when he reaches for me

How long does baby play in an item such as exersaucer/jumperoo at a time...happily? depends - 20 minutes or so?! He'll be content only after he's eaten and changed and NOT sleepy lol! I'll put him in the exersaucer to play while I tidy up and do laundry and what not. As soon as he realizes I'm still in the room and NOT holding him, he cries/laughs to get my attention. I usually end up snuggling him and singing to him to get him to fall asleep.
April 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you find yourself carrying baby around often? Like, in your home....or is baby content sitting/playing without you packing baby around?

Honestly, it depends on the day. When his mouth is bothering him, he wants that closeness. But he will be content playing on his own, especially with his piano toy we got.

How long does baby play in an item such as exersaucer/jumperoo at a time...happily?

Declan LOVES music. So if it is on he could careless. For example, last Saturday morning after he was changed and fed, I popped him in his jumperoo. I put on the Mumford and Sons album and I was cleaning. Before I knew it, an hour had passed, the cd was over and Declan was still in his jumper happy as a clam. Usually, he will be ok for about 20 minutes or so. He really loves his jumper.

Ashley
Ashley
April 2nd, 2013, 08:27 PM
aislin22's Avatar Regular
I don't carry Olivia much during the day though I would love to. She really likes to be on the floor playing with her toys or barrel rolling around the house. I can only hold her for a bit before she gets too fussy and squirmy. She's quite independent.

When I am cleaning or taking the dog outside quick I put her in her play yard. She will only be confined happily for about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on what I am doing. I can get her content for an hour with the Backyardigans on TV lol. (like Declan, she LOVES music and singing) she will play with her toys and look up when they start singing a song. Sometimes since I don't have a stereo or a CD player I will pull up youtube and start a baby music playlist

April 2nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you find yourself carrying baby around often? Like, in your home....or is baby content sitting/playing without you packing baby around? Yes. I carry Kyah around a lot!! She loves being held and walking through all of the rooms seeing what is going on and what everyone is doing! If I leave the room unless her Daddy is holding her, playing with her (sometimes not even then), I either have to carry her with me or one of the kids has to carry her following me o.O Lol. She definitely feels as if her and I are one. As if she is not whole unless she is right there with me at all times. I can't even open my laptop in front of her, she goes crazy, lol. Unless she is typing on the keys. Not me! When I nurse her she grabs my free hand and pulls it to her ensuring that I am not holding my phone...after all that would mean I might be on the internet! And Kyah is not having that!

How long does baby play in an item such as exersaucer/jumperoo at a time...happily? Not very long. She will play in them for 20 minutes or so IF I am in her eye view and acknowledge each time she wants my attention She does love her play area. It's a very large round cushion with lots of toys. She is more likely to play there on her own. She will play happily there or on my bed for up to an hour if I am there as well, or for maybe 30 minutes if one of the other kids are playing with her.

April 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
1. Not to much actually he's usually pretty happy with some toys and a tv lol. But today he just wants mommy ALL the time, he's teething

2. Its depends, he can go from about 20mins to over 2 hours! Hes a pretty happy baby lol

April 3rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. It depends on the time of day. During the morning she will play on the floor by herself or with her sister as long as i'm not too far away, but around dinnertime she becomes very clingy and i end up holding her pretty much all evening.

2. Again, depends. She loves her toys now that she can sit and will usually play for about 30 minutes. She was in her exersaucer for 45 minutes today while i did chores.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search