Mommy Fails

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I know we all have them! Share them!

I turned around from making lunch and caught Cam in the process of putting a piece of dog kibble in his mouth.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ach!! yucky!

Connor grabs everything he can reach and one day I was carrying him and I had my (lukewarm) coffee in my other hand. Quick as a blink he grabbed the rim of my cup and tried to bring it to his mouth! Both my kids keep trying to sneak my coffee lately.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Dog food? Teehehehe!
I was changing Finn on his table and just applied the Penatin on his bum and under his scrotum. I went to reach for his diaper and the next thing you know both hands are yanking his bird.
What a mess!

April 3rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I have a vintage wooden high chair (one that I used when I was a baby). It usually just sits around for looks, because it's kind of dangerous. You really cannot leave baby unattended in it. But for some reason I always forget. Either his booster seat is dirty, or I can't find the tray, and I sit him in the old high chair. It never fails. This is the third kid in a row and they fall out of it every single time. They either slide out the bottom, because there is no strap to go between the legs, or they stand up and topple over head first. I did it just today. My husband actually caught him when he fell over head first. I really need to put that thing somewhere else so I will quit trying to use it.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo put his hand in my spaghetti and almost burned it.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Her first time to roll over was to roll over the side of the changing table while I was grabbing more wipes. Yep. I always rolled my eyes when people said not to leave the table unattended with my son, but I did it with her, and paid for it. Thankfully we have carpet and she recovered quickly!
Carwen*Angel likes this.
April 4th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fabulousfem View Post
I went to reach for his diaper and the next thing you know both hands are yanking his bird.
Jack does this EVERY time I change his diaper now. I told DH I can't wait until he outgrows the pecker-pulling phase. DH said no guy ever really outgrows it.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 4th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
April 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cam still hasn't really found his...I think he's grabbed it maybe twice ever? I can believe it about not outgrowing
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Jess
April 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I was sitting at a restaurant with Pippa in my lap, and before I could stop her, she grabbed the paper drink coaster and chewed off a tiny piece of it. She chewed it up and swallowed it!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Let's see... He's face-planted in the bathtub right before my eyes, I've dropped my cell phone on his head, and he slid between the ottoman and chair when he rolled off of it. Fortunately, he was fine each time.

Another big fail - inadvertently letting him destroy my smart phone with his drool.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
April 5th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Super Mommy
My babes both got sunburn yesterday. I really didn't think it was even a possibility in April in Indiana anyway but I'm now looking for what I can do for Abby and throwing aloe on Nathan.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
April 5th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
"liking" the honesty ladies, not the things that have happened.

Daniel did the pet food thing with kitty kibble when he was crawling!!

I think the worst with Michaela has been she ate something off the kitchen floor last week. We spotted her chewing it but couldn't tell what it was, me and my mum both tried to get it out of her mouth but she swallowed it. Whatever it was it didn't make her sick or anything. Probably just some bit of crumb or something, and would only have been from that day as we keep it clean, but you know, still felt awful for hours.

Lots of near misses with coffee myself, she's fascinated by what we eat and drink!

April 5th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Appreciate the honesty as well things happen

Jess
April 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Mine's the absolute worse!! Sad to say. As I was trying to get a stuck poptart out of the toaster with a metal fork, (haha totally kidding about the fork) LOL I was turning it upside down to shake it loose.
AJ was sooo quick and reached out and grabbed it and burned his little fingers. I know I should not have had him on my hip as I tried to do that, but he was soo fussy. Thankfully it healed up nicely. But I just felt horrible!!!!
April 5th, 2013, 05:27 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I think Ava eats enough paper for it to be a food group for her. She loves playing with paper and sometimes you do what you gotta do.

Other than that, Ava also face planted in the tub. Then the other day, I was taking a picture of her in her little baby patio chair we got her and she face planted into the grass trying to touch the new toy she was sitting on.
Mom2JDub and Cylence like this.
April 5th, 2013, 06:56 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fail for the day J was quietly giggling in his crib and I couldn't figure out what was so funny till I go over and see him playing with his venting tube!!! Luckily not connected but little stinker thought it was the funniest little secret!!
Mom2JDub and Jessimaaka like this.

Thanks*Sharon*for our beautiful siggy!

, , ,,,
April 5th, 2013, 07:03 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Oh I have a list. I like to call it "second child syndrome", I don't stress about the little things as much as I did with Em. I have far worse things to stress about.

That said, she is - Fallen backwards in the tub about 3 times with me right there, she has ate an unknown amount of beach sand, she face planted last night and she is my little vacuum under the table while her sister is eating - Going after all the crumbs. Oh, and on the way home from the Zoo yesterday, Emmersyn was eating a pb&j sandwich and informs me that she gave some to her sister. Nothing I could do about it, since I was driving. Adalyn ate it right up and enjoyed it (and was fine all night, no allergies in our family).
Mom2JDub and rainbowfish like this.

April 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Hmmm Clyde (our dog) teabagged her, I've caught her by her legs as she was leaping off the couch... I remember her face planting once and it being my fault... She eats paper constantly. I'm with Cassie on it being a food group. lol
Mom2JDub and rainbowfish like this.
April 6th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh dear i too have a list!!!

Just this morning i left Tuckr with his dad on the bed while i got ready for work and dad wasnt quite awake and he face planted but barely cried since now our bed isnt very high at all.
I was giving him a bath in the sink and in my blondeness turned the cold water off first and burned him.
he has bruises all over his forehead (seriously it looks like i beat my kid) because he is starting to try to walk and falls into things with his face/head constantly!
I was putting him in his high chair and i accidentally pinched his fingers with the tray.
When he was a little younger i was cutting his nails and he moved and i cut his finger. he bled a lot and i cried. but he was fine after a bit and it healed up just fine.

we have had a lot of oopsies, i know being a newmom is a lot of fun with that kind of stuff. i really appreciate the honesty of you ladies! it makes me feel good to know im not alone with a bruised and battered child lol.

but like my mama always says, *waves hand* eh they bounce! kisses fix everything and at the end of the day pat yourself on the back if they are still breathing and your house is still standing.

April 6th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Ohh, now we're getting into lists....I have a few more I'll admit to!

- Cords - loves to chew them, will make a bee line for them and I've not realized a few times
- Chews on the dogs toys constantly. I move them onto Bama's chair, Bama takes them and drops them near Cam since he throws things, but then he puts it in his mouth...
- Paper. Any kind. Into the mouth. Yesterday, we have a little wooden car, and it had a paper tag that I hadn't taken off, he started eating it, so I took it off and put it by the door to the room, and a few minutes later went to the bathroom, and he got it and ate the rest.
- Slippers and shoes. Into the mouth. Even ones that have been outside.

My poor child lol.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search