A little update from us

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By aubers68
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By mama4life

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a while since I've posted about our sleep issues. I've had no luck really so we have started co sleeping. Summer starts in her crib and ends up in bed with us. She was sleeping in her crib for about 2 hours a night but it seems to be getting less and less each night
The past few nights she has woken up in the middle of the night while sleeping with me screaming as though she's in pain and throwing her head back and arching her back. I'm still blaming her teeth as the top two just came through. I really hope it's not GERD because I heard that can be a reaction to babies with it. If she keeps it up I'm definitely planning on talking to the Ped about it.
Other then her sleeping issues things are going relatively well. We are still nursing and she has been getting one bottle of formula at night time. I started to plan to wean, if that makes sense LOL but decided I'm just not ready, so while I slowly started to throw in more bottles and then decided not to, I just kept the bottle at night time and started nursing elusively during the day. She also gets breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner every day. She LOVES her food!! Ohhh and I really wish all her teeth would just come in so she wouldn't have her super duper cranky moments but I have a feeling those will never go away as she's a little pistol and has a temper LOL

A little update on me....
I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with some type of depression. I guess that reading I had done a few weeks back was right. I don't really like to admit it but something is definitely going on. Someone suggested I talk to my DR about having manic depression. I don't know a ton about it but I think it could be. I've definitely been having my highs and lows. I really don't want to be medicated so I've been doing all I can to stay positive and keep my head straight on my own the best I can.
Also, last week or so, maybe a little longer, I found a lump in my armpit. I wasn't extremely worried about it so I sort of blew it off. Well DH made me go get it checked out. What a nervous feeling waiting for my appointment... that turned out to be a waste of time. The morning of my appointment I could no longer feel it but decided to go anyhow just to be safe. Well the dr couldn't feel it either so I basically went for no reason. I was sort of embarrassed but I got to talk to her about my weight so it wasn't a total loss. I've been trying really hard to drop some pounds but as I've mentioned before it's just not happening. So once I stop nursing she told me to come back to her and we will talk more and work something out if I can't do it on my own before then. Well, thats about it. Not too much exciting but an update none the less Hope everyone else is doing well. I hope to be around more often the next couple days so hopefully I can catch up since I haven't been on much.
Carwen*Angel and Mom2JDub like this.

April 3rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Aww poor Summer and you!! I hope the sleeping issues get better. I have no advice but

Definitely go see your doctor about the depression. Sooner you do, the sooner you could start getting things in line and feeling better. You poor thing, I'm glad nursing is still going well and everything. Thanks for the update.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
April 3rd, 2013, 06:14 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I know the sleeping will eventually improve (I keep telling myself this!). Hopefully those teeth were the culprit and she'll get back to normal. I'm just a message away pretty much any time of the night if you need to chat

I'm glad you got to talk to the doctor and that there's a plan in place. Perhaps you're one of the women that don't lose the weight till after finishing BF (I can't remember offhand who else for sure...I think Que? and maybe a couple others have mentioned this).

I'm sure we'll chat soon...I'll keep you updated on Cam haha...and just imagine, he hasn't started teething yet! I'll need your help when we get to that point!
aubers68 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Super Mommy
*hugs, sweetie*

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
April 4th, 2013, 06:12 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Sad to hear you are still having problems I'm sure your lack of sleep isn't helping things either.

Have you read Bringing Up Bebe? I've just been reading it and there's an interesting section about sleep in there you might want to check out if you haven't. I think she suggests that although many babies don't sleep well, it doesn't mean what Summer is going through is normal. Maybe you could take her to a sleep doctor and see if they have anything they can tell you?

Pinterest
Flickr
April 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
((hugs))
April 4th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you can pinpoint what's up so you can find something to help.

Also, I wanted to mention, I have a lump under my armpit. The first time I noticed it was in my first pregnancy around 18 weeks along. It is breast tissue. Funny thing is that anyone, men included, can have breast tissue all up in the armpits and all the way down below the belly button, just like a cat or dog . I was terrified until my ob confirmed what it was. That might not be what you have, but it's possible you could have had a little clog causing it to be more noticeable for a short time. Mine is only noticeable right when my milk comes in after a baby is born or when I get engorged with bad clogs. Watch it closely....hopefully it's something like that.
Mountain~Mama likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully Summer will start sleeping more soon and that will fix the other problems going on! I know when I have a few hard night with Micah I tend to lose my temper a little more readily. Micah has woken up at least 2 times since he was born every night... usually more but never less. I know how frustrating and difficult it can be at times.

I hope everything works it's way out soon! I know having a little bit of me time has help tremendously and I love taking classes at my gym which also has a great little daycare. Maybe that is something you could look into so you could have some time to yourself, take a fun class and work on a few things you wanted to all at once I have recently discovered pilates and I LOVE it!! Yoga is also great. With workingout you get those great endorphins too

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Hugs Mama!!
April 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Hugs Aubrey!

Sleep issues suck. I hope you find something that works for you guys.

I also have and lumps in my arm pits and it is breast tissue, they've kind of come and gone though out my nursing years

I'm glad you are going to see a Dr about your depression. Also make sure to take some good vitamins, especially B which helps with moods. Hope you are feeling better soon. Being depressed sucks.
April 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I know it doesn't help, but know that you're not alone with a sleepless baby. Jackson doesn't wake up crying like you mention, but he sure likes to wake up frequently during the night. He has never STTN, only slept 5 hours about four times. I'm, sadly, used to it by now, but I'm certainly sleep-deprived and not nearly as sharp as I once was. I'm looking forward to just consistently getting five or six hours of sleep each night.

Summer sure always looks like a happy little thing, and she's such a cutie.

Sorry you're struggling with some thoughts of depression and weight. I can't offer much advice in that arena, but I just want you to know I'm thinking of you. I hope you'll see a doctor soon and start to feel better.

April 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope Summer's sleeping patterns improve for you soon, lack of sleep can make depression worse so I'm sure that's not helping you.

Talk to your Dr. about your feelings, but if you don't want to go the medication route right now (and if your symptoms aren't too severe) you could try some alternative medicines to help with those feelings. Acupuncture or acupressure might help, and biofeedback can help with stress. Diet too plays a big role it seems. there's a book called "Potatoes, not Prozac" that my sister told me about. I never read it but I have a nutrition book that has some ideas for depression. Vitamin B (6 I think) can help a lot but I wouldn't take supplements without your doc's advice if you're BFing.

I hope things turn around for you!
April 5th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
honey, I hope things get easier soon.

Always best to check out lumps and I'm positive your dr feels the same!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search