Feeding Baby!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am sure at this point most of us are feeding baby solids! A few questions....

1. How often do you feed baby solids?

2. How much does baby eat each time?

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers?

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones?

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food?

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what?

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk?

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby?

April 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you feed baby solids? 2X PER DAY

2. How much does baby eat each time? A FEW OUNCES

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? COMBINATION OF BOTH.

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? NO, SHE LIKES EVERYTHING SHE'S HAD SO FAR!

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? SOMETIMES SHE HAS WHAT WE ARE EATING.

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? TOAST, FRENCH FRIES, RICE CAKES, GRAHAM CRACKERS

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? NO, JUST BREAST MILK

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? NOT REALLY, SHE EATS LUNCH AND DINNER WHEN WE EAT, AND SOMETIMES A SNACK IN BETWEEN. I HAVEN'T INTRODUCED BREAKFAST YET BECAUSE MY MORNINGS ARE ALREADY SO HECTIC I HAVEN'T HAD TIME.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Super Mommy
1. How often do you feed baby solids? once a day right now but I want to increase it to two times as soon as I can figure a good time that fits into our schedule.

2. How much does baby eat each time? 2.5oz, it's one container

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? buying

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? So far she doesn't like green beans or peas lol. I've tried giving her a spoonful between spoonfuls of something she likes like sweet potatoes but she yells at me every bite and gags lol.

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? we have put some fruit into the mesh holder but only a couple times so far

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Not yet... she seems like she might be ready for puffs or something that dissolves easily soon.

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? nope, just breast milk

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? I feed her every night around dinner time (usually before or after I eat) and I'm trying to fit in a scheduled time around breakfast or lunch.

April 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How often do you feed baby solids? 3 times a day

2. How much does baby eat each time? 3-4 cubes - I guess about 2 or 3 ounces

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? homemade and now starting finger foods

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? nope loves everthing he has tried

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? starting some finger foods, tonight he had some soft noodles

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? yes gerber puffs, ziti noodles, ham, going to start some soft fruits this week.

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? no, just breastmilk

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? breakfast foe baby once I get back from the bus stop, lunch is when I feed my other kids, dinner when we eat.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Last edited by 3Sapphires; April 5th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
April 5th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I am sure at this point most of us are feeding baby solids! A few questions....

1. How often do you feed baby solids? Three times a day. Twice a fruit and veggie and once oatmeal cereal

2. How much does baby eat each time? Half a container of food and about an ounce of oatmeal

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? Buying containers but i wanna start making my own too

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? Not too picky. So far he just is not fond of peas

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? A small taste of what i eat sometimes but practically nothing

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Not yet. Is it ok at this point?

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? Just formula. Every now and then a sip of water

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? He eats a veggie and fruit with his lunch and dinner bottles at about 12:15 pm and 4:30 pm and oatmeal cereal with his last bottle before bed at 10pm

April 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
aislin22's Avatar Regular
1. How often do you feed baby solids? Once or twice a day. Usually she will get something new at breakfast so I have plenty of time to make sure she doesn't have a reaction to it. We may be dealing with some food allergies or intollerance here.

2. How much does baby eat each time? half a container washed down with some breast milk.

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? buying. ain't nobody got time for that extra cooking in this house. lol

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? It took a few tries, but she tolerates apples. Absolutely hates peaches.

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? I have let her suck on an Edy's Outshine Coconut water and Banana popsicle and she LOVED LOVED LOVED it! I didn't give her too much, it has added sugar in it but it's all frozen fruit puree. I think coconut is her favorite flavor yet.

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Not yet... I don't think I will until she can sit unassisted. I don't know if sh is ready yet. Also she may have FPIES so I am wary of wheat and corn

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? I gave her a few sips of apple juice in her sippy cup but she really does not like it.

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? Yes I will give her solids for breakfast and lunch.

April 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
aislin22's Avatar Regular
1. How often do you feed baby solids? Once or twice a day. Usually she will get something new at breakfast so I have plenty of time to make sure she doesn't have a reaction to it. We may be dealing with some food allergies or intollerance here.

2. How much does baby eat each time? half a container washed down with some breast milk.

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? buying. ain't nobody got time for that extra cooking in this house. lol

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? It took a few tries, but she tolerates apples. Absolutely hates peaches.

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? I have let her suck on an Edy's Outshine Coconut water and Banana popsicle and she LOVED LOVED LOVED it! I didn't give her too much, it has added sugar in it but it's all frozen fruit puree. I think coconut is her favorite flavor yet.

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Not yet... I don't think I will until she can sit unassisted. I don't know if sh is ready yet. Also she may have FPIES so I am wary of wheat and corn

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? I gave her a few sips of apple juice in her sippy cup but she really does not like it.

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? Yes I will give her solids for breakfast and lunch.

April 7th, 2013, 06:56 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how often do you feed baby solids? we recently uped him to 3 times a day

how much does baby eat each time? 1 baby bullet jar (2 oz) for each meal

are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? I make my own, I have the baby bullet

is your baby picky and only eats certin foods? Which ones? he likes everything I've givin him so far expept squash, he hates it!

do you feed baby anything other then baby food? well his purees and the puffs and these infant teether cookies I got him. Ill give him a taste of our food s lot to. I did give him s piece of bread at olive garden and he loved it. It wasn't a bread stick just a small piece that comes with the cheese fondue

have you givin baby any finger foods? If so, what? just the puffs

does your baby drink anything other then formula/breast milk? he's had some water in his sippy cup but has only got maybe a sip or 2 and I've also givin him juice in his sippy cip to

do you have a solids schedule for baby? yes, he gets 'breakfast' between 10-12 then 'lunch' around 4 snd 'dinner' about 8

April 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how often do you feed baby solids? 2-3 times a day.

how much does baby eat each time? 4 ounces.

are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? I make avacado, but he is not fond of it. The others I buy (WIC)

is your baby picky and only eats certin foods? Which ones? He is not very picky but doesn't like to eat a lot of avacado. I think it must have a strong flavor.

do you feed baby anything other then baby food? He had mashed scalloped potatoes and ham at Easter, I don't mind mashing food and giving it to him. But he usually only eats his purees and formula.

have you givin baby any finger foods? If so, what? I have tried but anything hard/not pureed makes him gag until he throws up. every time.

does your baby drink anything other then formula/breast milk? If he is constipated we will do a little watery juice. He has used a sippy cup with water, but no milk or juice regualrly. Not even water regularly.

do you have a solids schedule for baby? Usually breakfast is around 11, then lunch at 2, then dinner at 6. It varies though.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

April 7th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. How often do you feed baby solids? I have been offering occasionally but he has noo interest

2. How much does baby eat each time? Almost none

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? Making it

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? Almost nothing

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? Pickles (he likes them )

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Pickles bananas to try he mostly just plays with it

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? Just breast milk

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? Hahahaha!!!

Any one else's baby like mine?? Only wants boobies?? Not a huge deal he is still doing great and growing like a weed just curious if I'm the only one he is 7.5 months.

April 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
1. How often do you feed baby solids? Once a day

2. How much does baby eat each time? next to nothing

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? making my own. She has only had 1 jar of sweet potatoes that was store bought.

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? picky picky picky she hates basically everything unless she is feeding herself. She seems to only like the baby mum mums and even those are hit and miss :/

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? We are doing baby led weaning since she hates purees and prefers to self feed.

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? mum mums, peas, rice, green beans, banana, puffs. All she eats is finger foods now.

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? breastmilk mainly but we have been offering her a sippy of water

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? no not really
April 9th, 2013, 11:29 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How often do you feed baby solids? 3x a day

2. How much does baby eat each time? It really varies. At most 4 oz.

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers? We are making our own.

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? He loves everything we put in front of him.

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? No.

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Puffs.

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? We have been practicing 1 part juice to 2 parts water in a sippy cup every now and again.

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? 730-8am, 1230-1pm, and 6-630pm.

Ashley
Ashley
April 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How often do you feed baby solids? twice a day

2. How much does baby eat each time? 3-4 oz but sometimes less, never more

3. Are you making your own or buying the jars/containers?
I am still buying the containers/jars

4. Is you baby picky and only eats certain foods? Which ones? yes! she eats almost all fruits, no veggies, lol. She LOVES vanilla custard and mixed cereal w/apples and bananas.

5. Do you feed your baby anything other than baby food? Yes, I let her try foods I am eating often. Just a tiny couple of bites, but she loves it She loves yogurt, when I am eating that she wants all I will let her have

6. Have you given your baby any finger foods? Is so, what? Once I gave her one of those Gerber puffs, and I thought she was going to choke, she was gagging. I haven't since then. I have been too scared to try any other finger foods yet!

7. Does your baby drink anything other than formula/breast milk? She is more interested in chewing the top of her sippy cups. She gets a tiny drink or two here and there. Apple juice, pear juice, water.

8. Do you have a solids schedule for baby? Once before noon, and once in the evening....not really a schedule, just an estimate!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search