What sounds is your owlet making now?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Connor doesn't babble much (as in mama dada baba) but he combines tons of consonants and vowels and has for quite a while. He CAN say mama dada etc., and does, but not often. And he doesn't always repeat them, so he'll say lots of goo, gee, gaa, maa, da, na and a bunch of others but he doesn't always combine them.

I'm happy he is making all the sounds he's making but I'd love to hear those textbook babbling sounds as well!

He is working on physical stuff a lot and I know that plays a part, but I just hope he's on target speech wise.
April 5th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa is not exactly ahead of the curve as far as physical milestones, but she can talk. She can say mama, dada, I love you, yeah, and a few other things.

Her favorite noise this week: Ever heard an eagle scream? She does that-loudly. Her favorite time is when I am not holding her because, God forbid, I need to pee, or when we are in the car.

April 5th, 2013, 11:15 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Alot of G sounds, dadadadada, yeah yeah, what sounds like "Hey" or "Hi". He strings different sounds together with inflection so it sounds like a real sentence. But that doesn't happen super often.

April 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
squeals, "gooooooooooooo", a gargling sort of noise, "ahhhhhhhh", "mamamamama", "bababababa" and "yeah" (I swear I think she means yes when she says it but who knows).

April 5th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
Alot of G sounds, dadadadada, yeah yeah, what sounds like "Hey" or "Hi". He strings different sounds together with inflection so it sounds like a real sentence. But that doesn't happen super often.
This. Most likely when he has a cheerio in his mouth lol. He's also recently started shoving his whole fist in his mouth and trying to make sounds around it lol. But for the most part he's pretty quiet. Like right now, he's hanging out in his Jolly Jumper, bouncing away like a mad man, but is totally silent. This is par for the course here.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Sarah doesn't make a lot of different sounds yet but she does make a breathy huh sound and of course she squawks and shrieks and likes to babble with her toys in her mouth.
April 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
mumumum dadada gooo snorts, trills with his tongue, "silent trills" (sounds like a cat purring) bababa squeals clicking his tongue

We THINK that mumum might be him requesting me or when he's hungry because when he gets upset that's what he does, I pick him up and he starts smiling and giggling and stops. But other than that no real pointed sounds/words. And even then it could just be coincidence.

Rob thinks that he'll start with real words soon. I'm not sure.

Oh! just wanted to add. And growling! LOL he growls a lot. And all of his sounds he does with different pitches and intonations.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by gumonyershoe; April 7th, 2013 at 12:15 PM.
April 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i think it would be a better question to ask what sounds ISN'T he making lol!
he does all the mama dada baba yaya noises but he literally does it all. he hisses he screams he goos he gahs. i talk to him a lot tho lol especially when he is talking away like that. so we have some lovely conversations, he is very into mimicking sounds right now. hes my little mocking bird

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search