Baby Wearing/Carriers/Carseats

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Reasons2Smile
  • 1 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Brandiwine3's Avatar Veteran
Good morning, ladies!

Now that our babes are getting a bit bigger, I wondered what method you will be using to tote them around. Some ladies (and guys) use strollers, others use wraps... What's your preference/experience (which brands/kinds work best)?. We bought a moby and although I do enjoy baby being close, it does put a little bit of a strain on my back.

Also, now that Liam has just about outgrown his infant carrier (went w/ the stroller), I think we'll upgrade. Seems kinda early but, IDK. I don't recall having to switch the girls over that soon. Thoughts?

I can't believe how fast the time has passed. Before we know it, we'll be planning first birthday parties - YIKES!
April 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I baby wear Evelyn 98% of the time and we have only used the strollers maybe 20 times max since she was born. I have a woven wrap made by girasol (looking into purchasing a 2nd one actually not sure on brand I am on a hunt lol) and I also have a mei tai. I prefer the wrap over my mei tai when I get down to really thinking about it. I wear Evelyn for walks, walking the dog, grocery shopping, cooking.

Evelyn still has room in her infant carrier car seat. She is shorter than her brother's were at this age and weighs a bit less too. Both her brother were switch to a rear facing convertible seat around 6-8 months
Brandiwine3 likes this.
April 11th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mostly I Baby wear the moby started to sag at 15lbs so I got a Tula but I am also getting a woven wrap much more support. I have used the stroller about 6 times it is sooo much of a hassle. I baby wear pretty much everywhere shopping doing housework taking walks... I had to change Aden into a convertible car seat about two months ago. I got the diono radion rxt because I believe in the benefits of extended rear facing and it has very high rear facing limits and also goes to 120 lb booster.
Brandiwine3 likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, I've been packing Kyah around on my hip! We have 2 strollers, but I've only used them a couple of times. I want a good carrier. Many of the ladies from our playroom have said excellent things about this one:

Purchase the Infantino Baby Carrier, Sash Mei Tai for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

I am convinced I need to order it! I plan to order it on Friday

April 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Brandiwine3's Avatar Veteran
Super cute...I do like it! What about the Ergo? It's quite expensive but, worth it??? I wonder.
April 11th, 2013, 12:55 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I recently got an infantino mei tei - or whatever, I really like it, and will be using that and the stroller to cart Linc around until he starts walking, once my older boys because proficient at walking they hated being carried or strolled, so I'm sure it will be similar with Linc.

as for a car seat, I am really leaning toward a Diono Radian - it is the narrowest convertible seat, and he should be able to rear face till well after his second birthday, then it should fit him forward face for a really long time before we use it as a booster.

I just wish it didn't have such a steep price tag.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, i have the mei tei and i like it. I posted a picture of it on facebook if you want to see. I wear micah sometimes, but she also likes her stroller so i alternate between the two. We are going to London on Sunday and i will be wearing her for about 7 hours, so i am interested to see how my back will feel!

My infant carseat is good to 30lbs and she still fits it fine lengthwise.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 11th, 2013, 07:01 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a carrier/wrap and have been wanting one since I was pregnant.
We have a double stroller. That's a LIFE SAVER when going out alone with two 11 months apart!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
April 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wear Owen and use the stroller, it just kind if depends on his mood I have an ergo and think it's worth the money if you can afford one. It's just so much more comfortable on my back when they get heavier. I write older DS on my back when he was well over 25 pounds and it didn't hurt my back at all.
I also use the stroller though too because sometimes Own likes to people watch. He also really likes to sit next to his brother.

I bought Owen a convertable seat but haven't installed it yet. Probably in the next few weeks. I got thus one that I also have for DS#1. It rear faces to 40 pounds and can harness to 100. It also converts to a booster.
We got it on special from Costco for $149. They frequently have that special so keep watching it if you're interested.

http://m.costco.com/Evenflo%C2%AE-Sy...100022169.html

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 12th, 2013, 12:40 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I to recently got the mei tei one and I like it a lot! I've only used it a few times so far hut plan to more. Other then that I have my stroller which I use a lot. Its the one from his travel system and I love it expecially when he falls asleep in his carseat I can just stick it on there lol

April 12th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Depends where we are going. If its fairly stroller friendly we use that but he still is in his infant seat clipped in it most the time. Sometimes I wear him. I jist got the mei tai as well and love it. We also got the snugride 65 convertible seat but have not used it yet

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

April 12th, 2013, 06:00 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so jealous of all you baby wearers! I hope Remy likes it a little more than he's shown the past few weeks.

We have him in his infant seat still and we have a Snap n Go stroller that is a shell for the seat to fit into. It's very lightweight and small, although along with it we bought him a First Years Jet Stroller and I just don't think it's comfortable enough for long days in it. We found that out the hard way in Florida. I saw so many comfy strollers while we were there and I felt like he was so awkward in it the whole time. I might need to invest in something better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search