store it or purge it?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in the midst of putting away all the baby clothes, and finding space in the garage for all the baby items not being used anymore. And it had me wondering.

Do you keep yours for future babies? or buy new?

I have kept nearly everything. I did toss the old jumperoo an swing when we moved, I only replaced the jumperoo and with a yardsale find. I held on to cribs and toddler beds, most baby gear, the clothes that are in decent shape.

I only ever had one baby shower, and it was made very apparent I wouldn't have another for other babies, so I found it hard to part with anything, being broke has a tendency to make you a packrat! LOL

our stroller is looking rough around the edges, but it is 7 years old. And I can't believe we have gotten so much use out of a high chair.

what about you?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 11th, 2013, 01:15 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be saving some and getting rid of some. SIL is having a girl in august, so some clothes are going there. I'm selling some too. I had more than enough baby clothes for ayla. I could get rid of half and still have enough for another girl. Same with toys. There's not enough space to save everything, but I will save "enough."
The highchair just straight up needs to be thrown out now. It was 2nd hand to begin with. The cover molded and was thrown away. Ayla hasn't even used it yet. I put Jace in the hair chair and Ayla in the bumbo to eat. Now Ayla's legs are chubbing up so much I can hardly get them in. Thinking about getting her a cheap new folding highchair and Jace use a booster with a tray.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Last edited by OatmealKisses; April 11th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
April 11th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to buy everything this time. Since there is a 10 year gap between Kyah and our next youngest, I didn't have anything leftover! I bought some things new and some things used. I know DH and I plan to have another baby at some point. I haven't gotten rid of anything for that reason. I will probably hold onto everything for now. I am 34 yrs young now, so I don't exactly have another 10 years to wait to have another one. Chances are it will be sooner than later. However, if I end up pregnant with a boy, I will have to get all different things anyway! Except the swing and the high chair which are both gender neutral.

April 11th, 2013, 04:41 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my other kids i held onto the clothes, unless they were really stained obviously, all the toys, crib etc. Micah is going to be our last so i am already getting rid of her clothes as she outgrows them. I have kept some special outfits from each child with the intention of patchworking them into a quilt some day. I am a daycare provider, so i will be keeping the toys, highchair, swing etc to use for the babies i look after . I sold my bassinet last week as i have no further use for it.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

April 11th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
We purged when we thought another baby wasn't going to happen. I still had a suitcase of old clothes left that wasn't in the way, only reason it missed the purge. I am however giving stuff away as Mika doesn't need it. We are done so I am not bothered with hanging on to things.

April 12th, 2013, 12:51 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm saving pretty much everything since Matthew is our first and we plan on haveing a few more. I will replace bottles and burp cloths probably and some clothes, if we have a girl though then all the clothes and bedding and what not will be bought new for her. But we plan on reusing it mostly for the future kiddos

April 12th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a ton of hand me down clothes and new and multiple swings, bouncy seats, etc. We plan to have another fairly soon so are keeping most things. I have donated all of my least favorite clothes we had as well as some unused items and second swing/bouncers/etc to an agency here as well as a family whose house burned down. His stroller/carseat/PNP/bouncer/swing/etc we are keeping and about a bin full of every size clothing

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

April 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We saved everything from Connor. Even the stuff we bought used. So, I really didn't need to buy much this time around. I'll save everything again in case we decide on a third. I purposely bought gender neutral stuff so we could use our for whatever gender we end up with.

I saved all the clothes from Connor too, but people have given me stuff for Owen now too. I'll probably go through all the clothes and get Rudd of the ones that aren't in as great of shape for now.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to save everything. If and when we have another baby, I'm totally okay with it being another boy! I was a garage sale fiend when I was pregnant, so I wouldn't doubt I would buy a bunch of stuff for a new baby anyway. But man someday my own baby garage sale is going to rake in the big bucks, I only ever bought baby GAP, Children's Place, and Old Navy clothes from sales for like a dollar each!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search