Early walkers?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By mzshell13
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By TuckrLeesMommy
  • 1 Post By ufmelissa824
  • 1 Post By TKbunny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mom to Madeline
Who here thinks they have an early walker?

Madeline started walking with her push toys and can now stand unsupported and without hanging onto objects for about 10 seconds now. She's attempting to walk on her own, too...but she doesn't have her balance down just yet.

I know how fast sitting came after she could sit unsupported for about 10 seconds...now I'm scared..lol. Scared and excited, I guess. It makes it tough bc I have to stay behind her whether she's cruising, trying to walk with a push toy, etc. Because she just let's go and tries to take off!

Anyone else?

BDTD mommas...how long should I expect her to be walking? My guess would be 4-6 weeks? That is...if it takes her that long to figure out her balance.
April 22nd, 2013, 07:02 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Might still be a while yet, it's so hard for me to remember. I definitely remember my kids walking with push toys around 10 months and Doc was walking on his own by 11 months and Harper right before her first birthday. So I'd say it could be another month or two but if she's determined then maybe even less than that. Either way, you're screwed...in a good way.
Pinkhighheels27 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
My son was cruising at 7 months, taking a step or to at 8 months, and running around by 8.5 months. It was scary and exciting because I thought I had months and had not baby proofed hardly anything yet. It depends on how daring she is. LJ was (and still is) a daredevil who was always eager to get into stuff

Mel is a cautious about everything and just started crawling last week (though she's been "about" to for a month now). I anticipate her cruising and using push toys for a long time before she starts to walk on her own

April 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mom to Madeline
Wow! Running at 8.5mo..that's nuts!

She's definitely a determined daredevil! Eek.
April 22nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
It varies from child to child.
That's very exciting.

April 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I was hoping for a 14 month walker like I was, but it doesn't seem to be in my cards.

He's starting to try climbing the stairs the past few days, lets go and stands about 3 seconds unsupported, lets go of one toy to hold onto another, constantly walks around holding our fingers. We were also with a 13.5 month old yesterday who isn't walking yet, and there wasn't much difference in their stability I think I may end up with a toothless walker! Although I really wouldn't mind if he waited a bit longer, I'm still getting used to the crawling.
Mom2JDub and Pinkhighheels27 like this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 22nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
With what you're describing, I predict M will be walking by 10 months. . Paxton is nowhere near ready. Both of my other two were much more sturdy on their feet at this age. Doc was cruising furniture around 9 months. Paxton is trying to pull up on things but only gets as far as his knees. I think he's scared.

April 22nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think i have one too. tuckr cruises behind stuff, (i.e. he has a wagon for mega blocks that is is push toy of choice) and he stands on his own for up to 20-30 seconds now unaided and he tries to take steps. i walked really early and so did taylr so is that something that is a factor? we both were really early with everything. im excited and nervous too!!!

April 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kind of think Emily will be walking by 11 months, just based on her determination. She can crawl like a champ but she gets bored after a few minutes and tries to stand up. She can stand on her own for a few seconds but is still working on her balance. Once she gets that under control, maybe she'll start taking some steps.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:39 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Elias seems to try standing every few feet while he's crawling. He pulls up to stand and even started trying to cruse just today. He has taken 1-2 steps alone when he's let go of the couch a few times. Not sure when he'll really be walking but I was walking by 8.5 months and DH walked just before his first birthday so who knows?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search