i just want to quit...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my job is really starting to drain me. i am seriously tempted to start looking for another job! ugh! this sucks!!!!!!!
my boss is a sexist masoginist (sp) and all the other employees are men and they are all annoying as heck. i am inferior because i am a woman. part of me wants to stay just to prove them wrong, but at the same time i am sick of everyday being a battle just to keep my head above water in this company. its annoying.

i guess i have been "missing" my weekly employee review. which i dont know how i could be because if im scheduled from such-and-such time to such-and-such time i am there for those times. if my boss doesnt do it than how am i responsible for it? i cant do my own review and if my boss isnt here or doesnt want to. and if i dont do it tomorrow i will be fired.
one of the other employees just told me this. he said my boss said that if i miss my review tomorrow i wont be on the schedule anymore.
i was like ***?!
so i asked him what was going on and i guess my boss doesnt like me to much and has been circulating rumors since january that i am getting fired. i am SHOCKED.

I asked why and he says its because i change the schedule all the time, which IS NOT true!!!
i have 2 jobs and i have written down my schedule for my other job AND IT NEVER CHANGES i have been very specific that i can not work between these times and he has said its not a problem. i have been working my second job since last october and my schedule has NEVER changed. but somehow i manage to STILL be scheduled for a shift during my shift at me other job now and then and i have to bring it to his attention AGAIN that i have another job and i cant work at that time even tho he knows FULL WELL that i work then and so does EVERYONE else! and yet i am the one who is taking the hit because my boss is incompetant? screw that!

i should also mention that my boss is almost 70 years old and needed to retire about 5 years ago but refuses too and the company cant make him because hes been working for the company for over 30 years.

i am so ticked off i cant even stand it!

i think i need to start looking for another job as much as i love my actual job all the BS aside.
Ugh this is just more crap i dont need.

i really wish i could work my other job and then work from home...
any ideas?!

April 23rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Ugh, I have no advice on your awful boss or that you don't like your job but I know full well the pain in the *** of two conflicting schedules! Before I had Oz I worked two jobs for several years (the same two jobs) and my one job had a straightforward never changing schedule and the other one had a schedule every 2 weeks. Well it didn't seem to matter how many times I reminded the managers I often got scheduled when I needed to be at my other job.

So we had this request off book and I would write down, every week for the WHOLE year, my schedule at my other job. That way when the manager was checking to see who had time request off he'd be reminded that I had another job. PIA.

Some of the girls in the same situation would put sticky notes on the computer monitor. I mean I guess when you have like 10 employees with second jobs you can't keep it all straight but hell.

So.. ya no advice but I feel your pain.

Pinterest
Flickr
April 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Nerd
*lurking* from another board but just reading your explanation of the situation got me steaming for you! IF you do get fired then I would get a lawyer ASAP. If you do feel that you have been discriminated against and a lawyer can demonstrate it then you'll be entitled damages.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
April 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I hope it all works out Maddie. That is not your fault at all!

April 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yea i spoke with my other boss today about the situation and i have made the decision to start looking for another job. i just had my "review" and my boss assures me that i am not being fired and asked me if i was still interested in the Assistant manager position which he already told me i cant get because im not available 24/7 and i told him not at this moment in time. he then asked if i would like to readdress that position after the first of the year. hes such a...words i wont say. ive decided i am done with the BULL and finding a different job.
so job searching i go!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search