Do you give baby extra vitamins/iron?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just curious who is giving baby extra vitamins and/or iron? I know formula has pretty much all vitamins included but some of us are breastfeeding...

Do you give your baby any vitamin/iron supplements?

If so, when did you start?

April 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
When I was EBF, I didn't, but her GI tried to get me to. I still feel like breastmilk is nutritionally complete for their needs. Her pediatrician tended to agree with me on that one. I never supplemented any with my three boys, either. Now that I've been "bullied" into moving to formula feeding to try to move on with this diagnostic process, there's no need to since the formula has them included.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

April 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I'm so sorry Katie, I understand how hard it is for you to have to give up bf before your ready to.

I ebf Matthew and I did supplement vit d for like a month and a half then stoped and just never picked it up again. I feel like bm has everything they really need in it, if not then how did humans survive before all this stuff was made? Just my thought lol but I don't supplement anything right now and don't plan to unless its necessary.

But I do take prenatal vitamins and will throughout my bf time lol

April 25th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't given Kyah any supplements. Like you two, I also feel like breast milk is sufficient. I was also taking prenatal vitamins still, and just stopped.....no good reason...it slipped my mind really. I am going to start back taking them now. I already have a huge bottle, and refills waiting when that runs out.

April 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
mY ped wants me to give vit d drops.. meh.. I make sure she gets plenty of sunshine. If we lived in a place where it was more rainy or less sun I would. But we go outside just about every day. I have a hard time swollowing the your bm is not enough pill...

May 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
aislin22's Avatar Regular
I tried to give Olivia some Poly Vi Sol but she gags and absolutely hates it. I haven't been giving her much in the department of supplements because I too feel Breast milk is enough. She is growing and developing just fine. I myself try to take my prenatals when I remember. Sounds like we're doing the right thing. =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search