Whining

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Is anyone else's baby whining all of the time? In the past few weeks Theo has started this. It is so annoying and grating. I hope the phase passes quickly.

Are they developed enough to understand the word 'no' or 'stop' yet?
April 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa is happy if I am holding her, playing with her, touching her, or nursing her. Otherwise, she grunts, moans, and cries. Sometimes she actually screams in frustration. There are two times in a day that are very hard for us: (1) when I want to eat dinner and (2) when I need to take a bath and blow dry my hair. That is because she doesn't want anyone but me ever, and those are two times that I really can't prevent her from getting upset. There are days I go without dinner because she wants to nurse from the time I get home until she falls asleep for the night. Then I can't get up even when she is asleep because she immediately wakes up and fusses. This is after I am at work 9 hours and commute home. Dinner is spent bouncing her on one knee and eating with the other hand. Sometimes, she will sit next to me and eat with me. Most times, she wants in my lap, though. When I bathe, Jessica will sit in the floor next to the bath tub and hold Pippa so that she can see me at all times. Sometimes I have to give her kisses, stop to play with her, or just look at her, or she still fusses. I chalk all of it up to separation anxiety and the fact that I am the one who provides most of her nourishment and comfort. It's touching, and I am grateful. However, I am also drained. Sadly, they don't really understand the word no yet.

Last edited by Sherry777; April 26th, 2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling
April 26th, 2013, 08:27 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer has fussy moments but I wouldn't say she whines often. She was acting like she knew the word no... but I just posted about that! Now she thinks the word no is a game!

April 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mom to Madeline
M I'd generally happy, but this week has been whining all day long. I think she's frustrated bc she wants to walk. This happened right before she figured out sitting on her, too.
April 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Jackson doesn't whine too much, but he definitely knows how and will do it when he's annoyed/bored. He used to do it every time we'd have tummy time. Even though he's not crawling yet, he actually enjoys being on his tummy/all fours now, so the whining has stopped. He generally only whines now when he wants something and isn't getting it right away. I let him whine (even though it's annoying) instead of giving him instant gratification. When the actual crying starts, I'll intervene. A lot of the time, he'll stop whining when he realizes I'm not going to cater to him right away.

I do tell him "no," when he's doing something like slapping me or the couple of times he's bitten down while nursing. His eyes do get big, and he realizes that he's done something wrong. So even though he doesn't really understand, "no," yet I think it's a good thing to get started using it.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
April 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
The whining never stops. My four year old is proof of that.
magz88 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 11:08 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
The whining never stops. My four year old is proof of that.
Yes, this. Hah!

April 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily has gotten a lot whinier lately too - especially when she's tired or bored. It is pretty annoying. I don't think she gets the word "no" either. I say it to her when she tries to grab something she's not supposed to (like my cell phone cord) or crawl into the bathroom but she just looks at me, smiles and continues what she was doing.

April 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aubrey whines when she is bored.

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

April 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam doesn't so much whine, but he grunts and goes "uh, uh" when he wants something. I never have a clue what it is he wants (unless he wants to be picked up, he holds his arms up...super cute!). Not a fan of whining, my dog does enough for both of them.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 28th, 2013, 12:28 PM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
My LO has been whining a lot too for the past few weeks. before then she was a great baby & would sit for a long time in her bouncy chair or excersaucer. I think now she just wants to be part of everything and wants 100% attention which is hard for me to give since I also have a 2 yr old. Teethers seem to help occupy her for a while, and so do the puff snacks or cheerios.

April 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
When Paxton gets clingy and whiny it's because he's tired. If he already nursed and I'm busy I strap him on my back. He loves it, stops whining and then eventually passes out.

April 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
It sounds like quite a few of the babies are starting this.

I bet that you and Pippa will always stay close, Sherry.
April 28th, 2013, 05:01 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
yes, ALL THE TIME. She always wants to be played with. Sometimes she'll be playing just fine and then i'll leave the room and she'll freak out.

}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search