Stranger Anxiety?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your baby have stranger anxiety? This is the prime age for it!

How does your baby react to strangers when they approach baby or talk to baby/touch baby?

What about other people holding baby (not sure if any of you would allow a stranger to hold your baby, LOL; perhaps a family member that baby doesn't really know)?

May 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Micah is ok with my parents and my dh. Anyone else and she immediatel starts screaming! My brother picked her up the other day and she started yelling and trying to get away

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

May 2nd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Veteran
Liam does okay. He's more comfortable with the ladies (than anyone else lol). But, he makes sure, I'm close and watches for me constantly. He's very shy at first...once he's warmed up, he's all smiles
May 2nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliott loves the ladies but stares at guys when they talk to him...which is sad because there are many grandpas that come up to talk to him! He warms up after a bit but if he is tired then he will just sit there and stare no matter what the person does or says (and by grandpas I mean stranger old men lol)

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

Last edited by writerchick324; May 2nd, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
May 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abigail has been dealing with this for a couple of months. On a few occations when we are at family events her cousin will try to pick her up and she FREAKS out! Seriously screaming and burying her face refusing to look at her. She even does this with her grandma if I'm around. A couple of times she has even done this with DH if she was wanting me instead of him. If they hand her back she is literally perfect within seconds. LOL It's too bad too because her cousin is the one we have always had babysit and now I'm nervous to leave her.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Remy has major stranger danger, especially with men! He will stare at them blankly and then if they keep talking to him or get too close to his face he will burst out in tears, haha. It's funny too because he has a certain cry when he's scared! He also gets nervous in larger crowds of people.

May 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Matthew has only cryed once when someone held him (family member he hadn't seen in awhile) other then that he will just give a who the heck are you look and then smile at them ha ha. Hes been doing so much better with stranger anxiety then I thought he would (knock on wood)! Hes always been handed around (big family lol) since he was born so I think he's used to it by now lol. Hes always been real sociable which is nice

May 6th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kyah has stranger anxiety! She refuses to let anyone she does not know hold her period. And I mean family members, but ones she doesn't see often. She will give shy smiles occasionally. Mostly she also buries her face into my shoulder or chest. Thankfully she lets her siblings hold her, otherwise I would have Kyah attached to me 24 hours a day. Right now, it is only 23, LOL!

It can be so awkward when strangers in stores talk to Kyah. Do they really think she will reply? Lol, I am always replying on her behalf. Such as "yes, that is for her", or "yep, she's sleepy", and so on....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search