Need some breakfast ideas

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
I need some ideas for Cetch for breakfast.

I have been feeding 2 "waffle wheels" (Gerber graduate food) and a few puffs.

Cetch likes to eat his breakfast while the big kids are eating so it really needs to be stuff he can feed himself.

Thanks!

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

May 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Does he like oranges? Theo likes to suck on them.
May 1st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela sometimes has a piece of banana or an apple biscotti after her regular breakfast. Could he have something like that as well as milk/cereal before or after?

May 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Kata eats a lot of cut up banana or cheese. I like muenster cheese because its healthy and kind of soft. I try not to give her too much added sugar, but sometimes she gets plain cheerios with her banana, or I will give her cereal bars. We get the earths best for toddlers cereal bars-she loves them but theyre messy!

May 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mom to Madeline
Cheerios, banana, whole wheat bread (in small pieces), mandarin oranges, apples (slightly cooked), oatmeal mixed with fruit (I mix in a purée)
May 1st, 2013, 12:17 PM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
Oh... some good ideas...

He does eat about 1/2 of a banana at lunch everyday so I hate to give him more for breakfast.

For the oranges... do yall just give them a wedge (peel and all) and let the suck on it?

I thought about CHeerios but wasn't sure if they were soft enough. He loves puffs so I'm sure he will like those too.

I have offered cheeses a couple of times and he usually spits it out. I need to try it again.

I never even thought about cereal bars.... going to look and see what my local market carries.

Thanks!

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

May 1st, 2013, 02:00 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After his porridge Noah gets sliced pear, cheese, an apple biscotti, sliced kiwi, some toast fingers or mushed baked-beans to play with/eat.

...and baby number 2

Last edited by newmommysarah; May 1st, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every morning I have an organic pastry bar (it's like ap optart but there is no added sugar and the fruit is organic in the filling) I always break off a piece for MIcah. I usually will give him an apple slice as well.
May 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam gets cheerios - as long as you get the plain ones they aren't much different than puffs. And then usually fruit - apple, orange (with the peel, but he has no teeth yet), strawberries, pear, blueberries. Sometimes I'll give him applesauce. Occasionally I will do veggies instead but usually veggies for lunch and dinner because I eat fruit with breakfast and veggies with my lunch and dinner. He's also had the edge of my toast, and some of my oatmeal (just regular instant oatmeal).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hannah has gotten fruit, oatmeal, toast, cheerios, applesauce, yogurt, etc. It really just depends on what we're eating.
May 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I don't know if you've introduced eggs but I am a big fan of the banana pancake for breakfast.

1 egg whipped with 1 mashed banana and fried like a pancake.

You can add other ingredients too. This time I added cinnamon and parmesean and next time I think I'll do some blueberries and fry it in coconut oil instead for a different flavour.

I give him some when I make it fresh then I cut the rest into strips and freeze it. Then to serve I just take out a strip and chop it and give it to him frozen. It dissolves really well and I think he likes having a cold treat. He goes nuts for them!

I've also started serving him scrambled eggs.

Pinterest
Flickr
May 3rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Regular
These are some really great breakfast ideas. Mostly I only go with cereals, which I didn't know till recently he was really picky about. He hated the Heinz one's, finally we got him Earth's Best and he has started eating his cereal again. Other than that, I wasn't sure what else to offer him.

For those of you who offer fruits to your los, do you give banana, apple slices etc in their little hands to feed by themselves or you feed them? I once gave a piece to him and it was all over the place, not just in his mouth .... lol
May 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I never thought of freezing it Jenn! I make regular ones and rip one or two into strips and keep them in the fridge for a few days. I'll have to try freezing them!

Paula96, I just give it to him on his tray and let him do as he pleases. With the nicer weather, he normally just eats in a diaper now less laundry for me!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Paula, I do give fruit in chunks and let him self feed but only soft fruits. I don't give apples, plums or anything firm / not ripe enough. I also am avoiding citrus still.

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search