First Birthday Party

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
What will your theme be for your baby's first birthday party?
Do you already have a location or other details picked out?

We are already starting to plan a few details.

May 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Pirates and at our home. That's about as much as I have planned so far.

May 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I'm not planning much. I'll bake her a cake. It will probably just be me and the girls so no need for a theme. We don't do party's much.
May 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
We don't have huge families, but I want a pretty girly party. George is thinking fairies or mermaids as a theme. I have been pinning like crazy on Pinterest.

May 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
No plan to do a birthday party, I don't see a point. She'll get a cake and that's about it. She'll have parties when she has friends to invite, otherwise I think it just looks like mom and dad want gifts for the baby.
May 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
MIcah will have a first birthday. I am going to do a blue whale and crab theme. Nothing huge but I will invite some of my good friends and some family. I am hoping my mom will let me have it at her house since it will be to hot at mine!
May 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm still thinking about it. We just don't have family near us (other than SIL and BIL now). Our close friends either don't have kids or have much older kids. So they certainly wouldn't have much fun unless we made it adult-themed, and that really defeats the purpose.

So I think we'll keep it small and low-key (like DH, me, SIL, BIL, and just a handful of friends who adore Jack and would be upset if they weren't invited to celebrate).

I already ordered his birthday onesie. It's so darn cute, I just can't wait to receive it. The theme will be nautical, but I'm not going crazy with decor or anything. The cake (or maybe just cupcakes and a small cake for him to smash) will be themed that way.
Cylence likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Taryn in ONEderland. I've been planning for a month or so. It's just a reason to get families & friends together, gifts not required. It's more mess to clean up, anyways.
Ever and afwifey09 like this.
May 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We'll have some family and perhaps a few friends with their children over. Not sure if we'll have a full out theme or whatnot. Basically just a barbeque. It will be fun

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mom to Madeline
Originally, I did not want a party at all. Just an intimate day with DH, and our parents.

But, now, family from out of town want to fly in for a party, which means we also have to extend an invite to our other family. So, on the actual day of her bday, DH and I are going to do family portraits with her and cake. Then, the following Saturday will be her "party."

However, I want to keep it low key. This is the only party she will have without friends so I still want to keep it intimate. I'm planning on doing cake, punch, and maybe hot dogs or something ...I don't know. But, I DO know the timeline for the party will be 1 hour. I don't want a big shindig. I'm kinda sad about even having the party. Oh well.
Sherry777 likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I have a pretty big house so her party will be at home and it will be Owl themed.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

May 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh crap he does have a bday coming up lol. idk yet its a little to soon for me to start planning but now its on my mind im gonna be thinking about it so i will probably be joting down ideas lol. i can tell you he will have about 4 different parties so its going to be a fun one and he will get a million toys that i wont know what to do with and he will be all sugared up on cake lol because at least in my family its tradition to let the baby have their own mini cake to eat although 90% of it ends up on them not in their mouths lol. so their is that.

May 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing a watermelon theme!!! I fell in love with some stuff on pinterest. It's been extremely difficult to find anything watermelon though. So a lot will be made and the rest will just be pinks and greens

We're having the invite issue. I know we will invite the few friends we have with kids. We don't want to invite tons of family because we don't want people to think "oh they just want a gift" but then we don't want to invite some family and have others be hurt for not getting invited... it's seriously an issue we could end up having with my family and their ways
It's basically just going to be a picnic/bbq at my parents house. Possibly a pool party because they've been talking about getting one!!
Pixie Dust likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
I LOVE planning and hosting parties!

I'm like Sherry... I have already been pinning stuff on pinterest!
I'm not sure what theme we will do. Though I do really like the idea of watermelons!

With the other kids we did a cookout with a lot of friends. We invite a lot of people but put NO GIFTS on the invite. I don't expect (or like) people to buy my kids stuff, (that is why I didn't have a baby shower)

Oh goodness!!! Just about 3 months left to plan ~ I better get busy!
Cylence likes this.

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

May 8th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the middle. I do a bit of a coordinated "theme" just because I love any excuse to be crafty and make cute things and entertain......but we keep the party itself very small, our families and a few friends with kids. And at our house.

Pictures of my son's first in our old rental home - little buddy didn't feel well, took him to the doctor the next day to learn he had a double ear infection and strep throat at his birthday party and we didn't know it........that was the end of daycare for us actually!

And birthday #2 was LEGOs....

Likely to do an owl for her first!

or

Last edited by 20ghanover; May 8th, 2013 at 04:35 AM.
May 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Been there done that with a big 1st bday party, a clown, catering the whole shebang. It was miserable! She just cried and napped through it. Now I just do intimate gatherings with family, good food and cake! I did get Kata a gorgeous pink lace dress with lace rosettes all over...she should look like a cupcake lol! I'm making my famous organic banana cream cake into a dress so i can put a doll in it. We might all go swimming but it will be too hot for a swim party.

May 8th, 2013, 08:55 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mason's party was adorable!

I haven't decided if I want to do a theme yet. I've been pinning like crazy too but more invitations, cupcakes and baby party dresses and stuff like that.

I don't really want to go overboard since I know Emily won't remember it and it's more for us than her but we have a lot of family in town and DH's family is only 2 hours away so I anticipate there will be 15-20 family members and close friends that want to join in the festivities.

I think I want to do it at my parent's house because it's really big and great for entertaining and it's across the lake from a really nice park. So we could start there and go to my parents when it gets too hot (which the end of July in Florida is a given).

Last edited by ufmelissa824; May 8th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
May 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
We only do actual parties for the first birthday. Generally we have low key events and we let each kid decide how they would like to celebrate (and pray they don't say Chuck E Cheese).

The first birthday is so special, though. It's not about monetary gifts; it's about celebrating the gift of life.

We've been married 13 years, and over time we have grown distant from George's family (our kids do not know them). Also, we have spent less and less time with friends as our family has grown and our responsibilities have taken more time.

I am only planning to have my doula, two other friends, and my parents attend. It's going to be the biggest mess of pink you've ever seen, though. We waited 7 years for Pippa, and she's getting the whole 9 yards.

Maybe Melanie can give me some ideas. Mason's party was adorable!
Ever, 20ghanover, aubers68 and 1 others like this.

May 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mason's party was SOOOOO adorable and I LOVE his outfit!! Where did you find it? Obviously it was a long time ago so they surely don't have it any longer but I find it so hard to find cute boy clothes!
20ghanover likes this.
May 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks everyone for the sweet comments! Mason's outfit was from Bailey Boys. My in laws live on Saint Simons Island where Bailey Boys is based so we get lots of fun finds there, especially in their outlet Almost all of our "special" outfits for him are from there!!

I just searched "bailey boys cupcake" on ebay and there are a few both girls and boys!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search