and we have tooth number 3...finally...and sleep stuff (UPDATE NEWS)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TuckrLeesMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so my monster has been extra clingy and monstery lately! he has been cutting BOTH his top two teeth at the same time! the clove oil works like a freaking charm. i really only use it at night currently to help him get to sleep. bt during the day i will give him some advil and treat with teething tablets. but he has still been super stressed out! well last night one of his top toofers finally popped thru! and the other one will probably come in tonight like what happened to his bottom teeth. it is right there i can see it it just has a little tiny bit of skin over it so i cant quite feel it yet. so i really hope it comes in soon! my poor little man has just been miserable!! hes fine as long as he can see me. hes content playing but the second i am out of site you would think someone cut his arm off the way he wails and screams! so mommy needs some relief as much as he does!

but on the plus side i have FINALLY figured out how to get him to sleep in his own bed!!!

This kid has NEVER held his own bottle...EVER. never could figure out why. i figured he was just kinda lazy and that he wouldnt do it because we would always do it for him. well when he went to his grandmas last she forgot to send home his bottles so i popped out to walmart and just picked up some $3 for 3 cheapie parents choice 5 ouncers just so i would have something until we could get the rest back. and guess what? he would holds those bottles. i realized he COULDNT hold up his other bottles. they are the similac ones and his hands are to small! so now i can actually lay him down with a bottle in his pack n play and he will hold up his bottle and go right to sleep!!! its pretty awesome to have my bed back. i still get lots of snuggles and cuddles but now i dont have a long strong baby kicking me in the face, pulling my hair, pinching my nose, and kicking me in the ribs all night long!
hes still right next to me, so close i can touch him but now we are both happy to have our own space. some nights (especially lately) he has woken up in the middle of the night to snuggle and eat but i am able to put him back in his bed and he will go to sleep.
im proud. no tears either. that was my biggest concern. i just couldnt handle CIO (tried it twice, i made it 3 minutes) and this has bee painless and easy going.

There has been a lot going on on the taylr front as well. i hope i can post in the nest tonight and at least try fill you in a little bit. i have stood my ground not given in to him...like i said i will update in the nest as long as it stays not busy at work.
JesusisKing likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for teeth! Hope tonight is relatively painless for you and him!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never looked into why but I know every time I take Micah to the ped she always reinforces that I should never give him a bottle in his crib carseat ect... He only really gets bottles at daycare so I have never thought twice about it and it coudl just be a silly reason but just thought I would pass that along

I am glad the transition was easy though!!
May 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad the clove oil worked out for you. I know it helped me tremendously when I was having tooth pain.

That's great about the PNP too! Emily just finally started sleeping in her PNP this past week and I feel like we've turned a whole new corner. Don't you love having your bed to yourself again? I think I'm more excited about that achievement than I was about crawling or standing!

May 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
he doesnt get it all night. as soon as he is asleep i take the bottle from him. he doesnt get a bottle in his seat. i know its a no no to put it in their crib, but as long as i dont leave it there for the night what is the difference between giving him a bottle while laying next to me on the bed or in his bed right next to me? that is an honest question. im not being snooty or snappy which i know can sometimes be conveyed that way thru text. but that is an honest question.

as soon as he is asleep i take the bottle, he isnt left with it and then if he starts to fuss i hold it and give it back to him until he is calms and goes back to sleep and i take the bottle again.
i know eventually he will be able to go to sleep on his own, heck the other night i fed him his bubba and he hadnt fallen asleep yet, so i put him in his bed and he went to sleep on his own without fussing.

May 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I think as long as you take it away, its fine. I believe the issue is the natural sugars in the milk/formula can pool in his mouth and erode the enamel on his teeth causing teeth problem in the future (since he isn't swallowing all night). So as long as you monitor it, its not an issue - like you said, its not in his mouth all night.

I think water is ok too? I haven't tried it with Cam since he never took a bottle, and still can't quite hold a sippy cup himself (and actually get water out haha). Not to mention he has a love affair with his paci.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Like Jessica said, it's the fact that milk sitting in his mouth at night can erode his teeth. But as long as you're taking it away as soon as he's asleep then it should be fine. I've actually been kicking around the idea of giving Paxton some water in a bottle at night too.

May 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm glad you're finally able to get some sleep! Hooray for teeth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search