Updates: teeth, sick, walking..OH MY!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By TKbunny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 08:25 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Sorry been MIA. Not by choice I miss you ladies ans wish I could have been here more.

First, let me say thank you all so much for the wonderful thoughts and kind words from the Mother's Day Hugs I got. They brought tears to my eyes. And I found myself wanting to shout, 'They like me! They REALLY like me!' but I thought it might sound cheesy to my husband who was playing with our son on the floor at the time I was reading them

Now for the updates!

Elias has been trying for weeks to cut those darn first molars. He was super fussy at night, not sleeping more than 30-45 minutes at a time every night for more than 2 weeks! Nothing I did helped him sleep. I gave him Tylenol and put stuff on his gums, not even cuddling when he'd wake crying helped And I didn't get any sleep either since I was up all night with him day after day. So of course, after about a week of that I ended up sick because I was so run down That made it worse.

Finally on Mother's Day, he cut them both! Now he has 10 teeth! Can you believe that?!? Everyone how asks is shocked he has so many at his age. I guess the Pedi said most babies his age only have 2-6 around this age, oh well. Guess he's just an overachiever

I thought his sleep would improve that night but I was wrong. He still woke 5-8 times a night for the next few nights. Finally last night he slept through the night! I slept like a log!

With his new teeth came his new chewing skills. He now loves chunks of food he can chew up for meals. He had his first real Mac & C the other day and he LOVED it! He had his first Popsicle and his first dip in his swimming pool as well. He's having a great week!

Elias has started pulling up on everything! And just this week, he's started letting go and standing alone without hanging onto anything. He'll pull up to his activity table and then just let go and dance or play with a toy in his hands. His balance is getting really good. So go that the other day I tried letting him walk with his push toy for walking babies and the first time I set him down with it he took off running! I had a hard time keeping up with him in case he fell. He loved it! He kept running all over with it, then started walking with just one hand on the handle and turning it around to go back the other way all on his own. I was shocked.

And as if that wasn't enough, yesterday he was crawling around and he stopped to pick up a toy, then he planted his feet flat on the floor, pushed onto his hands and then slowly stood up! And when he got almost all the way standing straight up, he looked at me like, "Holly crap! What did I just do!?!" And I had to grab him because he started shaking and his knees were giving out and since he was on the hardwood floor, I didn't want him to fall face first and get hurt. But he's been doing it now here and there. I'm so thrilled! It won't be long and he'll be walking!

So that's our update. I'll try to be around more again this next week. As long as he starts sleeping better for a while I should be good. I'm feeling better now and so is he.

May 17th, 2013, 02:01 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Wow, WTG Elias!

I'm glad he seems to be sleeping better, that you're feeling better, and that those teeth finally popped through!
May 17th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wow! 10 teeth! That's crazy!!! Glad to see you and that you're getting more sleep!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 17th, 2013, 06:50 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
10 teeth!! WOWZA! Hope you both continue to get some more sleep!!

May 18th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like he is doing great! Good thing you finally got some sleep. You're gonna need it to keep up!

May 19th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
WTG Elias! He is growing tooo fast!!
May 19th, 2013, 05:08 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Thats great to hear things are getting better and also that hes accomplishing so much. Athena has 4 teeth lol I wish she had 10 though given the hell she puts me through to cut 1. Haha
May 19th, 2013, 06:51 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Oh we've been going through the teething hell lately too! It's awful but it sounds like he should have pretty much all his teeth now for a few years anyway, so hopefully you all have some relief for a while. I can't believe he has 10 teeth that's amazing!! What a clever little munchkin

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Poor baby and mommy with all those teeth! Glad to see you pop in. As you can see, I've been kind of busy myself and just now saw this post.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search