baby food meats and yogurt

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By 20ghanover

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
I started giving Athena meats back when her dr suggested we ads it because she was supposedly too thin according to the chart. She was doing fine for the longest time as long as they were mixed with fruits or veggies, but now she refuses to eat them...except maybe the apples and chicken. She is in love with yogurt though...so I was wondering if I could just cut the meats out altogether or if she really needs them and if giving her more yogurt would be ok or if it would be too much? I usually give her 1 yogurt a day but I know Eric gives her 2 or 3.
May 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It could just be a stage. Sophia, my almost 2 year old, has gone through weeks where she won't eat any meat, but then she'll be back to normal the next week. And I think yogurt is fine, Hannah eats it quite regularly
May 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I wouldn't stop offering a food because then she might develop a preference not to eat something. However, I don't think its a big deal. She can get protein and iron from other sources! Greek yogurt is a great source of protein.

Pinterest
Flickr
May 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried avocado? Tons of fat but super healthy fat! DD will eat a 1/2 avocado a day if I let her. Also fish - good fat and protein. She chowed on swordfish and baked potato tonight!
May 19th, 2013, 06:55 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.juniper View Post
I wouldn't stop offering a food because then she might develop a preference not to eat something. However, I don't think its a big deal. She can get protein and iron from other sources! Greek yogurt is a great source of protein.
Ditto

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 19th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
My docs always saying every visit that variety is key, so I would try to give at least less yogurt and more of something else. But I know on reality that doesn't always work at this age.

And 20ghanover, i do remember him saying no shark or swordfish...but I don't know why. Did she do okay with it? We don't have either usually but I'd like the option!

May 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's becuase of the mercury content in large fish. I am definitely aware of that issue and wouldn't give it to her regularly (we usually try to do flounder or something else low mercury instead) but once in a while isn't the worst.
Mrs.Julie likes this.
May 20th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Thanks! Good to know

May 20th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I would try mixing them with other foods until you find a combination that she likes. Pippa doesn't like to eat from a spoon, but if she sees me eating something, she will eat the same thing. I just put it in front of her, and she picks it up with her fingers. I'm not sure why it makes a difference. We use thinly cut meats from Whole Foods, and she eats those with no issues. I have even partially chewed steak for her. (Gross, I know, but it works.)

May 20th, 2013, 08:47 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah thats true...I dont want her to become picky. I like the idea of mixing it with other things...ill try that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search