Little raw nose?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TKbunny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Poor Bubbers has a sore raw nose on the tip from sleeping on his tummy and rubbing his nose against the mat. He doesn't seem phased by it but it looks bad and I'd like it to heal up. Anyone else have this happen with a tummy sleeper? What did you do to help it heal? Or to prevent it?

June 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hmmm, Cam is a tummy sleeper and I haven't noticed this. Can you just add a bit of his regular lotion several times a day? Hopefully someone has another better idea!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Mom to Madeline
Madeline is a tummy sleeper and doesn't have his issue. She has a soft cotton sheet over her mattress.
June 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
When we first put him in his crib, he wouldn't sleep on his cotton sheets. He had always slept fine for naps on the floor on one of those waterproof sheets we used to change him on so he had gotten used to those and didn't like the feel of anything else. When you'd put him down to sleep, he'd rub his hands over the mattress and if it was cotton sheets he'd wake up and cry, but if we used a waterproof mattress pad that felt like the sheet he'd nap on, he'd go right to sleep and be fine. So that's what we've used. But now that they've been washed over and over, they have started to pill a bit and I think that's made them a little rough, so I'm thinking that's the issue.

Tonight I pulled out the cotton jersey sheets again and he did fine going to sleep, so we'll see if it lasts.

I'll also be putting baby face balm on his nose to help. Thanks for the input, ladies

June 21st, 2013, 07:36 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Never had this issue but yeah, I'd say Aquaphor or coconut oil or something like that on the nosey.

June 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I've never had that issue, but I bet coconut oil would help!
June 23rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
awww bless him. Michaela turns onto her tummy at night as well but I've never had this with her. Am sure any moisturising cream or oil would help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search