How are 1st birthday plans coming along?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aubers68

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
lol ours are on hold.

Daniel's birthday is Aug 22, the day before Michaela's, and he's having a "film & fun" party for his school friends before they break up for summer on 14th July, because last time we made his party his birthday week literally 2 children came cos quite a few invited were away!!

I designed the invitation, and Daniel has made a list of who to invite, I just want to check it with his LSA to make sure everyone's got a friend and nobody has been the only one not invited from a friendship group (for those who don't know Daniel has autism and his social awareness isn't the best, and having a party is an effort towards helping him make and keep friends, so I don't want to upset anyone inadvertently!). Once that's done I will need to make up a movie quiz, organise fancy dress (film characters) for Daniel and Michaela and maybe myself (maybe), buy in stuff for party favours and prizes.

I have already pre-ordered a special birthday cake for both Dan and Michaela for their actual birthdays, we will be having a tea party on the 23rd for close friends and family, so that will just be a case of asking people by word of mouth and organising a little buffet. I have decided on getting Daniel a pedal car of some sort and Michaela a tunnel/tent set as she loves crawling under/through things.

June 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Haven't made any plans yet...I'll start thinking about it this week!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mom to Madeline
How fun! I'm done planning. I'm doing a dessert/candy bar theme in all pink. I just need to bite the bullets and order the invites already.
June 23rd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
invitations are done and sent. cake topper & cupcake toppers ordered. plates and cups ordered too! just need to make her banner & figure out the favors and adult food
June 23rd, 2013, 08:34 PM
Pixie Dust's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20ghanover View Post
invitations are done and sent. cake topper & cupcake toppers ordered. plates and cups ordered too! just need to make her banner & figure out the favors and adult food
Where did you order the cake/cupcake toppers from?

I need to get busy! I am pretty sure we are going to have a watermelon themed cookout. I'm going to do it in the evening (maybe the Friday after his bday). I'm thinking of doing food, then a few games and then cake (no presents).

I've started our guest "list". This is sorta hard. I mean, where do you stop inviting people?? We have our family friends, my friends, DHs friends, kids friends, business friends, employees.... it just never stops! Haha! I'm going to try to keep it to around inviting 50 people knowing that only about 1/2 to3/4 will show.

I have a pinterest board where I'm collecting ideas. I also have a doc where I'm keeping my actual plans.

Thanks Vicki... for my siggy!

June 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
They're not. We have the cake nailed down but that's it. I keep telling Bobby I'm sending out invites on the first of July so if he doesn't want the party at the apt he needs to speak up. My grandparents probably won't come if it's at the apt because of the stairs. But if we're going to have it outside I need to know in the next few days!

June 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I don't have any plans at all. I have no idea what August will bring. Chris is looking at going out of town for who knows how long. His parents are thinking about visiting in Aug (oh freaking joy) but I don't know if they will be here for her birthday. (I hope not - they will expect to take over and invite all the stupid family I wouldn't normally invite).

So uh yeah - no clue.
June 24th, 2013, 07:58 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone's ideas sound wonderful!

Haven't even started yet!!!! I started thinking about ideas but haven't really moved any further then that... I think that I'm going to make it a rubber duckie theme...

I'm just stuck at who to invite???? Do I keep it small with just family or do I make it big with family and friends with kids!?!?!?! Then i would have to plan kid friendly games and on and on and on... And poor Leo probably wouldn't even remember all of this....
June 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Well I have no clue. I didn't think we were doing anything and then DH told me like 2 days ago that he's inviting a bunch of his friends over for Xavier's birthday. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
June 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tons of things I want to do, but have really been lacking motivation.

We have her outfit, which I've posted before. I have her invitations all sent out and I have made her a highchair ribbon skirt

Mom2JDub likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I received the invitations last week, and they look even better in person. I think we're done buying the actual birthday presents, unless little things come up. We have his birthday outfit. I've purchased some decor odds and ends. I have bought a bunch of other stuff for the party, but I have a lot of crafting to do between now and then. I have a lot of ideas sketched out, and I'm hoping I can actually make them happen. Feeling pretty good about the progress so far.

June 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm all done planning Mel's Luau. Her party is in 2 days and all I need to do is prepare the food and hope it doesn't rain, there's a 60% chance of storms but luckily it's at our house so we'll just have it inside. I've decided not to stress on all the details like I did with my son, but it still should be a good time.

June 27th, 2013, 07:25 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I haven't really started planning much, I have to get Sophia's party this weekend behind us first!

It will probably be quite small (30ish close friends and family), at our house, we'll probably barbecue, and I'm thinking an owl theme since I didn't get to do the nursery that way. Alyssa's birthday party will be the weekend before too, but thankfully she wants to go to a gymnastics place so I don't have to prepare too much for hers
June 28th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have purchased all of the decorations and things needed for food (plates, napkins ect), the invitations are done and I will mail them monday, I really just need to order his outfit, cake and make some of the homemade decorations.
June 29th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Julie I know what you mean about "where to draw the line."

We didn't go big for Daniel's first birthday, it was just me, his dad, and my mum and dad, and other people dropping in with presents and for a piece of cake.

However, we are closer with extended family now than we were then. And it's the first of many "joint parties" since Daniel's birthday is the day before Michaela's - as well as being her first birthday.

However again, our house is pretty small!

So in our house we have my mum, my partner, me and the 2 kids. I am going to invite: Dan's dad and partner, my aunt who is my mum's SIL and best friend, my 3 aunts and uncles on her side plus cousins (7 in total plus their partners and kids), Shaun's mum, sister and brother (which includes a partner and 2 teens) though they live some distance away and probably won't come but if they do that's ok, my oldest friend who still lives local, 2 of our neighbours who are also friends, and Daniel's LSA plus her husband and son. She lives in our street and will not be his full-time LSA anymore next year. We're not inviting her to the schoolfriends party pre-summer break because it would be awkward for the children to have one of their "teachers" there. BUT what I am going to do is do it as a "drop-in" sort of thing. Put a buffet out and have it over the whole day, invites mostly just word of mouth on FB, people can come and go when they want to, kids' normal routines around it all, and do the cake round about dinner time with whoever is here at the time.

My aunt does this same thing for family every Boxing Day. It's just a get-together. No pressure to do games or anything like that at all. It's just getting together for a chat, food and drink. And because none of them live near us apart from the neighbours I don't see people staying long or all of them coming at all. Really all we will have to organise is a buffet. I'm going to make some party favours I saw on Pinterest out of Michaela's baby food jars...people coming after the cake cutting can take a piece of cake home as well and I'll have balloons for any kids attending to take.

See I have it planned in my head, just not on full-on planning for this party yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search