solid food

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This topic has probably been discussed before, but how much solid food does your baby eat in one sitting? Connor eats a lot of different foods but he doesn't eat a lot of it at a time. He often only has a few bites of something and then he's fussing to come out of his highchair. The only thing he would eat continuously is banana but I don't want him to eat only that.
June 25th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mom to Madeline
M eats 3 meals per day. I'd say around 4 oz of food. Plus, she gets a "snack" after her meal like shredded cheese, goldfish, puffs, Cheerios, veggie bits, etc.
June 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Super Mommy
Luke is still mostly eating jarred baby food or purees. He eats about 2-4 oz 2-3x per day. He is eating a few puffs and a few tiny bites of whatever we are eating. The rest of the time he is bf.

June 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer was mostly doing purees, 3 jars a day. Now she will hardly eat for me I think she got used to the puffs and goldfish that she prefers to feed herself now. This makes it difficult because she does want what we're eating but we don't have the best of diets so its hard to always share :/

June 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily eats jarred food at school 2x a day and either pureed food for dinner or whatever we're having. She also gets 3-4 5oz bottles, puffs and other bits of food throughout the day. We don't have much of a problem with her turning away food - the kid loves to eat! She actually throws fits sometimes when her food is gone or I cut her off.

June 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Usually bits of what we're eating. Breakfast tends to be fruit (bits of pear, nectarine, etc.) or a 'toddler muffin' (has squash carrots and banana), lunch is oatmeal (like a package of it), and dinner is what we are having or if its not appropriate, a pouch, and then apple sauce for dessert. He also has cheerios as a snack throughout the day.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Jack eats really well most of the time. He honestly eats anything we put in front of him, but the amount changes depending on his mood. We do a combo of pureed foods (from the pouch) and table food, with the majority being table food.

He eats three times a day (varying amounts though) and snacks of Cheerios, yogurt melts, graham crackers, or fruit throughout the day. He still nursing and taking bottled breast milk during the day a lot too!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 27th, 2013, 06:12 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hannah usually has toast and fruit or oatmeal for breakfast, then whatever we're having for the rest of the day, but the amounts really vary. She just seem to be hungrier some days than others.
June 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Regular
Mine has started eating his pureed food at such a slow pace that I get tired of feeding him for close to an hour in one sitting. I think instead of refusing, this is his polite way to indicate that he does not want to eat. Oh well, he will start eating whenever he feels like
June 29th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela has:

Breakfast - 2-5oz formula and a serving of baby cereal or Oatibix, if she's still hungry she might also get a yogurt or a few "soldiers" of toast.

Lunch - 1 savoury baby food jar and 1 fruit pot / yogurt / sweet baby food jar plus finger food snacks (these can include corn snacks, biscuits, pieces of banana, soft cooked pieces of broccoli, carrot etc, garlic bread, pizza, cheese...) and baby fruit juice.

Dinner - As lunch. Sometimes she has a serving of "pureed with bits" version of what we are having, if we are having a meat-veg-carbs combination.

Supper - 3-5oz formula plus usually a yogurt or fruit pot.

She has juice throughout the day and is given finger food when suitable finger food is being eaten by other people, however the finger food after meals and throughout the day is really just for fun and practice and she usually picks at it and plays with it rather than eating it all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search