I feel like Ava is so behind

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2013, 05:05 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She just turned 9 months on the 23rd, and I was looking at the 9 month stat thread and Ava is doing nothing, she isn't crawling, she just learned how to turn from back to tummy, but she still hates being on her tummy, so no real trying on crawling either, she doesen't like to put pressure on her legs so if I try to get her to stand she just collapses her legs, she does sit in her walker alot, but she doesen't walk with it, she just kind of sits. She is still eating puree's mostly with the exception of crackers and puffs, she still has no teeth, so I am afraid to give her anything else. I just feel like I still have a very dependent baby, and you all have almost toddlers.
June 28th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Remember that all babies learn at their own pace! If you are worried about it though I would speak to your doctor. who knows one day she may surprise you and just stand up and run!
jennylynnf likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 01:34 AM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I'm just lurking from the October Board . But my daughter turned 9 months two days ago and I feel the same way you do. No crawling, still sitting up supported and no teeth yet. She rolls over from back to tummy but after about 5-20 minutes she will want to be on her back again. Plus she refused baby food other than her bottle until she turned 8 months but now can't get enough of it! We talked to her doctor about it and he doesn't seem concerned but he is going to refer us to someone who will give her a look and see if she needs a little help or not. I'm not too worried because I know she will catch up eventually and then she will be all over the house like her 2 year old sister!

June 29th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like it may be just that Ava is going to do things at her on pace. I think you should talk to her pediatrician though, because at least he/she could alleviate your worries by making sure it isn't anything to be concerned about. I know a few ladies in this playroom went from their babies not doing much at all, to having them doing it all in just a couple days time. So, you may just get a big surprise from baby Ava any day now! It's just really hard to figure out at what age any in particular baby will do any certain thing!

June 30th, 2013, 03:36 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Exactly what the other ladies said, all babies develop at there own pace. I have felt.like Matthew was slow on certin things.but then the next day he was doing things. If your truly worried then it dosent hurt to call his doctor.

July 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Veteran
I'm with the other ladies - I wouldn't worry to awful much...they all develop at their own pace. BUT, if you're concerned, always address with your baby's doc. Liam seemed slow for a while and then - BAM, he did everything at once Now, we can't keep him contained!
July 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's hard not to worry I know, but she sounds well within the normal range. I think it would be nice to have a baby that was still very dependent on me, Micah seems to have grown up way too fast

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

July 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She sounds just like Knox. But now in the the last two weeks he's trying to crawl (mostly face plants), only wanting to eat off the table, and just got his first tooth. It'll all happen when she's ready.

July 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, you can't make her teeth grow other than that maybe a PT could help. Weston doesn't sit on his own either, but he rolls, and pivots on his belly. He can feed himself as long as it's appropriate sized foods, but he just learned that in the last two weeks. The big girls here seriously never put him down, and he's very go with the flow, so he never wants to get down to explore or anything.
I have a PT coming to eval him on friday. 2 of my boys so far have had low muscle tone (Becca was in the middle of them, and she was just fine, so it's weird) and I bet he has it too. It's timely to get them to build muscle, but it's nothing invasive or anything. I love the PT too, really nice lady.

July 11th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mason was similar and all of a sudden within a week and a half he started doing a ton. She may just be taking her time. I kinda miss him being so still sometimes lol. But i agree that if you are worried to talk to your ped and maybe he could evaluate her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search