Feeding Time for Baby - Questions!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By aquariussweety21
  • 1 Post By Brandiwine3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now that are babies are a little older, feeding time can be a trying time when it doesn't involve formula and breast milk! Although, our babies are still getting most of their nutrients from their milk, they are eating food now too; so that's where things can either be frustrating or maybe things are great with that, lol.

Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?)

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc)

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time?

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family?

What are some of your baby's favorite foods?

Do you offer drinks with each feeding?

Do you let baby feed themselves?

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves?

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier?

Last edited by Blessed Mommy Of 5; July 10th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
July 9th, 2013, 09:08 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) yep, breakfast, lunch and dinner

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc) - in his high chair or a high chair, or on my lap if out.

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time? he has eaten a whole slice of pizza, but usually a couple of ounces of food.

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? usually yes

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? peanut butter and jelly toast, cream cheese toast, pizza, hot dogs, mac n cheese. he isn't picky yet. he LOVES watermellon

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? yeah, usually watered down juice or milk

Do you let baby feed themselves? yes

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? cream of wheat - just too much like glue to get everywhere. I also hold the pizza for him while he bites it.

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? dogs. dogs take care of all the stuff that lands on the floor or in the chair.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

July 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol Ami! The dogs tip is too funny but so true!

Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) I try but it doesn't always work out that way!

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc) Mostly in her high chair, but often in my lap.

To estimate I would say about 4-6 oz. That is just a rough estimate and varies greatly!

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? Yes

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? Spaghetti, pasta, noodles

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? Yes, usually juice (watered down) or water

Do you let baby feed themselves? Yes

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? Yes, I often feed her dinner because I have found that she will eat more if I feed her and play more if she feeds herself. I usually feed her spaghetti, but I also let her feed herself spaghetti sometimes.

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? Well, I have a rubber Sesame Street mat that I put under her high chair, it's easy to spray it off in the shower after she eats!

July 11th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) just about yes. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and bed (oatmeal and
Bottle only) his meals are usually a little earlier than ours so he gets snacks when we eat too lol

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc) highchair or bumbo seat

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time? Anywhere between 2 and 6 ounces.

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? He picks off of our meals but he usually gets purees with his. I think I am behind here. I have been so afraid of him choking and havent let him experiment with many foods until recently.

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? He loves squash, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, bananas, ice cream ( i know - bad) he hates the consistency of watermelon and gags on it lol

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? At his meals he gets his bottle right after he eats his purees. When he snacks on our food usually water or watered down apple juice

Do you let baby feed themselves? A little bit but not enough. Probably behind here too

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? Most his purees lol. Mac and cheese.

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? I agree with Ami - dogs! Lol we were at my future in laws and they dont have one and i felt lost. Haha. Terrible i know
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

July 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Veteran
Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) Yes, usually. We often also offer puffs (fruit) and/or banana dissolvable cookies for snacks in b/t

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc). Mostly in his high chair but, sometimes on Mommy's lap.

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time? Depends. If it's jarred (1.5-2) - fruit and veggie for dinner; fruit/formula for lunch; cereal w/ just H20 for breakfast

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? No, Liam has a super strong gag-reflux, which my other children didn't have. We try dif things (mashed pot, mashed veggies, etc.) and he always chokes.

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? sweet pot, squash, greens

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? We will do a bottle shortly after but, I offer water in his sippy throughout the day - he usually just plays with the cup.

Do you let baby feed themselves? Only his snacks. I do allow him to play with his spoon and bowl though (w/ no content) - appears to have the hang of it so, maybe I'll try some thicker oatmeal so it doesn't fall off b/f he gets the spoon to his mouth.

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? Almost all of it.

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? I like Amy's idea. Most of it hits the floor and we just end up picking it up along with our 3 y.o.'s mess. We also keep wipes ready and waiting b/c Liam is bound to swat at us a time or two (he thinks it's funny)!.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?)
Whenever I eat

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc)
In his chicco high chair caddy thing that attaches to the table.

Oh idk? He doesn't do purées so sometimes a bite sometimes a small kid portion his biggest meal is usually lunch.

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family?
Yup if we are eating something I don't think he should have I give him a banana or grapes (cut in eights) or something like that.

What are some of your baby's favorite foods?
Bell peppers, broccoli, bananas, and grapes.

Do you offer drinks with each feeding?
sometimes if I do then it is water in a sippy

Do you let baby feed themselves?
Yup otherwise he doesn't eat (besides nursing)

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves?
nope I even let him feed himself yogurt

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier?
we have a twister mat under his seat we take it out and rinse it after meals.

Last edited by Panda; July 17th, 2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: stupid phone didnt let me finish :)
July 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whenever I eat.
Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc) high chair

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time? I dont know until she is full.

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? Yes

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? Peas, watermelon, baked beans, green beans, banana

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? nurse before

Do you let baby feed themselves? Yes

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? Nope

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? I sit her on the edge of the sink and turn the water on. She thinks it is fun and it gets her clean.

July 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) yes, well for the most part lol

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc) high chair if were home or at a resturant. my mom and MIL have high chairs at there houses to so if were somewhere else then we either hold him or feed him in his stroller

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time? 4-6 ounces of purees plus finger foods like 1/3 - 1/2 a banana or half an avacado etc

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? no I still make his baby food but were starting to give him bites of our food. I just dont want to puree our food I think thats gross lol but I'm going to start cutting things up for him and see how he does with that

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? peaches, bananas, sweet potato, green beans and peas. he also LOVES avacado which he eats just as finger food now, I dont puree it anymore

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? I have his sippy with water near by and give him little sips during meals (he sometimes just throws up in middle of eating usually with a burp so the water helps push it down). he also has sips of drinks to once in awhile

Do you let baby feed themselves? finger foods yes but purees no, he will make a complete mess and not eat any of it lol

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? yup purees

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? I keep a wet dish cloth right next to us for clean up lol

July 31st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Super Mommy
Do you feed your baby at specific times each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner?) No.

Where does baby eat? (high chair, seat, at table, in lap, etc) high chair

How much solid food does baby usually eat during one meal time? Not sure. Probably 4-6 oz or until full.

Does baby eat the same meals you fix for the family? Yes, if it's something he can eat.

What are some of your baby's favorite foods? Green beans, meats and yogurt

Do you offer drinks with each feeding? water in a sippy cup. He will only take small drinks if I hold it, otherwise he just plays with the cup. Mostly he bf.

Do you let baby feed themselves? yes if it's easy to pick up

Are there some foods you feed baby without letting them feed themselves? I still feed him a lot of the time otherwise he mostly plays with it and doesn't eat much. He still prefers me to feed him.

Any tips/tricks to make cleanup easier? I just keep a bib on him and a clean, wet washcloth nearby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search