breakfast ideas

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By DaniM0820

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
What are you feeding your LO's for breakfast? Lately my LO is not interested in breakfast. I thought formula was making her too full to eat so I reversed it where she eats first then has her bottle, but she still doesn't want to eat much. I have been giving her cheerios & Kix, but I think she is sick of them. Is there any other cereal that they are able to chew at this age? (My LO is 10 mo. old) Also she is rejecting the spoon with puree's, but there's hardly any solid fruit she is willing to eat, just watermelon & occasionally bannana. She wants nothing to do with peaches, plum, strawberry or blueberry. I have even tried steaming strawberries to make them softer to chew and she wants no part of it. I don't even bother making oatmeal right now.

July 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Normally Elias will have his 6-8oz formula right when he gets up. Then about 45 minutes later he sits in his chair with a handful of Cheerios while I make something. He'll eat banana, baby oatmeal, bits of bagel and cheese, pancake, watermelon, bits of English muffin just to name a few of his faves.

I find if I give him the same food more than 2 days in a row, he starts to refuse it. Keeping it mixed up is the key for us.

July 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mom to Madeline
M has 4.5 oz of formula upon waking, then about 45 minutes later she has breakfast. I giver her fruits (self feeds), oatmeal mixed w fruit rice cereal mixed w fruit, waffles, pancakes, cheerios, yogurt, toast w jelly, etc.

Sometimes I'll do a purée, but she's mainly self feeding herself now.

I'd keep offering, and see if she decides to try it. Sometimes they go through finicky stages, and that's normal.

I'll also be trying scrambled eggs after her 1st bday.
July 24th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Super Mommy
Luke has just become interested in breakfast in the last 2 wks. Before that he would eat a few bites about an hr after getting up then bf. Now he is eating quite a bit. Sometimes scrambled eggs, dry toast, multigrain cheerios, yogurt with pureed fruit and baby cereal. His favorite breakfast is the gerber meats mixed with veggies (not fruit) and baby cereal. He is definietely a meat & potatoes kind of guy.

July 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We start most mornings with one of these:

I ‘Heart’ Muffins | Seeking Shade
Mountain~Mama and Ever like this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 26th, 2013, 05:52 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
Mel loves frozen whole grain waffles. Also toast, bagels, Life Cereal, Pancakes/eggs. She gets finicky too so I have to keep switching it up. Some days she wont eat anything and I dont even worry about it.

July 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
We start most mornings with one of these:

I ‘Heart’ Muffins | Seeking Shade
This is a great idea! Im going to have to find a heart muffin pan now. With my 3 year old, I used to make all sorts of fun stuff and put it in the freezer (using the wholsomebabyfood website) but now I just dont seem to have any time and am always scrambling before mealtimes to figure out what to make.

July 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas ladies. For those of you that make pancakes, do you use a mix or make it from scratch? I like to avoid foods with lots of added preservatives. But that is also part of my problem, I stress alot about feeding healthy and cant find the time to cook everything.

July 31st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela has a mixture of things for breakfast...baby cereals of various fruit flavours...Oatibix / Weetabix which is cereal that can be mashed up with milk...breakfast biscotti with different grains...soft cornflakes...banana...fruit yogurts...toast with jam or just buttered. I didn't think of muffins, fab idea!

July 31st, 2013, 09:31 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They can have egg yolks by now if you choose to give them. I actually made an egg yolk omelet with some cheese, and Jordan gobbled it up!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

July 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
That's a great point Dani! We tried Michaela with egg but she wasn't keen.

July 31st, 2013, 05:56 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cut slices of banana, dip them in pancake batter (I make homemade buttermilk ones) and cook till done. DD loves them. I haven't made them for Connor yet but plan to this weekend. They're called banana bites and I found the idea on some wholesome baby food website.

For breakfast I usually do some mixture of grains, fruit and dairy with baby oatmeal, dry toast/bread or Nutrios, yogurt or cheese, applesauce, banana or organic fruit purée. Sometimes I do a cheese omelette or scrambled eggs but he doesn't seem to like it much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search