MIA update

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 08:30 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been a bit MIA for a few days! Sorry! Matthew was diagnosed with croup today so it has a been a long few days.

He had his 1 year appt Tuesday, at the time looked great and was 22 lbs 1.5 oz (39%) 31.75 inches tall (95%) and head circumfrence of 18.2 inches (45%). He got 3 vaccines and a finger poke.

Tuesday afternoon he spiked a temp and we just figured it wad from the vaccines. He woke up multiple times that night and had an awful fever Wednesday morning so I called into work and stayed home with him and called his ped. Thursday he got better and his temp went down that afternoon. He woke up in the middle of night again and spiked a fever again and was weezing and sounded really congested. DH was freaked out (he's about to graduate respiratory therapy school) and wanted me to go to the ER when I was done nursing Matthew. He left work and I had just finished when he got home so we called his ped because he was acting better and made an appt to go in.

We went in and she said it was croup. She gave him Motrin again because he got a fever again and then gave him a steroid to help decrease the swelling in his throat. He's been doing pretty good today thankfully and we haveva follow up appt tomorrow at 9 for him.

I'm sorry for being MIA I feel like such a horrible host! I'm going to try to get on and catch up as soon as I can I just wanted to update you ladies first!

September 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww, poor little guy, hope this passes quickly for him.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
oh dear, sorry to hear! we've been through respitory issues this past winter a lot, rsv, pneumonia, & bronchiolitis so I understand what you're going through. it hurts to see them sick!! I'll say a prayer for you guys!
September 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Oh no croup is terrible! Hope he's all better fast!

September 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope sweet Matthew gets better very soon! It's always the worst when babies get sick. And right after his birthday

September 21st, 2013, 01:52 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Poor guy! Get a humidifier and run it at night. It helped a lot with Paxton because Croup is the worst at night. I hope he feels better soon.

September 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM
Thank you ladies! I've been running a cool mist humidifier and he slept through the night yesterday! Hes getting better thank goodness. It was a little extra scary for me because he was in the hospital for 3 days with an pneumonia when he was like 7 weeks old. Thankfully DH is about to graduate from Respiratory therapy school so he knows what to look for and do.

September 22nd, 2013, 06:04 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
That is definitely convenient. Glad he's starting to feel better. Word of warning, because he had croup when he gets sick after this he'll have the croup cough even without the croup. Paxton has had one mild cold and one kinda rough cold since his bout with croup and both times when he coughed he barked (unless it was a wet cough) but it was during the day and he definitely didn't have croup. I mentioned it to my friend and she said the same thing happened to her son and for years after at least once a year he would get sick woth a cough and it would be the seal bark. It just does something to their upper respiratory system. But I'm sure your husband already knows all of that so you won't panic like I did when I heard him barking again.

September 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
My sister was the same way, and she still barks like that at 28 Odd, but she also had scarlet fever at 2 years old...which is crazy weird.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 22nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Wow that's crazy! Thanks for the warning because I know I'd freak out again... probably will still lol

September 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
(for years after at least once a year he would get sick woth a cough and it would be the seal bark. ) That's interesting, cuz dd1 had croup during the night when she was little, she's 7 now... and when she coughs her cough is not normal either! Interesting!

So so glad he's doing better!
September 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww I hope that he feels better soon!

Jan 2010 August 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search