At what age did you introduce "blank"?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm curious if Im moving too fast or if I should start my 13.5 month baby to do certain things....
So...

At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles?

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it?

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck?

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib?

For me...
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? At 9 months.... but he still takes his bottles for his milk... the sippy cups is for his water and juice... He still has a problem controlling the flow.. he drinks tons and then coughs after...

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? At 13month....I try at least twice a week for dinner and when I don't guide him he takes the spoon and stabs the food and flings it everywhere!!! So much more to clean then if I were to give him his finger foods....

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? At 13 month....I have the boon potty but not sure if I like how it's designed.. So far I just have him get used to sitting on it with the diaper on but he doesn't stay seated for long.. he ens up putting mega blocks and toy cars in it...

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? Not yet... But I'm not sure if introducing a toddler bed at 18 month is too early? Baby #2 is coming around Feb (making Leo 18 month) and I need to figure out a place for baby #2

Last edited by acchickpea; September 26th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
September 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mom to Madeline
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? Introduced straw sippy cups with solids with water at 6mo. We stopped bottles cold turkey at 12mo, and went straight to whole milk in sippy cup.

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? Around 12mo, but not regularly. She can use it okay, but it's a mess. She doesn't use a spoon at every meal...more like 2 meals per week just for practice.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? I plan on potty training when she seems genuinely interested in learning. I'd imagine around 2.

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib?[/QUOTE] Im hoping we can go as long as possible in the crib!
September 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? Molly has been using a sippy cup for a while for meals and such. She does still get a bottle at night before she goes to bed and honestly I'm not sure how to get rid of it yet.

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? We have tried the spoon and mostly she just plays with it. I'll keep giving it to her occasionally just to get her used to it.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? My son was potty trained by age 2 and we started around 18 months just getting him used to it, no pressure. I will probably do the same thing with Molly, but it will depend on her. She has been known not to be anything like her brother. LOL

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? Nate was well over 2 before we did the toddler bed. We will do the same for Molly.

Jan 2010 August 2011

September 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? With Doc I introduced the sippy at six months but he didn't start ising it until after he turned one. Weaned him from his bottles by 18 months. Harper started using a sippy at six months, weaned from bottles at 18 months. Paxton started using a sippy at six months but has never used a bottle.

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? With Harper it was probably around 18 months and she didn't get the hang of it until after she was two. Paxton only plays with spoons right now and pretends to feed his sister.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? Oh good god. It took me FOREVER to potty train Harper. I tested it every six months starting around 18 months and she wasn't actually ready until close to four years old. I'm not even starting with Paxton until three, maybe two and a half.

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? Hmmmm. I want to say Doc waaaaaaaaas 3 and Harper was also 3. Paxton isn't even in his crib yet. I don't think he'll be in his crib until he's night weaned so probably around two and I'll probably do what I did with his siblings and wait until he's three to move him to a toddler bed.

Last edited by MosaicWife; September 25th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
September 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup? Pippa started using a non spill-proof sippy cup and a cup with a straw at 5 months. An open cup was introduced at 7 months.

Are you still using bottles? Yes, I have to. I pump directly into Medela bottles and put them in a cooler at work. If I were to transfer the milk to cups for the sitter, and I would have to slightly heat them to get the chilled fat off the sides, which would make the milk spoil too quickly. As long as I am nursing, I will send her milk to the sitter in Medela bottles. It is the only place she gets a bottle, therefore, I am not worried about it. She only gets the breast at home, and she gets a cup in restaurants.

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? Spoons are unnecessary. She did baby led solids and has always fed herself. We have never used spoons.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did, any luck? I have heard elimination communication can be started at birth, but I don't have time for that. My kids were all trained at 3 when they were good and ready. The end result was that it only took a few days to train them, and it was painless for everyone involved.

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? Pippa will sleep in the family bed as long as she wishes. She has a beautiful crib collecting dust. When she wants her own space, it converts into a full size bed.

September 25th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? Kyah has never took a bottle. I introduced sippy cups at 6 months. She drinks from both the regular kind and the straw ones. But, she mainly drinks from regular cups with someone holding it for her.

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? About 7-8 months. She can use one, but it is super messy!! She gets more food using her fingers, lol. If it's yogurt or applesauce it's usually either in a squeeze pouch or I am feeding it to her.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? All of my older kids did great at learning to use the potty. By 18 months, they were all trained. With Kyah, I haven't started yet. We will probably start soon though. Soon meaning within a few months.

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? We still co-sleep. Never slept in a crib. Not sure when I will introduce a toddler bed.

September 25th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? Around 6-7 months for a sippy cup of water, he also would occasionally take pumped milk in a sippy cup...he has never taken a bottle

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? He's been fed with a spoon since maybe 8-9 months...he now grabs the spoon and brings it to his mouth decently...he is definitely NOT proficient at getting food on the spoon himself though lol.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? We have a potty but he has no interest. He does know when he's going...pee he stops and stands there, poop he squats...but he does not want to sit on the potty...just hide things in it

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? He started in his crib around 6.5 months and I'd like to have him either on a mattress on the floor or in a toddler bed by 2 years...we can't afford 2 cribs, and I'll need to move his little brother or sister into the crib around 6 months again. He's a climber so I suspect it will be before then anyways from a safety perspective.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 26th, 2013, 12:06 AM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? We introduced the sippy around 10 months and she was on it permanently by 11 months

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? We haven't done that yet.

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? She is only turning 1 tomorrow so still too soon for us, probably introduce her when she is 18 months.

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? Toddler bed will also be around 16 months, that is when we are moving out oldest to a twin bed when she turns 3 years old .

Team Pink!

September 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At what age did you introduce a sippy cup to ween off of bottles? Are you still using bottles? we introduced a sippy around 10 ish months I think. He never took to it for milk but he gets a sippy with water daily and loves it. I've tryed cows milk in it but hes just not taking it yet. were ill BFing to and weaning is not going so well yet lol

At what age did you introduce using a spoon? If you did.. are they successful at it? 4 months technically lol but I've givin him one during some meals but he just makes a mess and chews on the handle end lol

At what age did you introduce using the potty and start to potty train? If you did any luck? nothing yet and not until around 2 and a half or he seems interested

At what age did you introduce sleeping on a toddler bed and not using a crib? not yet either and not untill like 3 or something, I'll look up recomindations and go from there

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search