A few clothe questions

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2013, 04:10 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

How are you "storing" clothes that your LO is currently wearing? Do you hang them or put them in a dresser? Do you put outfits together or have any other organizing routine you do when putting clothes away?

Summer has SO many clothes now that we just got some hand me downs from a friend. I don't know what to do with it all. I HATE folding laundry but hanging outfits (like a pant and shirt on the same hanger) is also a pain in the butt if you ask me lol. I've been hanging everything but today I decided to fold it all and see if that goes better for me. What a pain, but it probably wouldn't be so bad if I did her laundry more then twice a month!!! hahaha

For those of you having more kids and putting stuff away, how are you packing clothing? We came across Ziplock storage bags and they are AMAZING. Highly recommend the x-lrg ones! We filled 3 of them and a medium one and threw them all in a oversize rubbermaid storage bin.

September 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of Kyah's clothes are hung on hangers by outfits. There are still a lot of clothes that are shirts and bottoms that are not actually outfits. A lot of those are folded and stacked on shelves above the area where her clothes are hung. She has outgrown a ton of clothes already and I have kept them all. They are in Rubbermaid plastic storage bins along with a few duffel bags. My older kids have a ton of storage bins of clothes as well. Most storage bins are in closets atm. We have a few huge closets upstairs thankfully.

September 30th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Rubbermaid totes by size. I also put onsies together, pants together, etc. within the bin.

The totes are then stored in our basement, so they'll need airing out before they get used again!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 30th, 2013, 06:22 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use the dresser mostly, I have a few things hung up in the closet, but not many - like the one piece things. and I almost always forget they are in there. haha!

I have long sleeve onesies and long pants in one drawer. And long sleeve shirts paired with a onesie to go underneath. in another drawer.

jammies in another drawer.

still have some summer clothes out, but will be packing them up net week.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

September 30th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
We buy all Pippa's clothes from Gymboree. Since they are all matching lines, we hang up all the clothes from the same lines together. I clip the matching socks and bloomers to the hangers as well. She has rows of matching outfits, sometimes duplicates in case a favorite one gets damaged or stained. We fluff them dry with no heat or hang them up wet. We hang them up in the laundry room. We bought special double hangers for all her sets. When they are dry, they are moved to closets. It's a huge task, and it takes a lot of time. Everyone helps, though. Yesterday, it took over an hour for Jessica and I to sort her clothes and hang them up. She probably had 30 outfits to be organized since the sitter changes her once, and then we change her at home. Once she outgrows a line, we move them to a sealed Tupperware box.

September 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For clothes he is currently wearing, I put them all in his dresser. I bought hangers with the intention of hanging some clothes up, but that never happened It probably would for a girl though (for dresses and nicer outfits... boys are easy )
We have the top drawer full of bibs and socks, next drawer is all of his shirts and onesies (both long and short sleeved), third drawer is pants and a few pairs of shorts, and the bottom drawer has sweatshirts and jackets as well as his pajamas. DH gets mad when I don't lay clothes out for Jordan because he has a hard time remembering what drawer has what, so I have to keep it them same through every size change. I would love to keep outfits together, but it would get too confusing for hubby (men...) But I'm pretty good at remembering to get Jordan's clothes out the night before, and I'm very good at remembering what pants go with what shirts.

For the outgrown items, they are in storage bins and currently in the attic. I tried to keep each size together, but I know some stragglers are in larger-sized bins. Whenever we are getting ready for #2 I will probably be washing all of the older stuff anyway, and then I can get all the sizes back to where the are supposed to be.

September 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I put all of Matthews clothes he currently wearing in his dresser. the top 2 drawers are for his clothes and I have in the left one, jammies, pants, shorts (for now) and onesies then on the right jumpers, creapers (for now) long sleeve shirts and short sleeve shirts and shoes. I have his sweaters and jackets hanging in the closet and the bigger clothes hes not in yet I hang up in the closet.

Were keeping everything for him as well since hes our first and we plan on having more kiddos. I store them in big storage tubs and have 2 filled right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search