Veggies and Meat for baby (mine isn't having it)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By MommyofAngels1985
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 1 Post By Pinkhighheels27
  • 1 Post By mzshell13
  • 1 Post By Sherry777
  • 1 Post By acmd03
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By aubers68
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your baby eat veggies and/or meat? Kyah refuses all meat and only eats corn and peas as far as veggies. Any tips or tricks to get babies to eat either of these, or both?

Last edited by Blessed Mommy Of 5; October 23rd, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
October 23rd, 2013, 10:02 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I'm not sure bc my girls will eat anything you put in front of them. With Sophie when she was a year old I used to mix her vegetables in with something she loved like mashed potatoes.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

Team Pink!

October 24th, 2013, 02:30 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Matthew will eat pretty much everything I put in front of him to. Veggies are ify though, I'm going to try the mix it with something idea though! No advice other that to lol

October 24th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Search toddler muffins. The recipes typically contain carrots, squash, zucchini....and bananas, oatmeal or oatbran, etc. Cam goes crazy for them and has no idea its vegetables.

He also enjoys the pouches. I give him those when I'm worried about his veggie intake,

Stews. Some reason he will eat veggies in stews much better than any other way. Not sure if its the extra flavouring from sitting in broth?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 24th, 2013, 07:58 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Yep, muffins are a great way to hide veggies. Pasta and sauce is a great one too and mixing in mashed potatoes. Paxton likes veggies and meat and I swear it's because we skipped purees and started him out on stews and mixing his food together.

October 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mom to Madeline
Madeline likes most veggies and most meats. I make sure to season her veggies well and tear meat in very small pieces so easier to chew...otherwise, she will spit it out.
October 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
My son was the pickiest eater- wouldn't eat ANY veggies or meat until he was 2, and then only chicken nuggets because I was desperate. I kept giving him the baby food pouches (especially the ones with spinach) to keep him regular. I gave him peanut butter and eggs, etc. to supplement the lack of protein.

October 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa will eat small amounts of whatever I am eating, but she particularly loves green beans, pinto beans, asparagus, broccoli, carrots and salad. We waited a long time to introduce food, 8 months, and then we did baby led solids. I take food from my plate and let her feed herself. That seems to work best- when she is in control. She will eat ground beef in small amounts. However, the other night, George made grass fed beef burgers with gouda, and she spit each bite in the floor.

October 24th, 2013, 05:12 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Mixing them in with something else or baking them into things helps. Also, I know people get really worked up about salt, but honestly, some kind of seasoning makes a huge difference. Most veggies and even meat are not very appetizing without something for flavor.

Lincoln goes through stages. For awhile he refused to touch chicken. Now he'll eat that, but not fish. He used to LOVE green beans, but now he'll only eat corn and peas. Try not to worry too much about it if she completely refuses, it will probably all change with some time

October 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Same boat. My MIL can get Oz to eat ground beef and some pork but I don't know how because he wont touch meat for me unless its on pizza.

He's not keen on veggies either. He'll eat sweet potato fries whole (must not be cut up) and frozen peas (must not be thawed) . Otherwise ya... I've started pureeing some veggies and mixing them with applesauce. He loves applesauce and doesn't know the difference.

Pinterest
Flickr
October 24th, 2013, 09:26 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer is hit or miss. Lately I've been buying veggie soups and straining the veggies out and giving them to her like that because she actually eats them this way. When I try to prepare them for her she hardly touches them! Carrots, potatoes and sweet potatoes are the only ones she will eat if I cook them up for her. She was loving tomatoes but I think she has a reaction to the acidity in them. She LOVEs chicken no matter how we prepare it. Beef and fish has been iffy. She will devour some steak, but beef cooked any other way she won't touch. Not even in stews, or ground hamburger. Sometimes I get worried because she will go through phases where she will not eat, so I try to have the pouches around because she will almost always eat/drink one of those.

October 25th, 2013, 11:17 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I like everyone's suggestion on seasoning. I never season Oz's veggies, I might try lightly salting.

I wanted to add I was talking to a girl with a 4 YO and a 3 YO today and she said meat was the very last food they started to enjoy, and her 3YO still has difficulty chewing it and thus doesn't want to eat it very much.

Pinterest
Flickr
October 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kyah won't eat mashed potatoes either I love the idea of those muffins and also seasoning the veggies, and the stew. I haven't tried feeding Kyah stew, so maybe she would eat that!

About a week ago I made home made oven baked breaded chicken breast strips and Kyah loved them. She kept reaching for more shreds of chicken. I thought maybe it was just that day. I will have to try it again though!
Jessimaaka likes this.

October 25th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam hates mashed potatoes, mini potatoes, fries, etc. So hard to hide things!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You can try cheese on it like broccoli with cheese? Idk I try not to worry to much ya Aden is picky but if you only give them healthy options you don't have much to worry about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search