Chat thread

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Anybody interested? I love the random chat about anything threads. Hosts, what do you think?

Last edited by MosaicWife; November 23rd, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
November 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
For sure - wanna edit your title and we'll make this it?

Cam's new favourite thing is a remote control truck. A month ago he was terrified of it and now he wants us to run it into him. He constantly brings us the remote. And its a bit difficult for him to press, so if we aren't fast enough he starts pushing the truck around LOL.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Haha! You old people are too slow for him

Had such a lazy saturday. Seriously did nothing but hang out at the apartment and let the kids make a mess. Left the house long enough to run down and pick up Paxton's new shoes from my mom's house. I get stuff delivered to her place because UPS cannot seem to find our apartment.

November 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
I love getting mail/packages. I'd be so mad if the post office couldn't find my address Although it did happen a lot at our old apartment. There were several of the same buildings and they seemed to always mix them all up.

I finally took the picture for our Christmas card. Well, we attempted last week, but it was an epic fail. I am so excited about how today's will turn out. Coming to a siggy near you soon lol.

We also have -16 degree weather tonight (3.2 F). Not cool! And apparently the roads are super slick. I had a bubble bath, and Cam has only woken up once so far...poor little guy has been teething like mad, drool, bright red cheeks, his face is in so much pain, he loves jawline rubs from DH. One is definitely a molar coming through, and I think possibly his last front bottom tooth.

Jess
November 24th, 2013, 12:18 PM
We have never done Christmas cards. We are far too lazy for all that. Haha! I'm jealous of everybody who does do them but it's something I have to be realistic about being married ro the king of procrastination.

It is FREEZING today! Not freezing like where you are Jessica but seriously frickin' cold. It was 70 degrees a few days ago so this came as a bit of a shock to everybody.

I dowloaded the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who today and I'm dying to watch it but I have chores to do first. Booooooo!

November 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah...today is FREEZING! I only went out to do groceries, grab a Christmas gift on sale for Cam, and then to my parents for dinner. Its NEVER this cold in November. I'm scared of what it is going be like in January which is typically the coldest!

I've never watched Doctor Who. I've also never read anything about it or anything so I have no idea anything about it. But I've seen tons of statuses and such in my newsfeed this weekend lol.

Its been a while since we had someone over to our house (we usually go to others), but friends came by with their 22 month old today. Cam was SO shy. He's normally so outgoing and right up in people's faces lol. It was SO funny to see him act that way. I know at daycare he's nothing like that either.

Although the 22 month old was pretty darn cute. She has such amazing eyes and an interesting hair colour....and a mullet lol, poor girl, they're hoping it starts to grow out soon hahaha.

Jess
November 25th, 2013, 07:55 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brrr it's getting super cold here too! YUCK! I really hate the cold. Wish I could move out of Michigan just because of it LOL

I've also seen tons of posts about Doctor Who as well. Never really even heard of it until this weekend!

November 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Sorry it's cold where you all are. You should come visit. It's in the high 60s/low 70s F for the foreseeable future here.
AllyssaM and aubers68 like this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
November 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Adrienne!! Nice name change

November 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
You've never heard of DW?! DISOWNED.

Seriously though I only discovered it a few years after it cane back on. My best friend told me to check it out, 20 minutes in and I literally said, "Where has this been all my life?"

So jealous of all you peeps that have started Christmas shopping. The King of Procrastination keeps blowing it off.

Today has been so emotional for me. I legit broke down over Dominic's disorder like I only have one other time right after his diagnosis. I scared Harper who then brought me Piglet, a necklace and a blanket, gave me a hug and told me to stop crying. She can be amazing sometimes though she's mostly annoying.

Paxton hasn't napped all day and started nodding off in his high chair during dinner so I took him out and as soon as his head hit my shoulder he was out. Poor guy.

November 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's freezing here too. We currently have a mix of rain/ice/snow coming down and it is 33 degrees. The snow won't stick of course, that is how it usually works here. If we are going to have the cold weather might as well have snow with it!!

My sd card in my phone went dead. I had most of the pics/videos on it saved except for the last 5-6 days. Sucks! I have other cards to replace it but still, I hate losing pics and memories!!

My dh wanted to feel the holiday spirit he said so he wanted the Christmas tree up. Yesterday, I decided to go ahead and put it up only to find that out of several strings of lights only 2 would come on!! So, I messed with them for what seemed like forever and didn't get anywhere. Boo!!

November 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Oh that's sad! I lost my SD card a few months after Harper was born and lost so many pictures of her as a baby. Just yesterday my SiL found some old pictures of her and some of them were pictures I thought I would never see again. I was so happy I almost cried.

November 25th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, Harper sounds so sweet!! That is great that you got some pictures of Harper that you thought you would never again see! Awesome!

Kyah hasn't napped today at all. It is already 7:25 and her bath is usually at 8. I have a feeling she will fall asleep during her bath again!

November 25th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hope you're doing better about Dominic today Missa! Harper has her uses sometimes

Adrienne, I am jealous of your weather. We are -15C with windchill again tonight. SOOOOOO cold. The car is getting warmed up for 10 minutes minimum in the morning! Aubrey...you should come move to Canada lol Not that its any warmer but I'm here!

Poor Cam. He has 2 naps on the weekends, and will not nap in the morning at daycare. He is EXHAUSTED by the time we get home at 4:30. But on weekends, he gets that 2nd nap and is good till closer to 7. I am getting a bit frustrated with this daycare provider (another post for another day) so even though we were considering sending him 2 mornings a week from a socialization perspective while I'm on mat leave again, we've decided to pull him. We'll just be going to the library classes and such instead.

Michelle, that sucks so much to lose the card. I once dropped my cell phone in the toilet...not a fan!

I wanted to put up the tree this past weekend but DH said no...so it will happen this weekend. I blasted Christmas music to combat his scrooge-ness

I can't believe Kyah will fall asleep in her bath! Bath time is Cam's favourite and he will stay in there for 45 minutes and shrivel into a prune if we let him.

Jess
November 26th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I'm a Scrooge. Bahumbug. Not really I just hate people putting up their trees before Thanksgiving. It just seems wrong. We rearranged the living room furniture last weekend to stop Paxton from climbing into the windowsill and it helped because now this weekend we can just plop the tree up.

Domnic used to fall asleep in the bath. Still would if he took his sleep meds too long before before bath time.

November 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Hi all! We all had a stomach virus {all but DH} yesterday. So I had the 3 year old home from school - She only threw up in the middle of the night and was fine all day. The baby on the other hand was a mess, and she doesnt drink much from cups so I was letting her nurse basically as much as she wanted. Which in turn had me dehydrated and exhausted come 7:00pm bedtime. Thank God DH was home all day to help out!

Everyone seems better today - So back to school Em went and back to house work for me. Boo!

I can't wait to put up our Christmas decorations! However, I am not looking forward to having a little terror all up in it again. I am thinking we'll have to put the gate up around it, which I HATE, but such is life with a toddlerbaby, lol.

November 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Our Thanksgiving was in October so its after here!

I can't wait to see everything up too Allyssa! Hope you guys are still feeling better.

I have probably 70% of my shopping done. Mostly DH and Cam left. And then lots and lots of wrapping!

Jess
November 27th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Haha! Good point! Well in that case you have my blessing to trick out your house in all sorts of Christmasy decorations.

Allyssa, I'm glad that didn't last long for you guys. My BIL built a small wall around their tree one year and had their oldest draw on it. Maybe Em would like to do something like that?

Two sickies here. Probably staying home with them tomorrow and sending Bobby and Doc to Thanksgiving dinner. I'm bummed but what else can I do? They have colds and are contagious. I don't want to spread germs.

November 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying their thanksgiving! Whether you got your dinner today or its tomorrow (I've gathered they happen on both? Canada is different hahahaha).

Its crazy how Black Friday is catching on in Canada...still nothing near the deals in the US, but even 5 years ago there was nothing. Our big shopping day is Boxing Day (Dec 26), which is a stat holiday for us. Everyone is trying to sell off their Christmas stock. Some places are saying the Black Friday prices are the same as the Boxing Day prices will be. As much as I love saving on stuff I buy for gifts, I kinda prefer the Boxing Day one since my Christmas money goes farther (last year got a $2200 mattress for $1100). But either way, I'll be shopping at both

Jess
November 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
AlyssaM, So sorry to hear you got the flu bug, we all had it too, except dh!! So thankful I waited till the kids were basically done with it, cuz it seriously wiped me out
Ok, I have an odd question.... is there something like using hand sanitizer too much?? dh like never uses it, and he thinks that's why he was the only one in the house who didn't get sick. It's not like I use it all the time tho', but when I'm out shopping etc. I usually get the kids to put some on when we get back in the vehicle, or if we're at a park, and for sure before we eat if we eat out. etc.
Just wondering.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search