A DITL of Jenn & Ozzy

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee
  • 1 Post By aquariussweety21

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I did this on Wednesday but photobucket took forever to upload my photos so just posting now!

Good morning! Ozzy wakes up bright and early at 7:20 a.m.

All of a sudden Daddy appears. Yay says Oz.

That doesn't last, Pearce puts him down to shower for work and Oz has a tantrum at being locked out of the bathroom.

I decide to get him dressed, which he doesn't care for either.

Ready to take on the day:

We find a dog on our way to the kitchen. Meet Caesar:

It's still dark out and the cat wants inside so I put Oz in his high chair and let Hunter in. Looks like it snowed overnight.

Ozzy hasn't had cereal in a while so we try a new one for Breakfast. This was just released in Canada so my grocery store had it on for a special promo price.

Yummmmmy

I go say goodbye to Pearce,

and come back to find Oz drinking the milk from the bowl.

I had cereal too, but I was still hungry so I go make some peanut butter toast:

As I'm toasting the bread I realize the dogs want outside. Pearce slept in so no time to walk them this morning.

Ozzy won't share my toast and gets mad at his cereal so breakfast is over. He helps me do the dishes instead.

We give breakfast another go after the dishes...

Someone's in a better mood:

Caesar finishes the crumbs.

I put the dishwasher on before bed so Ozzy helps me empty it. He likes handing me the utensils.

All done!

My MIL had my diaper bag while we are on vacation so I clean it out, it's full of crap.

I give Oz some kitchen "toys" to occupy him while I look up the time of a new playgroup we are going to check out this morning.

He then plays hide and seek with the curtains while I make the bed:

He was fussing while I was getting dressed and presentable so I give him his toothbrush. He loves brushing his teeth.

Laundry bin is full but it'll have to wait a bit because electricity is at peak prices first thing in the morning.

We go downstairs to feed the dogs and Ozzy tries to eat a bunch of their food. I gave him some milk when we got back upstairs to wash him mouth out. Yuck.

Time to go!

Oz doesn't enjoy the snow while I clean off the car. It's been snowing since I got up so there's a fair bit to do.

Ready to hit the road.

This is where our day starts to take a turn for the worse. First I go to the wrong church for the playgroup, having never been there before. We get to the right church and find the drive blocked by a police car. A woman comes running up to tell me "Playgroup is cancelled, someone broke into the church!" You gotta be kidding me!

Well after all that I wasn't to be discouraged. There's another playgroup Wednesday mornings in a nearby village but I don't usually go if its snowing because the weather is very unpredictable here. I decide to brave the journey...

Well the weather gets worse and we arrive 10 minutes later to find it's been cancelled too! What luck!

On the way home we have to wait for a snowplow.

This is the backway to the village, I'm glad I took the highway instead the visibility looks very poor.

We arrive home and Oz is asleep, but it doesn't last long.

We picked up the mail while we were out so Ozzy has a snack while I open it.

How exciting! We got our first Christmas Card from a card exchange we are doing.

We also have a special surprise from Oz's great aunt - a Santa outfit and another Christmas card.

All this snow and Christmas cards, I decide to start decorating for the holidays. I take down my autumn wreath and we head downstairs to get out the decorations. Up goes the baby gate.

Hmmmm what toys shal I play with while mommy works?

I know!

Why it's cookie monster:

I find The Grinch with Jim Carrey in the Christmas box.

Wow look at all that glitter.

This was Oz's "My 1st Christmas" stocking from last year. I can't believe how much has changed in a year.

I get the stockings up and the wreath and that's about as far as I made it. The teddy stocking was mine as a kid. I haven't decided if I'll give it to Oz or if I will get him his own stocking yet.

Time for lunch! He never eats very much at noon.

But I'm starving. I was craving buffalo chicken sandwhich with dill pickles so I fried up some leftover chicken.

Ozzy washes down his measly lunch with some milk.

And then I send him off for a nap.

While he's sleeping I do the dishes, the laundry, some invoices and research on Pearce's christmas gift.

When Oz wakes up he's in no mood for fun. He hides from the camera when I bust it out:

I distract him from his woes with a snack.

That's better.

Snack time doesn't last long; he gets bored and starts cleaning the house.

I decide that means its time to get outside. I put his snow pants on for the first time - they're a bit big.

The dogs are ready for some fun, so we play fetch.

But Oz still isn't too sure about the snow.

I decide to go for a walk and put the dogs back inside. We haven't been for a walk in a while.

I have to stop half way through the walk to pump up one of the tires. I think it might have a slow leak.

On the way home we spot this little snowman.

I'm tired now. I hang everything up to dry and we head downstairs to the family room to relax and kill some time until Pearce gets home.

Oz gets out some toys and I put That 70's Show on.

He started climbing on everything while we were away:

Hi there

Yay Daddy is home - it's a party now!

I'm getting hungry again so I leave the munchkin with Pearce and head upstairs to get dinner plated. We're just having leftovers tonight, nothing special.

After dinner I decide to make some chocolate chip cookies. Oz helps me out.

We had a little incident during our baking adventure though. I didn't turn the egg beater off before I pulled it out of the bowl and Oz tried to grab the beaters. His hand got hurt and he started crying, but after some cuddles everything checked out fine.

Aren't they ready yet?

Pearce and Winston give Oz a bath... or Oz gives Winston a bath - I'm not sure.

Ready for bed:

That was a long day. I'm ready for the weekend already.

Pinterest
Flickr
November 29th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Very cute family and doggies! I love the snow so jealous!!

You had a fun filled day thats for sure! Thanks for posting!

November 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Love this!!!! You're such a good photographer

I am SUPER jealous of your snow. Send some down here!

I got Laura's card too this week! Cameron also eats the dog's food (yuck!). Where did you get the bowl with the straw? I've been looking everywhere for them.

Thanks so much for sharing! I loved your day! Too bad you didn't get to playgroup though.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Thanks. I got it at Walmart actually, but there were only a couple and the people at the cash register couldn't even figure out the price so I'm not sure they carry a lot of them. It was in the section with the regular dinnerware, not the baby section.
Jessimaaka likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
November 30th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'll have to take a look!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I love your pictures but not so much your snow. Sorry you got all ready and left the coziness of your house for no reason. I would have been really frustrated but it looks like you both had a fun day anyway.

December 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also loved this!! Your pictures are beautiful and Ozzy is so handsome!! It looks like you guys had lots of fun despite the playgroups being cancelled! My first thought when I saw that bowl was....omg, I have got to get one (or some) of those. I will also be checking for them at Walmart! Perfect for cereal at this age!! Thank you so much for sharing your day with us!
one.juniper likes this.

December 7th, 2013, 09:38 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I love it! You guys seem to have a very full day! Thank you for sharing!
one.juniper likes this.

December 19th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really loved this. What nice pics! He is quite the little helper doing dishes and housework lol. Too cute!
one.juniper likes this.

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

December 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
Loved seeing your day! Interesting about different electricity prices. Haven't heard that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search