Chronic ear infections!??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2014, 12:58 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Ok, so is there anyone here that is dealing with or has dealt with ear infections that just will NOT clear up??

AJ just got finished with his 2nd ten-day course of antibiotics. It's been quite a mess, beings the Dr. overdosed him this last time. But yea I know they are human and make mistakes too. But that led to a lot of unpleasant symptoms.

But then after we got that figured out, & he finished his last dose, I figured he'd finally be cured. But this morning in church he kept pulling at his ears and saying ow, ow.

I guess it could possibly be from teething pains too.. idk...

He has been sleeping so horrible again that we've just been letting him sleep with us. And he had been doing SO good!!

So, I know tubes are an option, and someone mentioned chiropractor... but I just don't know if there would be a more natural route to try before that. For some reason it scares me to have them crack around his neck beings he's so young, and tubes seem like a big step right now.

So yea, any help would be greatly appreciated!
March 16th, 2014, 11:56 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I'm so sorry! Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon! As for advice I'm sorry I have no experience with ear infections at all! I hope you guys can figure something out though. I agree tubes seem like a big step but if this is a constant issue then maybe it is worth going over again.

March 19th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I had chronic ear infections until I was 3. My parents decided to put tubes in my ears. I am deaf in one ear because one hole would not heal due to chronic allergies and continued infections. Also, I had several surgeries to repair the hole; therefore, I have scar tissue built up too. I would try holistic remedies first: essential oils or chiropractic care.

March 24th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Super Mommy
Lurking from June DDC...

This randomly caught my attention, but I will share that I NEVER heard our chiropractor "crack" my son's neck. Her touch is also super gentle with him. All she does is squeeze or pinch the back of his neck.

My son was 16 months old and had 6 ear infections in 5 months. The doc said tubes and I said not yet. I searched for an alternative and I called my chiropractor and asked if she could help. She said absolutely. So, my mom and dad, husband and i, and even my sister would schedule our appointments to go and whoever went that day had to take my son with them. In one month he probably went a dozen times or so. With 5 of us, someone was also on her schedule.

At the next appointment, the 18 month check up, the doc looked at me and asked "Is this the same kid?? What happened to those nasty ears he had?" And I told her, so from that point on every sniffle he had that was a result of congestion would earn a visit or two to the chiropractor to get things draining properly. It got to he point where he would cry if I had to take him to the pediatrician because he only wanted the chiropractor.

I wouldn't hesitate to find a gentle chiropractor and get your child in there frequently. It was amazing for us.

April 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Veteran
My DD got tubes at 7 months after three months of constant ear infections. She is 20 months and we have not have ANY ear infections since the tubes were put in.

Nathaniel "Nate"
May 1st, 2014, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't read all the way through, but Kathy Marie had gotten 4 ear infections in a period of a month + 16+ others in a period of 6 months, and was referred to the ENT doctor. Got tubes in beginning of April. I'd definitely consult your doctor in regards to tubes. They are not terribly bad and she hasnt had any real issue sense the tubes. All she has to do is wear ear plugs and a ear band to make sure water doesnt enter in... and the tubes will stay in for 1-2 years and automatically fall out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search