Branch out with your cooking by participating in this fun challenge with weekly themes. You can join any time in 2012!
Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.
We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Df and I dont get to have meals together very often, so I squeezed my egg dish in for lunch today! He loved the new dish and even had some ideas for variations.
1. Preheat the broiler and set over rack as close to broiler part as possible.
2. In a bowl, whisk 5 eggs, 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of milk, 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 ounces of asparagus (cut into 1/2 inch pieces) and 2 ounces of Canadian bacon (chopped into pieces). Cook until asparagus is tender (~4 mins).
4. Reduce heat to low, then add in the egg mixture. Stir gently to distribute the fillings. Cover and cook until the bottom sets (~9mins).
5. Remove the cover, add one more tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on top. Put the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly.
6. Let sit for 5 mins before unmolding. Serve warm or room temperature.
Serves 2 as a main dish but could easily be served with something else as a side dish!