Questions from a first time mom -to- be

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Alright girls, you told me to ask so here goes:

-Does my Temp Drop mean anything? How long should I keep temping?

-When should I go to the doctor? I havent called yet because I wanted to wait until I technically missed a period and was worried I'd fail a HPT in the doctors office since I heard they are not as sensitive

-I'm leaving for a business trip on Sunday, I'm super nervous about the new scanner things at the airport, do I just tell them "No, I'm pregnant"? I dont know why but defying authority scares me!

Thanks in advance!

January 23rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally would not worry about temping anymore, some woman continue until AF would be due. Most Ob's see you for your first check up 8-12 weeks after your LMP. I myself will be going a little bit earlier since I am a high risk patient. So go ahead and give them a ring just in case they need to check your insurance coverage. As for the airport I am not sure how that will fly lol, but you can certainly express your concern.

January 23rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure about the temp question myself, I'm sure one of the other ladies can answer.

When would you start AF? If it were me, I would call dr, and let them know you got a positive HPT, that you're due to start AF on ______ day, and maybe book to go in for a test that day or when they can get you in.

As for the flight, just be sure you tell them, they should instruct you on procedure and you can tell them your concerns if you have any at that point. Good luck, I hope you have a smooth flight!
January 23rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
I don't really know when AF is supposed to start. I have an average of 30 day cycles, so normall it would have been like 1/28. But, my first month temping, I O'd super early, so I know it pushed up when my period would be due? FF says tomorrow but that would make for a 26 day cycle and I've never had a 26 day cycle... so of course I dont really know. I was thinking I'd go with Thursday since that'd be a 28 day cycle.

My concern with the airport is that they have installed those new MRI Scanner like things where you have to go inside and it scans you up and down. I read its harmful to pregnant women...so I guess I'll just tell them that I dont feel comfortable doing it.

January 23rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hey, Josie. Just lurking but wanted to respond.

Just notify the TSA agent that you're pregnant, and they will pull you aside and just do a manual check. Don't worry... they'll have a lady do it. You know how they sometimes flag people just to pull over and pat down? That's all they'll be doing with you. Definitely say something because it is your right, and they won't make a fuss over it. Trust me, they get it from pregnant women all the time.

As for the temping, I would stop! Little fluctuations are just going to drive you crazy.

And call your doctor soon, just because it can sometimes take a while to get in to be seen. And don't worry about the test sensitivity. You can just be insistent that you've taken a zillion HPTs and they're all positive. They should listen to you. And by now, I would imagine your pregnancy will pick up even on their crappy tests.

Good luck.

January 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
martinchic's Avatar TTC # 1
I agree with Adrienne,

I would DEFINATELY stop temping, as every fluctuation is going to drive you insane!!
January 23rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Ok Good advice ladies!! I won't mind turning off that alarm set for 4:45 either!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search