Thinking ahead... names!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you considering names yet?

What style of names to you lean towards?

Do you have any name books or sites you would recommend to other mommies here?

Who gets the ultimate say in your baby's name?

How many middle names?

Have you started a list already?
January 25th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a few name's that I have come up with. If we have another girl I really like London Paige. I do not go with the trendy names of the year, nor use a name book. Dh and I usually agree easily, but I am the name picker lol.

January 25th, 2012, 05:45 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Love the name very nice.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
January 25th, 2012, 05:53 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I think we are pretty set on our boys name: Emmett. I prefer names that are not common, but not too "new age" if you know what I mean. Somewhere in the middle.

I like going to the US Census websites and looking for popular names of the early 1900's.... its nice to go there because you can look at any decade!

We don't have middle names yet and haven't locked down a girls name, but our front runner at this point is Noelle!

I'm so excited to talk names, but I think we will wait until after the gender reveal to discuss it furthur since we already had a good idea of what we liked before preg. I want to have some fun with it after we know the sex!

January 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Well if its a boy, we will use our boy name from my last pregnancy.. Maddox Blake! Girl, well that eill be hard one since it was super hard for us to decide on dd's name, Cheyenne Breigh..
I like different names & spellings!
And we just look different places & throw names out there.
January 25th, 2012, 06:48 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't really thought about it. My boys all have J names, so we will probably continue that trend.

January 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh it's never too early to start thinking about names in my book

DH is kind of picky but we like the same types of names so that helps . . . traditional but fairly uncommon names, typically names that were popular in the early 1900s usually. For example, Genevieve

For boy names I like Theodore August (DH's family has a name history of Theodore with an A middle name so we would call him August because I LOVE that name) and Cal (probably short for Caleb or Callahan and not Calvin, because Calvin means bald).

For girls I'm pretty settled on Isla. Isla Carolene after DH's second sister. Genevieve is Genevieve Madalyn after DH's first sister. Not too many names flow with Carolene, but Isla does (I think). We have a Scottish last name so Isla would be pretty fitting that way too. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandJC View Post
I think we are pretty set on our boys name: Emmett. I prefer names that are not common, but not too "new age" if you know what I mean. Somewhere in the middle.

I like going to the US Census websites and looking for popular names of the early 1900's.... its nice to go there because you can look at any decade!
LOVE the name Emmett, that is right up our alley! And we go to the census records too

January 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
mommacache's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:

We don't have middle names yet and haven't locked down a girls name, but our front runner at this point is Noelle!

I'm so excited to talk names, but I think we will wait until after the gender reveal to discuss it furthur since we already had a good idea of what we liked before preg. I want to have some fun with it after we know the sex!
Emmett is out first choice at the moment if it's a boy. DH even asked me if we're having an "Emmett". We like older names that aren't super popular. I really like "E" names. I have no idea for girls names. I always find that's a harder choice. This time I don't want to name the baby until I've met him/her for a little while.

January 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
OMG! I love that Emmett is so popular around here. It's been our fav. forever! Funny there could be 2 Emmetts born only a few days apart potentially!

I also really like Isla. Its beautiful! an August is one of my favorites. My DH went to college at "Augustana" so he thinks August is too close to that, but we've discussed it!

My name is Josephine (Josie is a nn) after my great grandmother and I've always loved it. People have heard of it, but I was always the only Josie in the class

I was thinking how I'd really like to work our mothers names in some how....but DH's Mom is Cheryl and my mom is Susan, neither great for middle names, especially since my mom doesnt like when people call her "Sue" Boo!

Last edited by JandJC; January 25th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
January 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
We have 1 boy & 1 girl name picked out & are 99% sure they're what we'll be going with, even though I have issues with the boy name.

I don't know why I don't feel like sharing the actual names just yet (kind of feel like it will 'jinx' things...I dunno...sorry, just being weird). I'll probably share a little later on & you girls can help me work out how to get DH to change his mind about the boy name haha!
January 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
OMG! I love that Emmett is so popular around here. It's been our fav. forever! Funny there could be 2 Emmetts born only a few days apart potentially!

I also really like Isla. Its beautiful! an August is one of my favorites. My DH went to college at "Augustana" so he thinks August is too close to that, but we've discussed it!

My name is Josephine (Josie is a nn) after my great grandmother and I've always loved it. People have heard of it, but I was always the only Josie in the class

I was thinking how I'd really like to work our mothers names in some how....but DH's Mom is Cheryl and my mom is Susan, neither great for middle names, especially since my mom doesnt like when people call her "Sue" Boo!
You know what other name I love? Everett. In the 200 most popular of the 1900s decade. If you had twin boys and like matchy names you could always have Emmett and Everett

I like Merry instead of Mary too but that's not traditional. And MIL's name is Miriam . . . I've always kind of thought the nickname Miri is cute, but I don't know.

January 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh i've got tons I like... a few that DH and I actually BOTH like are (girl) Molly, Adele, Eliot, Georgia. (boy) Truman, Ezra, Felix, Silas, Finn...

I could go on for days. Girl names are much harder for me though.

January 25th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I must admit this is like lightening speed Dh, and I agreed upon the names. London Paige or Aiden Michael (Aiden I have had since having any children!)

January 26th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian713 View Post
You know what other name I love? Everett. In the 200 most popular of the 1900s decade. If you had twin boys and like matchy names you could always have Emmett and Everett

I like Merry instead of Mary too but that's not traditional. And MIL's name is Miriam . . . I've always kind of thought the nickname Miri is cute, but I don't know.
That is a super cute idea. I can't imagine twin boys....so much work! I love Miri too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettos-n-sippys View Post
oh i've got tons i like... A few that dh and i actually both like are (girl) molly, adele, eliot, georgia. (boy) truman, ezra, felix, silas, finn...

I could go on for days. Girl names are much harder for me though.
love georgia!!!!!

January 26th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loving all of the names here! Naming is such a monumental task for me, and I often sit down when I have the time and nothing more to do an look around at different names for future kids!
January 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a boy and girl name set in stone

Maverick Jude

Paisley Grace

we have a Brylie Ann and a Hunter Sam

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
January 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
faith*hope*love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you considering names yet? We know if it is a girl then Hannah will be in the name somewhere in memory of DH's sister

What style of names to you lean towards? I like unique names, I know that doesn't seem like it with Hannah, but any other name will be unique

Do you have any name books or sites you would recommend to other mommies here? Not yet

Who gets the ultimate say in your baby's name? I would like for both of us to agree together

How many middle names? Just one

Have you started a list already? Not yet...

I really like everyone else's names too!
January 26th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran
If we have a girl I like the name Layla Rose and if it's a boy Elijah (no middle name decided yet so I welcome suggestions)

January 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
We only have 1 name picked out and it is for if we have a boy: Bruce. We've loved that name for over 6 years now. I'd like his middle name to be James so it would be Bruce James, but DH hasn't completely fallen in love with that yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search