joining... tentatively...

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Pleione's Avatar Veteran
Tentatively joining October because I'm not sure if I'm September or October! I never ... really tracked my period or was planning this, so I'm not entirely sure when I conceived or when I am due. All I know is my first scheduled appointment is March 2nd and I can't WAIT! The disappointing part is my husband will not be there for ... well ... all the appointments unless he schedules to fly home early. It's heartbreaking to know my husband's job will prevent him from missing important milestones in my prenatal care because he's traveling weekly. He's going to try and fly home early some days just to go but sadly none of the places I called do weekend appointments.

I'm excited but unsure. There's so much that you ladies seem to know that I feel like such a dorky novice. I can't even figure out when I last had my period! I'm just .. excited. Here's hoping all goes well and that my pregnancy goes well whether I'm late September or early October! I hope you guys don't mind lol. Hopefully when I have a date I will know where to lurk. But I'll be in both October and September to cheer everyone on.

I was told they can't see me until I'm 8-9 weeks along. So question for you ladies... when do I start taking prenatal drugs? Do I start now?
February 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM
mommacache's Avatar Super Mommy
First off, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS!

That's hard that your DH is going to be gone a lot, but hopefully we can be of some support for you. Even if you end up being due in Sept. you are absolutely still welcome here!

As far as prenatal vitamins go, it's best to start before conception so yes, start taking them now. Folic acid is most important in the early stages of development so make sure you're getting that.

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 9 months!

February 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats. You should start taking prenatal vitamins now. I hope something can be worked out with your husbands job.

SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Welcome and congrats! Sorry to hear that your hubby won't be able to make most of the appointments with you. Do you have a close friend or family member that could maybe be there for support?

I started taking pre-natals as soon as we started TTCing. I live a low-carb lifestyle so I don't get enough of the vitamins needed every day during pregnancy.

wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I can understand you wanting your husband with you for the milestones, and i was fortunate enough to have mine with me with our 1st but this time, I will go by myself. Now that we have a little one to juggle, it will be just too hard for both of us to go together. : (

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

February 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully you have your mom, sister or a friend who could go with you? I know it's scary sometimes...

We will be here for you if nothing else. Feel free to ask us any questions you have... we're always here to help

I'm Cassie btw and this is my #4

February 7th, 2012, 06:55 AM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Congratulations and welcome!!! I lol'd at the prenatal drugs....sometimes that's what my husband calls them too. haha!

February 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Congrats and welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you! I agree with the ladies, start taking your prenatal vitamins ASAP.
February 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome to the DDC! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! And don't worry about being dorky...I felt the same way the first time around! You'll be an ''expert'' too in about 9 months. And even though it sucks that your hubby can't go to your appts with you, at least rest assured that you'll have lots of support from the mommies on JM. I've met so many wonderful women through JM, I have no idea what I would have done without them! Our men are great and will be fabulous daddies, but let's face it...when it comes to babies and pregnancies, they aren't usually the best at giving useful advice!

February 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM
NTNP
Congrats and welcome.
Yes! Start taking pre natals ASAP , I started taking them 3 months ago after my m/c...

Thank you Alex and Aidens mommy for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search