Can't haves.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Pleione's Avatar Momtographer
Following up with my other post, the list of 'do nots' is almost depressing. No caffeine (which means no more delicious vanilla lattes from Starbucks, no more warm hot green teas in the morning), no fish (well certain fish, at least), no aspirin (the only one that actually kills my headache I can't use anymore), and the list is growing!

And let's not get started on food aversion to some of my favorite food! Whhhhy?

I just have to keep telling myself it's for the best and it's all worth it.
February 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can have SOME caffeine I think it's like 250mg a day... just don't be downing a pot of coffee or any 6 Hour Powers.

The hardest for me is taking HOT baths... you're not supposed to let your body temp rise. Super, ridiculously, melt your flesh kinda hot baths are my Mommy Time every day... the whole WARM water thing is just depressing to me.

February 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Some days I have a can of soda.

I also don't paint my nails when preggo or eat lunch meat. I know it's OK if it's heated up to steaming, but that isn't appealing to me. I miss Subway! (Although, I've heard some OBs tell patients it's OK to have lunch meat, so I guess it's just a personal preference?)
February 8th, 2012, 05:06 PM
faith*hope*love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also having trouble with going without my steaming hot baths

Special thanks to cavewoman for my wonderful siggy!

February 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It definitely is all worth it. I am fine with most of the advice but still have my hot shower and still eat fish ( I do avoid mackerel and the likes). Never drank coffee but do miss my rare drink of coke. This is the easy part. Wait until baby arrives and you discover your best food makes baby gassy and uncomfortable (if breast feeding); at least now baby let's you eat maybe to some extent

Sisters, friends forever
February 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
NTNP
I try to cut down on caffeine I drink mostly water or juice, I will have a soda sometimes just bc it tastes so good.

Thank you Alex and Aidens mommy for my siggy!
February 8th, 2012, 05:16 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
The caffeine is rough for me. I allow myself a half-caff coffee in the morning, and, though I haven't needed to yet, I would be okay with a caffeinated pop in the afternoon on occassion. I also haven't needed a pain reliever yet, but ibuprofen is the only thing that really works for me, unfortunately. I'm really gonna miss beer when we're camping this summer All very well worth it though!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilettos-N-Sippys View Post
The hardest for me is taking HOT baths... you're not supposed to let your body temp rise. Super, ridiculously, melt your flesh kinda hot baths are my Mommy Time every day... the whole WARM water thing is just depressing to me.
Wow, are we the same person? I could have written this post word-for-word. I often tell DH that I need my bath water to be so hot it makes my bone marrow melt-y and he laughs at me. What good is a jacuzzi tub if you can't fill it with boiling water? *sigh*

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilettos-N-Sippys View Post
You can have SOME caffeine I think it's like 250mg a day... just don't be downing a pot of coffee or any 6 Hour Powers.

ME TOO! I love my baths at like 105-106, as close to scalding as i can tolerate....DH knows this about me so when i was pregnant with Savannah he asked our OB what temp the bath should be and then he'd test the water temp before he'd let me get in to make sure I wasn't cheating a little

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 8th, 2012, 05:53 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
he'd test the water temp before he'd let me get in to make sure I wasn't cheating a little
Ha ha! My DH got me one of those little rubber duckies that turns white if the water is too hot for a baby and told me that if it was too hot for a newborn, it was too hot for me. I think that was a little extreme I told him if I did that I'd get hypothermia when I took a bath
L-SBB and Sawyers_Mommy like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 8th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH I have kindred spirits! lol If I can't take a super hot bath there's pretty much no point in taking one. I have a fabulous tub that calls my name constantly. And is it just me that whenever I feel bad I take a bath and it makes me feel SO much better... all in my head? Perhaps...

I love the melty bone marrow comment TOO FUNNY! And the too hot for a newborn thing... UGH, that's like lukewarm! Miserable I tell you!

I still take my hot baths, I just only get in for like two minutes... I'm pretty sure I'm an addict.
L-SBB likes this.

February 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to miss my Brie, Goat cheese and a host of other things I usually live off of.

February 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
Right now, I don't miss anything because everything makes me sick. Food wise. I love cokes! I'm a coke-a-holic, but now I can't even stand the thought of a coke. I loved chocolate, but now I can't even look at it, and heaven forbid I get a whiff of the stuff. ick! So I don't miss any of that right now. However......I do miss my baths too *sigh*. I have to say though.....I cheat. I HAVE To have a bath once a day (shower in the am, bath in the pm) and I figure if I'm feeling like crap for 99% of the day, I should at least be allowed a 5 minute hot bath. I usually can only stand about 5-10 (tops) mins of that too though because if I get TOO warm, I'm sick again. Are we close to the second tri yet? I'm such a baby

February 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM
jamiejo's Avatar Veteran
I just recently started drinking sodas again after not drinking them for almost two years so it shouldnt be too hard to stop drinking them again. I didn't know about the hot baths until I read this thread so maybe I need to adjust my bath water temperature from now on.

I think what I'm going to miss most is my candy. I've had a super addiction to candy every since halloween (every night before bed) & I'm trying to be as healthy as possible for my first pregnancy so good-bye candy
February 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
NTNP
Omg yeah I have to have a hot shower!! I'm gonna miss it I don't normally take baths... But a hot shower is hard to say no to

Thank you Alex and Aidens mommy for my siggy!
February 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
You can do the hot shower - i made a point of clarifying this with my OB - apparently baths cause a problem b/c your core body temp rises too much when submerged in hot water...i guess there's enough skin getting cool as you move around in a shower they don't worry about the shower temp - so enjoy yourself!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM

February 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Good to know hot showers are okay!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 8th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Good to know hot showers are okay!
I was starting to get worried that they added a new thing to the list of what not to do. Never heard of such a thing. Bathing is a different story. phewwww....

February 8th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Peytonsmomma
i am such a freak when it comes to pregnancies lol!! i cut all high fructose, fructose, aspartame, do you know how much foods have that in them?? i miss our hot tub, a nice glass of wine, sleeping on my right side, but all is worth it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search