14dpo SMU (x-posted) Update from 16dpo!!!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sonomom15

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Here is a picture from the test I took this morning at 16dpo. It is wayyyy darker than the $ store one so I'm pretty sure I'm fine. I feel like it should be darker at 16dpo but i'm not cramping or spotting and still have the symptoms I've had since I got my bfp. I think i'm just the type of person who doesn't get extremely dark lines. I've also heard if your HCG is so high it can cause a lighter line unless you mix it with some water to dilute it some. I may try this with the next test.

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; February 11th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
February 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Is this from the $ store? I know there are 2 different types they have (at least the one by me): New Choice & Assured. the Assured ones are way more sensitive. If it is a New Choice, I know those aren't very sensitive.

I would back it up with the other tests you were using just to be sure, if it makes you feel better!
February 9th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAngel702 View Post
Is this from the $ store? I know there are 2 different types they have (at least the one by me): New Choice & Assured. the Assured ones are way more sensitive. If it is a New Choice, I know those aren't very sensitive.
It's from the dollar general store not the dollar tree. Baby step I think is the brand.
I have one clearblue easy digital left. I'm trying to figure out how much hcg they detect, just out of curiousity.

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; February 9th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
February 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Oh ok, I've never used that one before. Maybe they just aren't very sensitive. I would back it up with another test, if it would make you feel better
February 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAngel702 View Post
Oh ok, I've never used that one before. Maybe they just aren't very sensitive. I would back it up with another test, if it would make you feel better
I think I'm just overracting. I used my clearblue digital with very diluted urine and it came up pregnant within just a minute. Online I read they pick up 50mIU. I think I might get onther pack of FRER's just to ease my mind though.
February 9th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree it might be the brand u used.

February 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM
October 2012 DDC co-host
I agree....FRER are the brand I use because I know I can trust their sensitivity. I'm assuming it's probably the brand you are using...but also keep in mind that HCG counts can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy and person to person. I usually have very high HCG numbers and it never means multiples....and my BFF has very LOW HCG numbers (to the point where she tested negative 2 days LATE with her last pregnancy and it was still negative) and she now has a healthy 1 year old. It REALLY just depends, but the most important thing is that you are seeing those numbers climb. Have you had your betas drawn yet? (((hug))) DEFINITELY retest with FRER if you are concerned, I think you'll probably see a nice, distinct line

OH and the other thing is...are you absolutely positive on your dates? Because that could be the other factor of why your lines are so light....if you ovulated later than you thought
Stilettos-N-Sippys likes this.

February 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandstripes View Post
I agree....FRER are the brand I use because I know I can trust their sensitivity. I'm assuming it's probably the brand you are using...but also keep in mind that HCG counts can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy and person to person. I usually have very high HCG numbers and it never means multiples....and my BFF has very LOW HCG numbers (to the point where she tested negative 2 days LATE with her last pregnancy and it was still negative) and she now has a healthy 1 year old. It REALLY just depends, but the most important thing is that you are seeing those numbers climb. Have you had your betas drawn yet? (((hug))) DEFINITELY retest with FRER if you are concerned, I think you'll probably see a nice, distinct line

OH and the other thing is...are you absolutely positive on your dates? Because that could be the other factor of why your lines are so light....if you ovulated later than you thought
I went for dr. confirmation and they said since I had gotten 9 positive test and no negatives that I am def pregnant and there is no need to do any test through them. If I take another test and the line isn't atleast as dark as before when I took a frer then i'll be calling to get blood drawn. I am 1000% sure of when I O'd. I was charting and using OPK's. I had a dark line on a FRER when I used it at 12dpo so I think its just this test.
February 9th, 2012, 05:49 PM
NTNP
Yeah I would say it was just the test

Thank you Alex and Aidens mommy for my siggy!
February 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you're like me and it will drive you crazy, just go get a couple blood tests to make sure. I'm all for reducing stress

But for what it's worth, I agree with the girls

February 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
brittanylee12's Avatar Veteran
i took the same brand at 22 dpo and this is what i got ..

February 10th, 2012, 04:30 AM
The test I took about 20 days pass ovulation had a faint control line but very very dark test line, meanin my hcg was very high. I think thats what yours is sayin as well. But like myself you can get a blood or urine test done at the doctors. You will feel alot better once th er y confirm your pregnancy
February 10th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanylee12 View Post
i took the same brand at 22 dpo and this is what i got ..
Oh wow, thanks for posting! That makes me feel better

I'm going to get some FRER's tonight when I go out and test in the moring. I'll post an update of the test I feel alot more relaxed today like I don't have nothing to worry about so thats a good sign I guess lol
February 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Just don't use those crap tests I never do after I got pg with my daughter and saw how light they are. They are a waste of money.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search