pregnancy fitness

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By revolutionarygirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Peytonsmomma
i know i posted before on working out, im looking at different fitness routines online, i dont regulary excercise but i know im getting older and well gravity is starting to set in lol, what do you recommend for good fitness dvds? or should i do yoga dvds?
February 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
I would probably do yoga, that's what I plan on doing

February 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
zubeldia's Avatar Super Mommy
I usually do what I was doing before pregnancy (I race triathlons so I continue to run, swim and bike for as long as possible). The gym and the elliptical were my friends in the third trimester with my son and I worked out until the day before he was born. But I also really liked the prenatal DVD I bought.

rafi and charlie by zubeldia36, on Flickr
February 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan to keep up weekly racquetball with my husband until I just can't anymore, and I plan to keep swimming and using the elliptical through my pregnancy!

February 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm gonna walk and just do light weights to keep my muscles toned.
February 12th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Peytonsmomma
i found a pregnancy yoga dvd that i think im going to get
February 12th, 2012, 05:53 PM
kathleenbean108's Avatar Pregnant with baby #3
I am a Marine and run every day. With my other 2 kids I ran until I was too big and it was uncomfortable. I plan to do the same this go round. I also have a YMCA membership and they do yoga classes which I see myself doing alot of.
February 12th, 2012, 06:49 PM
delaney24's Avatar Super Mommy
I do yoga, pilates & the 'perfect pregnancy workout' dvd
February 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM
baybeecakes08's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll continue using my treadmill and I'm hoping to find a pregnancy yoga DVD

[/url]
February 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
ashley5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For you since you haven't worked out a bunch before you were pregnant, I wouldn't start a hard core workout. I do what the others suggested yoga. It's great exercise for beginners, and there's different levels of dvds you can buy or rent.

I love working out, and I'll stick to my regular weights, elliptical, and running until it gets uncomfortable.
February 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone doing Weight Watchers?
February 13th, 2012, 05:48 PM
revolutionarygirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you're not supposed to do Weight Watchers when you're pregnant,... (at least that's what my WW told me) in fact you're not supposed to try to loose any weight while pregnant, instead you should be gaining a little bit (by eating healthy foods and more protein, etc...)

as to working out, just make sure any exercise you are STARTING is safe, you might want to check with your doctor. Most books say that if you were doing it regularly before being pregnant, you'll probably be fine doing it with moderation while you're pregnant. But that you shouldn't START any strenuous exercise...
in all of this... to be safe you should check to make sure with your doctor.

I was doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred before I found out I was pregnant and she outright says don't do her dvds when you're pregnant, so I stopped.
And a lot of prenatal yoga classes don't let you take them until you're second trimester... I have two prenatal yoga dvds I plan to use once I get into second trimester... and I'll probably go back to doing recumbent bike (extremely low impact) and a little low impact dancing once I feel more safe.

in general low impact stuff like elliptical machines, recumbent bikes and water exercise are good ideas...

and people say that doing safe stretches and yoga and in general staying in good shape while you're pregnant helps the whole pregnancy and birth go better, not just helps you get back into shape after the pregnancy...
Peytonsmomma likes this.
February 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
LWiegel's Avatar Lauren *Expecting #1!*
I just bought an elliptical and recently started exercising again. I'm going to continue using it i just want to keep my heart rate below 140 which is what my ob told me to do my last pg.

Lauren's Pregnancy Journal.
February 14th, 2012, 01:17 AM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
I will probably go for walks, swim when I can, and possibly use the elliptical in moderation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search