GTKY questions

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
1. Your Name? Kelsey
2. Relationship Status? Happily married
3. Other Children? DS Sawyer who is 14months
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? 7th cycle was the charm
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Of course, I'm a SAHM. That's a full time job
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Moby wrap
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Nope. A maternity shirt and pants for myself though
8. EDD? 10/18
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Would like a girl but another boy would be nice so DS could have a same sex sibiling close in age.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Right now my biggest fear is that the baby isn't healthy. Will feel alot better once we go to our 1st u/s. Delivery wise, worried i'd have tto have a c-section!
February 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
1. Your Name? Lindsey
2. Relationship Status? Married to Chad - we have been together for 6 years and married for almost 1 year on 4/3/12
3. Other Children? Not yet.
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Planned! Took us 12 cycles.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I worked as a claims adjuster for many years up until recently. I now help out my DH at his insurance agency. I mainly do marketing.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Nothing yet. but I'm sure that list will grow and grow, just as my belly does
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet.
8. EDD? Oct 15th based on Ovulation. We will see what the doctor says
9. Gender predictions/hopes? It's been predicted to be a girl but I honestly don't mind either way!
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? I know my doctor told me at my annual appt last year that when I do get pregnant that I'm going to need to go to a high risk doctor at 12 weeks for a cervical cerclage and I'm pretty nervous about that! I will find out more about it next week and will hopefully feel better about it.
February 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Lindsey, I had never heard of a cervical cerclage before.. Just looked it up and it sounds really interesting!! I'm sure you will be in good hands. I read the procedure is effective in 85-90% of patients; those are pretty good odds! KUP on how that goes please. I am interested in learning more about it.

February 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Thanks Nina! I will let you girls know for sure. The thought of having to get my cervix stitched up is scary but if it means it will help keep my baby in there full term, I'm all for it!
February 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name? Kellie
2. Relationship Status? Married
3. Other Children? Elizabeth, July 09
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes, 7 months TTC
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? SAHM
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Squishy baby wraps!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet.
8. EDD? Oct. 21
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Hope for a boy, but happy with either
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? A sub-standard/hostile hospital experience like we had last time - mom and baby seperation

February 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Stilettos-N-Sippys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love this thread

1. Your Name? Cassie
2. Relationship Status? Happily married to my bff
3. Other Children? Oh yes Ava-6, Eli-4, and baby Fox just turned 1
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes, our 1st cycle
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm a wedding photographer... adore my job!

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Nothing, I just want a nap...
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Nothing yet
8. EDD? Sept. 30th
9. Gender predictions/hopes? I guess girl... happy either way
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? I'm also a Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep photographer so I've seen a lot of devastated families... I'm just terrified to lose a baby late term.

February 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM
kaylarayne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.Your Name? Kayla
3. Other Children? 3 children. Izak 13, Alyssa 11 and CJ 7
4. Was this pregnancy planned? Yes If so, how many cycles to TTC? Just this last one
5. Do you work? Yes If so, what do you do? I work in Collections/Fraud
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Boppy
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Nothing
8. EDD? 10/10/12
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Hoping for a girl. We tried ALL the old wives tales for a girl, but have a pretty strong feeling it is going to be team blue and that's ok
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Not yet, but I am sure they will be coming :-/
February 14th, 2012, 01:21 AM
mom2xander's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2xander Send a message via Yahoo to mom2xander Send a message via Skype™ to mom2xander
1. Your Name? Cassie
2. Relationship Status? Engaged
3. Other Children? Xander, 3
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? No
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Work at Walgreens and am in school for education.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? Not sure yet.
7. Have you bought anything for baby? No, I won't until closer - and we are in the new apartment.
8. EDD? October 18
9. Gender predictions/hopes?Would like a girl, since I have my son, but will be happy either way.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? I have a tremendous fear of needles, but since I have chronic back issues I need to do an epi or labor is too painful to endure.

February 14th, 2012, 04:14 AM
brittanylee12's Avatar Veteran
1. Your Name? Brittany
2. Relationship Status? Engaged
3. Other Children? Cohen Kenneth 2 years , and Denver Scott angel baby November 2010
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes, two cycles
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? Im a nurse however haven't been to work since ds was born. And i just finished my administrative medical assisting course.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? New Matching Nursery Set
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet
8. EDD? October 6th 2012
9. Gender predictions/hopes? HOPING for a girl my mother has 5 grandsons LOL. but will be happy as long as everyone is healthy
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? my last pregnancy ended in still birth due to my sons heart developing outside of his chest, so PRAYING this baby will be healthy <3

February 14th, 2012, 04:35 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's get to know each other a little better!

1. Your Name? Lisa
2. Relationship Status? Married since 2008, together since 1999
3. Other Children? Melodie will be 2 on 03-22-12
4. Was this pregnancy planned? Yup! 3rd cycle
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do?I'm vice principal of a k-8 school and I also teach the 8th grade class.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear?hmmm...new wraps maybe? the only thing we absolutely needed was a new infant carrier/travel system because our old one is expired, and my mom bought us one just last week as a surprise, so we're pretty much set!
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet, but we are buying gift cards for groceries, babies R us and Walmart as time goes by so we have them whenever we need something after the baby comes, to help with formula, dipes, etc. Other than that we're going to save any extra $ in our ''baby fund'' to have when money gets tight when I'm on mat leave.
8. EDD?around oct 8th I think but I'll probably need a U/S for dating
9. Gender predictions/hopes?I predict a boy, but who knows!
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Having a breeched baby and having GD again...by far the worst part of my 1st pregnancy was the GD!

February 14th, 2012, 09:17 AM
MrzRoman's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Currently living in Oxnard, Ca hometown Jacksonville, FL
Send a message via MSN to MrzRoman Send a message via Yahoo to MrzRoman
1. Your Name? Crystal

3. Other Children? 4 boys 1 girl

4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Not planned

6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? We have everything we need.

7. Have you bought anything for baby? Not yet DH doesn't let me buy anything until we find out gender.

8. EDD? 10/9

9. Gender predictions/hopes? Would love another girl. DH and two of my boys want another boy. Myself DD and DS want a girl.

10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Right not terrified of another M/C

Mrs. C Roman:
Mommy to:

Jahdiel Benjamin, Jaiden Jaiver, Jalen Elias, Jaslene Mercedes, Jace Anthony
February 14th, 2012, 09:20 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name? Jenn
2. Relationship Status? married
3. Other Children? Liam is 6, Lochlann is 4 1/2, Lila is 23 months
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC?
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? nothing really
7. Have you bought anything for baby? nope, not yet.
8. EDD? October 22th
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Um, I don't have a preference really. It would be nice for my daughter to have a sister and be able to have what our boys have together but I'd also love another boy so...win/win!
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? I'm afraid I'll end up delivering in a hospital (really want a homebirth); I'm afraid I'll get SPD again, I was in so much pain last pregnancy because of that.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
1. Your Name? Sarah
3. Other Children? Samuel 3
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Yes... oh dear god, lets not even go there. It took over 2yrs.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? WAHM
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? baby bullet
7. Have you bought anything for baby? Nope
8. EDD? Oct 24
9. Gender predictions/hopes? GIRL! But predicted boy.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? preg fear is to lose this one too

February 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
1. Your Name? Amanda
2. Relationship Status? Married for going on 7 years
3. Other Children? Ryan, 10 months
4. Was this pregnancy planned? If so, how many cycles to TTC? Not exactly. I was still on birth control. We weren't going to start trying for #2 for another 6 months or so. God obviously had other plans for us.
5. Do you work? If so, what do you do? I'm an RN and work for a health insurance company doing reviews and running their clinic.
6. Number 1 thing on your "wishlist" in terms of baby gear? A bigger vehicle.
7. Have you bought anything for baby? No. We have pretty much everything we need already except for little girl clothes, lol.
8. EDD? I'm thinking Oct. 17th-ish.
9. Gender predictions/hopes? Hoping for a girl, but I love my little boy, so another boy would be A-OK, too. Just as long as baby is safe & healthy.
10. Biggest pregnancy/delivery fear? Stillbirth. My sister had a still born at 38 wks last year, and had a perfectly normal/healthy pregnancy. I was 7 months pregnant at the time. This has been my biggest fear with my pregnancy with Ryan and will be with this one also.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search